• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I thought that anyone would pick up the rumors about the S650 might come in in several variations like a four door (A7 / Panamera grand coupe design). But so far no one did…The Youtuber Matt Maran (I occasionally watch his videos and he doesn’t strike me like the kind of guy who would make that up but what do I know) claims that he got intel from a guy who has two “insiders” working for ford:

• Ford will release a grand coupe four door Mustang in 2022
  • Base-Powertrain will be the 2.3 ecoboost combined with the F150’s hybrid tech
  • Coyote V8 will be offered with a manual
  • The Powerboost V6 will be the top-end option in the four door sedan and it could pump out 500hp+
here's the link:
(I hope that is allowed otherwise please delete the link)

Now, if these rumors would turn out to be true, that would mean that the manual would be gone for the ecoboost and it would also indicate that the EU and Germany might not get another V8. Ford stated that from 2023 onwards all European cars will be at least hybrids. So we would get the ecoboost but only a minority of buyers would be interested in that…

To me the rumors fit in with what we “know” about the S650 already. I would expect the S650 to have a “mild” refreshed look, an upgraded interior (hopefully interior-quality will rise) and roughly all the engines that are offered right now. I would also expect a GT350-like car in 2023 with the voodoo engine. Maybe a “boss” version in some form. Why would I think so? It seems to me that Ford is not pushing the boundaries with the next generation. Many rumors indicate a “we can do it if it doesn’t cost us any money” policy… They do have the coyote engine, offering a manual option does not hurt and serves the fan-base; Ecoboost + F150 hybrid tech is also a no-brainer and would easily fit in the engine bay. AWD will most certainly be optional and hopefully a V8 hybrid for the European market (otherwise we would only get the ecoboost or the V6 in a best case scenario…)

Anyhow, these rumors do pick up the “Mustang as a brand” rumor that came up in 2018 and I’m really looking forward to some S650 facts ;)
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Mustang won't do anything powertrain wise that isn't already bankrolled by F150 and Ranger. The 5.0 will IMO likely stay non-EU only and no electrification.

They already have a 4-door grand coupe, they smashed it into a wall in forward and reverse and called it the Mach-E. :) In more seriousness I think they'll just take a couple inches out of the Explorer chassis ride height and plop a longer version of the Mach-E shape on it.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey, I'm new to this forum and I thought that anyone would pick up the rumors about the S650 might come in in several variations like a four door (A7 / Panamera grand coupe design). But so far no one did…The Youtuber Matt Maran (I occasionally watch his videos and he doesn’t strike me like the kind of guy who would make that up but what do I know) claims that he got intel from a guy who has two “insiders” working for ford:

• Ford will release a grand coupe four door Mustang in 2022

• Base-Powertrain will be the 2.3 ecoboost combined with the F150’s hybrid tech

• Coyote V8 will be offered with a manual

• The Powerboost V6 will be the top-end option in the four door sedan and it could pump out 500hp+
here's the link:
(I hope that is allowed otherwise please delete the link)

Now, if these rumors would turn out to be true, that would mean that the manual would be gone for the ecoboost and it would also indicate that the EU and Germany might not get another V8. Ford stated that from 2023 onwards all European cars will be at least hybrids. So we would get the ecoboost but only a minority of buyers would be interested in that…

To me the rumors fit in with what we “know” about the S650 already. I would expect the S650 to have a “mild” refreshed look, an upgraded interior (hopefully interior-quality will rise) and roughly all the engines that are offered right now. I would also expect a GT350-like car in 2023 with the voodoo engine. Maybe a “boss” version in some form. Why would I think so? It seems to me that Ford is not pushing the boundaries with the next generation. Many rumors indicate a “we can do it if it doesn’t cost us any money” policy… They do have the coyote engine, offering a manual option does not hurt and serves the fan-base; Ecoboost + F150 hybrid tech is also a no-brainer and would easily fit in the engine bay. AWD will most certainly be optional and hopefully a V8 hybrid for the European market (otherwise we would only get the ecoboost or the V6 in a best case scenario…)

Anyhow, these rumors do pick up the “Mustang as a brand” rumor that came up in 2018 and I’m really looking forward to some S650 facts ;)
Darn, was literally gonna come here and post that same video.
To be honest though, I've been having hard time finding any other sources aside from what he has in his video. So I'm guessing it's either super fresh, or he has very secret sources, or it's not confirmable yet.

MikeyTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Porto Red Genesis G80
Sorry, but I'm not giving up my Mach 1. I have a '21 Genesis G80 3.5 TT for long distance touring thank you.
M

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt , F150 Lariat, Excursion 7.3 4x , 12V Ram Dually , Ford Probe Rwd conversion B-Blk, '88 Turbo Coupe, '65 Futura, '53 GMC 509" BBC, '69 Camaro shell, misc bikes/beater cars.
They need to bring back the Fox Body
Id like to disagree w/u.
Yet its popularity among enthusiasts of past veh production is un-denyable.

I had a '79 Cobra turbo Fox car decades ago. No need to revisit that for myself -personally.

No denying a small finge group see it as the muscle car they grew up with it seems.

Like my generation felt the '69-'70 Mustangs or even older, we had a desire to have seen FoMoCo built in a retro form..
( like the '02-'05 T-bird failure)
We wanted out '69/'70 retro cars bk in the '90s..
Much more so than we do today.

The s550 quenches that thirst now pretty well..... For myself anyhow.

U may see dynacorn Fox bodies someday thou. Wouldn't bet against it.
& Wouldn't wanna buy it. ( personally)
But others would I suspect. Like yourself perhaps. Keep lobbying. Ford listens well.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Not really interested unless it's a 2 door fastback coupe.
see that's the issue - guys say that and then when they do make one that beats the Germans the same guys turn around and say "well I need 4 doors" ...

Then they say "well what about electric... and the wife wants a crossover" :cwl::crackup:🤔

Ford couldn't give a cr*p frankly about the 'buyers' on this board , because there were never really many to begin with lol

this is for the guys who the put $$ where the mouth is and don't want a charger but don't want to pay the depreciation on a German import. If Ford makes this one look good and markets it 'just right' they will be lining up ready to turn in their BMW /Audi leases in DROVES.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I fully respect Matt and his YouTube channel, and I know a "family" of Mustangs has been discussed before but the one issue I have with this is:

What platform or architecture would this use?

S650 is expected to be a heavily modified version of the S550's D2C architecture. Could they really stretch this to make a 4-door?

D2C was itself a heavily modified version of DEW98, which was used by the Lincoln LS, Ford Thunderbird and Jaguar S-Type. I really can't see Ford dusting off DEW98, which debuted around 1999!!

The most obvious answer would be CD6, but we've been told all other vehicle development was killed off, once the Lincoln Aviator/Ford Explorer twins went on sale.

On a slight tangent, Ford recently re-Trademarked "Thunderbird"
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-trademarks-thunderbird.153657/

They were then spotted testing a Taycan. Could a Thunderbird be a Taycan rival? If so, you'd expect this to utilize an EV specific platform. Of course, this could end up being nothing more than Ford Trademarking the name to ensure no-one else can use it.

But, ask yourself this. In the current climate, what's more believable? Ford build a 4-door coupe/saloon pure EV, or Ford build a Mustang 4-door with ICE engines?

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Welcome to the site, IceGamer! I've heard about this rumored 4-door Mustang for a while, and I've gotta say, I would really like to hear more about this car. There was also a rumor a while back saying that it would be all-electric instead of gas-powered, but I hope for the latter instead.

-SG

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
They were then spotted testing a Taycan. Could a Thunderbird be a Taycan rival? If so, you'd expect this to utilize an EV specific platform. Of course, this could end up being nothing more than Ford Trademarking the name to ensure no-one else can use it.
If that comes to fruition, that would be a simply outstanding idea. A Thunderbird rivaling a Taycan is mouth watering.

Ford has a lot of avenues available to them with the Mustang brand now that the Mach-E has hit the streets. I don't see the 2 door pony going anywhere and it's specialty lines along with it, but a 4 door opens up a crazy amount of options regarding the EV side.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun210 wagon, 92 240SX, 08 Evo, 20 Mustang GT
I've been seeing this rumor about a "4-door Mustang" for a while. Yes, I'd like a rear-wheel-drive sedan with a stick and a lot of torque. There are plenty of names to use besides Mustang.

I'd be interested if they call it a Falcon (or maybe a Cougar) and keep the size and weight from getting out of hand.