• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
It's sad that they left the redline at 7400 on the Mach 1. The good news is a tune can move it up to 8000 and without changing any parameters I wonder what the true HP value would be since it utilizes the 350 manifold. If they rev out the Dark Horse higher I bet they'll get that 500 hp number they want.
There's another thread on here about the gen3/4 Coyote redline. It's actually 7500. Unclear why the car incorrectly displays it as 7400.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
There's another thread on here about the gen3/4 Coyote redline. It's actually 7500. Unclear why the car incorrectly displays it as 7400.
It's actually 7400 RPM. At least on my car

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Wrong or not, that's still 500 rpm too low!

300C Hemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Mustang GT, Ford Edge Sport
Wasn't it previously reported that the 24 EcoBoost motor is "all-new" yet this article is saying that its "carryover" 🤔
In Detroit. I saw an all new EcoBoost using a electronic Turbo charger. I also saw the new Gen 4 Coyote with twin throttle bodies. New exhaust manifolds, a hotter can with ram Air exiting the front grill. How can the Gen 4 Coyote produce the same horsepower as the Gen 3 with these performance upgrades. I think everyone has forgotten, especially Ford Authority there's a 2023 S550 GT Mustang using the same engine as the 2022. In Detroit Ford promoted a 480 and possibly higher horsepower rating. Unless Ford had major issues with café regulations regarding carbon emissions. I'm Expecting a minimum of 480 horsepower in the S650 GT

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would be surprised to hear Ford already has the horsepower limit determined for the 2024 GT. They usually work right up to production time to determine the horsepower for the new model year.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
In Detroit. I saw an all new EcoBoost using a electronic Turbo charger. I also saw the new Gen 4 Coyote with twin throttle bodies. New exhaust manifolds, a hotter can with ram Air exiting the front grill. How can the Gen 4 Coyote produce the same horsepower as the Gen 3 with these performance upgrades. I think everyone has forgotten, especially Ford Authority there's a 2023 S550 GT Mustang using the same engine as the 2022. In Detroit Ford promoted a 480 and possibly higher horsepower rating. Unless Ford had major issues with café regulations regarding carbon emissions. I'm Expecting a minimum of 480 horsepower in the S650 GT
amd being that the Bullit and Mach 1 have already had 480 for a while now, it’s not that impressive, nor unexpected. 480 is the bare minimum Ford can do with the ‘24 GT. IF THEY DONT EXCEED THAT, especially with the new gen coyote upgrades, THEY DID NOT TRY.

Ford is notorious for doing the minimum. Their playbook is old and always runs the same play. Launch a “new” Mustang with either no or little performamce improvement and let the “new car!” Hype soak up the sales. 2-3 years later we get the performance thst should have gone into the launch car. Rinse, lather, repeat. This way, Ford gets to do less work on refreshes by just removing a restrict or, changing a part, or reflashing the tune.

480 is a good number. It’s just that we’ve had it in the bullit already for a while. 490 would at least be an upgrade while also allowing Ford to not “be second,” but 500 would truly befit the “enthusiast” nature of the car and is what the mustang GT and its fans deserve.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ed should be better better versed on whether or not the twin throttle body manifold will fit other Coyote variants. He stumbled a bit when asked and his response didn't inspire much confidence from a technical level. He had a lot on his plate that night but that wasn't an overly complex question.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ed should be better better versed on whether or not the twin throttle body manifold will fit other Coyote variants. He stumbled a bit when asked and his response didn't inspire much confidence from a technical level. He had a lot on his plate that night but that wasn't an overly complex question.
I thought perhaps it was a question he wasn't really allowed to answer, so kept his answer a little vague.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Entirely plausible.
Sponsored