• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
If you search up that part number for the cupholder on parts.ford.com it’ll come up. Once @Stangerous posts the install and where to tap into I’ll end up ordering. Everything. Ford by me it says the cupholder harness is about $50 and the extra harness is around 45 and the cup holder is 20
Do a tik tok of the install so I can follow it as a guide lol, I need to order all the stuff.
Sponsored

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Could you do a more detailed step-by-step of install and post it in here? Really looking into doing this myself.

The part number that RJV15 posted for the cup holder, is that the Lincoln cup holders or ford, as I'd want the Lincoln set.

What'd the total price come out to for both harnesses and cupholders?
I will. I'm just waiting for the cup holder to arrive. Yes, that is the Lincoln cup holder. INSANEMUSTANG9 installed the S550 cup holder, the difference is LED ring placement. Lincoln is on the bottom, Mustang is near the top. Definitely gives a different lighting effect. All in for around $150.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet can’t wait!
Ok, so I did the install yesterday, unfortunately I didn’t get pictures as there really aren’t many needed. Once you get started it’s pretty straightforward. Although I would recommend getting the S550 cup holder, the Lincoln one is larger and modifications need to be made. Other than that, it was easy. I tapped in to the driver side footwell light which was pretty simple. Just unplug the harness and remove it. I did take a picture of that in case it didn’t work and I had to buy a new one. It did take about 4 hours, while I had everything apart I replaced the shift knob with one I had on my S550. All in all, a nice upgrade that I’m happy with but if I had to do it again I would definitely use the S550 cup holder. You can see the gap I mentioned in the pics. Sitting in the car it is not noticeable, the camera angle brings it out.

IMG_6101.jpeg

IMG_6102.jpeg

IMG_6103.jpeg

IMG_6099.jpeg

IMG_6107.jpeg

Last edited:

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Ok, so I did the install yesterday, unfortunately I didn’t get pictures as there really aren’t many needed. Once you get started it’s pretty straightforward. Although I would recommend getting the S550 cup holder, the Lincoln one is larger and modifications need to be made. Other than that, it was easy. I tapped in to the driver side footwell light which was pretty simple. Just unplug the harness and remove it. I did take a picture of that in case it didn’t work and I had to buy a new one. It did take about 4 hours, while I had everything apart I replaced the shift knob with one I had on my S550. All in all, a nice upgrade that I’m happy with but if I had to do it again I would definitely use the S550 cup holder. You can see the gap I mentioned in the pics. Sitting in the car it is not noticeable, the camera angle brings it out.

IMG_6101.jpeg

IMG_6102.jpeg

IMG_6103.jpeg

IMG_6099.jpeg

IMG_6107.jpeg
Looks awesome. What modifications had to be needed to the Lincoln cup holder? The extra wires that you bought were long enough to reach the footwell light? I thought the s550 cup holders were way bigger and didn’t fit right on the s650

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome. What modifications had to be needed to the Lincoln cup holder? The extra wires that you bought were long enough to reach the footwell light? I thought the s550 cup holders were way bigger and didn’t fit right on the s650
No, you’ll need to splice on an additional 2’ of wire. I thought and read the same thing, but when I removed the cupholder and physically compared it to the Lincoln one it was smaller. That is the biggest reason for a not so perfect fit. So, I had to notch out some areas on the Lincoln cupholder because its mounting holes aren’t in the same place and had to drill new holes to accommodate for that. I also trimmed the mounting locations down a little to close the gap to where it is now. I may locate a S550 holder and replace it later. But like I said, it’s not a major flaw and I can live with it until I get the other one. If you’re at all mechanically inclined this won’t be a difficult task, just time consuming mostly due to the cup holder modifications of trim, fit, trim again. lol Still worth the effort in my opinion. Insanemustang9 used the S550 holder, I think the difference is where the LED ring is located

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Just finished doing my cup holders then saw your post, yours looks way better! I had an extra s550 cup holder laying around so ordered the Lincon cup holder and am going to change it out once it come in, thanks for the info

IMG_3189.jpeg
The s550 cup holder fits? Any modifications to it? I thought it was to big for the s650

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
No, you’ll need to splice on an additional 2’ of wire. I thought and read the same thing, but when I removed the cupholder and physically compared it to the Lincoln one it was smaller. That is the biggest reason for a not so perfect fit. So, I had to notch out some areas on the Lincoln cupholder because its mounting holes aren’t in the same place and had to drill new holes to accommodate for that. I also trimmed the mounting locations down a little to close the gap to where it is now. I may locate a S550 holder and replace it later. But like I said, it’s not a major flaw and I can live with it until I get the other one. If you’re at all mechanically inclined this won’t be a difficult task, just time consuming mostly due to the cup holder modifications of trim, fit, trim again. lol Still worth the effort in my opinion. Insanemustang9 used the S550 holder, I think the difference is where the LED ring is located
Can you share a few pictures of the s650 cup holder I’m going to compare it to the s550 one

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
The s550 cup holder fits? Any modifications to it? I thought it was to big for the s650
Oh no I just take the 2 leds from the s550 cupholders, I ordered the Lincon one off this thread every thing showed up I just gotta find time to do it

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Took a minute but definitely takes little finesse to get it fit well

IMG_3304.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg
Looks good. I’m confused with the pig tail harness. No one has really showed where we’re tapping into. I understand the footwell lights but where? Where does the footwell harness lead up to and is the pig tail harness we bought long enough to reach where ever we’re tapping into

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. I’m confused with the pig tail harness. No one has really showed where we’re tapping into. I understand the footwell lights but where? Where does the footwell harness lead up to and is the pig tail harness we bought long enough to reach where ever we’re tapping into
Look under your dash next to the center console, you will see the footwell light. I unplugged it and removed it to tie my wires in. No the pigtail on the harness is not long enough you will have to add about two feet of wire
Sponsored