• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Agreed. This eternal speculation by β€œinsiders” without any concrete details or willingness to at least sketch something is useless. its a safe position to say well similar to but not quite like and so forth. If ur a real enthusiast like most of us here are-put up,or shut up already

I'm going to politely ask you to show other forum members respect, or your posts will be moderated. Thank you.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Not to be rude Challenger rt fan, but almost every post you make seems to be negative. You're always complaining about the mustang, or Ford, or forums members, or sharing cynical views. It makes me wonder why you're even here, you don't really seem to be a mustang fan, you almost never have positive or constructive things to say. So why are you here?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Regarding that vid, interesting stuff. That being said, I don't know if I'd trust what a dealership says based on their "inside sources". Looking at what ExplorerDude has said on the blue oval forums, he describes the s650 sketches he saw as having a more agressive fastback roofline. If that's true, and that fastback made it to production, I don't see how the s550 and s650 would have interchangeable roofs and rear glass. Time will tell, it sounds like the s650 is going to look pretty similar to the s550, with enough changes to make it look new and unique. I'm ok with that, especially considering how good the s550 looks.

I remember ExplorerDude's comment.......I think it was the first time someone had indicated they'd seen a rendering/styling proposal. And I did think it was ironic that dealer stated only the roof/rear window would be interchangeable, as that goes against E/dude's comment. As you say, time will tell :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No, not an S650 Photoshop........but what an S650/550 based Lincoln could look like. I don't hate it.......and gives an idea of what the larger grille might look like.

Whilst I'd love to see a Lincoln coupe, I'm sure there wouldn't be sufficient sales to justify the development.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Lincoln concept 2

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Looks pretty sharp actually. Idk, sales of a Lincoln coupe, as you mentioned, probably wouldn't be very high. But if they were able to keep development costs relatively low, and had a decent profit margin, it might be worth it. I could see a Lincoln based on the mustang almost going toe to toe with other luxury gt's, like some entry level Astons. Would be neat to see for sure.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
No, not an S650 Photoshop........but what an S650/550 based Lincoln could look like. I don't hate it.......and gives an idea of what the larger grille might look like.

Whilst I'd love to see a Lincoln coupe, I'm sure there wouldn't be sufficient sales to justify the development.

Lincoln concept 2.jpg
I think to make this work, you remove the rear seat and make it a retractable hard top

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandΓ©

Lincoln concept 2.jpg
For a Giant Front Grille, not too bad! The Rear Quarter Glass looks like a Throwback to earlier Generation Mustangs (Fox Body & SN95) with the Lower Beltline and Greater Glass Area.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1640890938758

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1640890994234

The Hood, though, doesn't seem to match up with what Ford is doing in most of its updates and refreshed models. They've been moving the Hoods all the way forward to the Grille and eliminating the Bumper Cover above the Grille. Even the Older Mustangs, above, have the Full Length Hoods.

As far as the S650 having the same Roof and Rear Glass . . . I HOPE NOT!

The SAME GLASS has been used since 2014 Production Mustangs and has NEVER FIT!

About time they spend the money on New Tooling and get the Glass to Fit.

There has been a Driver's Side Window Drop at the Roof. Even one of the Executives at the Flat Rock Plant admitted that to me. And, the Roof and Left Side of my Mustang were caddy whompus. Installing New Fenders, Bumper, Hood, Trunk Valence and Bumper Covers were not enough to completely eliminate the problem. There's even a Hole in the Roof where the Roof Panel meets the Rear Quarter Panel. Combination of Welding and Bonding, I guess, that escaped Quality. I hope the Engineers and Designers Co-operate this time with the Production Tooling Group to Improve on Fit and Finish Quality.

Just bought a new 2021 Escape and the Hood, Fender, Trunk Hatch and Bumper Covers Still don't align. Like the Mustang, from a distance, you don't see them. Maybe a Full Length Hood Transition is an attemp to eliminate some of the difficulty. However, in this Age of Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing, there's no longer an excuse. If other manufacturers can get it reasonably right, Ford should be able to also.

As an aside, I like the Lincoln Front better than the Polestar, which I thought was a good Design. And, the Headlights seem to Blend Better with the Hood and Front Appearance. If the Front looks like this, I think it would be a Winner for either Ford or Lincoln. I also like the 350 Hood and Vented Fenders the Artist Retained. I've been wanting to see a Luxury Version (GrandΓ©) of the Mustang for a long time now, so a Lincoln Version would be Great, other than Price, of course. Only Question is, What would they Call It?

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ha, yeah, that one is doing the rounds again. It's a Photoshop based on a Shelby GT that was for sale by a dealer called Bill Shepherd Mustang here in England.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Shelby GT BSM

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
To call that render shit would be a compliment. I think we can all collectively breathe a sigh of relief as that is clearly a very poor render (in terms of quality and aesthetics) that someone whipped up in their free time.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ to-ravage-dodge-and-chevy-in-digital-form-178140_1

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ -ready-to-ravage-dodge-and-chevy-in-digital-form_1
Sometimes these renders come to life and I am afraid of that. The lights give it away here.

I really hope this is in no way or form close to the car.
Sponsored