• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 GT or C7/C8

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Think Harley compared to a crotch rocket.

OP
OP

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
You only live once. S650 being built the week of Oct 9th. Any guess what color? LOL

IMG_5434.jpeg
With the way you’re doing it, I am sure once is enough! I hope your S650 got the NPP, because that was one of the the best color combos on this model.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
My plan was originally to get a Z06 or an E-Ray, but when prices came out, it was apparent that to retain a 2nd family car (one with back seats) I would have to finance almost all of another that would cost north of 100k. Briefly, I considered the Stingray, plenty nice to be sure, but at north of 75k, I still was in no position to be locked in such a large loan at current interest rates. The '24 Mustang was in my peripheral as an option; the pictures were striking, and I was partial to the S550, but not sold until the S650 came along. Long story, short, I ordered a premium GT 10 speed; it does have back seats. My plan is to trade in the 'Stang for a gently used E-Ray in about 7 years or so when my kids can drive themselves.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
Quick backstory here, I’ve been waiting for my ordered GT since the first day we were able to order them 3/27 and to this day, it still seems like there’s no exact date on when I’ll be receiving it.

Due to the long wait, I’ve been exploring other options and recently the corvette keeps coming up as an interesting comparison.

My 24GT Build is roughly $60k and at similar amounts +/- $5k, some good deals on corvettes start to come up. I’ve been comparing them for a while and I am still undecided. I’d like to bring up the conversation here and hear what your opinions on this are.

Is anyone else in this situation?At what price of a GT would you personally consider to spend that money on a corvette instead?
I have owned a C8 coupe and convertible, 2 C7 Z06's, a C7 Grandsport and a C7 Z51 convertible, a C6 427 convertible, C6 supercharged grand sport convertible and a C6 convertible...

If you have the money to buy a C8 do it. I love my Mustangs but if you are on the fence buy the C8! I have owned several Mclarens, R8's,Ferraris, NSX, Porsche Turbos, Porsche everything.. and for the money the Corvette C8 is a fricken steal. It's not going to outperform any of the mentioned cars but you don't care because it's fast as shit, refined and a joy. my 2cents

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I was considering a Corvette but no manual option killed it for me. Also, I don't hate pushrod engines but I'm also not a big fan of pushrod engines in a sports car. I'd rather have a GT-350R with the Voodoo and a 6 speed manual at that price point.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have owned a C8 coupe and convertible, 2 C7 Z06's, a C7 Grandsport and a C7 Z51 convertible, a C6 427 convertible, C6 supercharged grand sport convertible and a C6 convertible...

If you have the money to buy a C8 do it. I love my Mustangs but if you are on the fence buy the C8! I have owned several Mclarens, R8's,Ferraris, NSX, Porsche Turbos, Porsche everything.. and for the money the Corvette C8 is a fricken steal. It's not going to outperform any of the mentioned cars but you don't care because it's fast as shit, refined and a joy. my 2cents
but the C8 is ugly as fuk...IMO

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
I like the look of the C8 and so do quite a few other people, it's certainly not ugly.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I like the look of the C8 and so do quite a few other people, it's certainly not ugly.
I said in my opinion. I know a bunch of Corvette owners that say the same thing. I drove one when I was shopping for my GT500 and liked nothing about it. I would have bought the C7 I was looking at over the C8.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
A a C8 owner i can say the cornering and performance is not even comparible. Corvettes are sportscars, you can go for insane cornering speeds and the acceleration in C8 from standing is amazing. But if you need more space in the trunk or the rearseats the Mustang is easily the better choice. And friggin doors of the C8 are huge and have these dumb winglets on the outer corner, so you need tons of parking space next to you to get in or out.

I absolutely love how my C8 drives, but I'm not 100% certain if I'm happy on the long run that I will never be able to take my wife and daugther with me at the same time in the car

But as I mentioned in another topic: for ~$65k you could check out if a M2 appeals to you, it got the performance close to the C8 but trunk and rearspace similiar to the Mustang

Last edited:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 , 2012 Boss 302
During the pandemic it was fun and profitable buying new and used C8’s , GT500, GT350R , Mach1 and Jaguar F type cars. The market has changed and I ended up with a 2023 C8 HTC. Of all those cars the C8 is by far my choice.

The only thing the C8 needed was a better performance exhaust option. So they finally teamed up with Borla and added a Borla exhaust as an option with full factory warranty. With all the Black Friday sales I bought one for 25% off plus GM rewards money. Which basically cut the cost in half Including installation. Now it sounds amazing upshifting and downshifting in track mode. It’s basically a second toy in the family and the grandkids ride in the Equinox. Unless the 9 year old wants a fun ride with the top down. The hard top convertible is just perfect for this car. Nothing out there can compete at $78K.

S650 Mustang S650 GT or  C7/C8 2F68363F-9B37-4DA9-845A-DF88366B3005

S650 Mustang S650 GT or  C7/C8 07E6577D-91BE-49C6-9BE1-27F97DFAF2B5

Last edited:

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I was dead set on a C8. I test drove three of them within a weeks period. Here’s the catch though. It would be a second/weekend/trip car as I have a truck for a daily. My wife took one look at the trunk and frunk and we ruled it out. I LOVE the looks, but there is zero space for any bags larger than a carry on. We want to be able to actually pack for a trip without compromising bag size. I found a Dark Horse at MSRP two weeks ago, and it checks all of the boxes for us, including a usable trunk so that’s what I ended up with.

S650 Mustang S650 GT or  C7/C8 IMG_0368
Sponsored