• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Agreed.

: stuck record mode on :

Now all we need are the spyshots of the camo'd prototypes to try and get a feel for the proportions, if not the details :)

: stuck record mode off:

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) S650 Render 7

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) S650 Render 8
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
I would agree that the general front end design direction of Ace's renders is the correct one. My biggest question would be will the grille connect directly to the headlights, like in render v1 and the Equator, or will they be separated by body color, like in render v2 and the Fiesta and Focus facelifts? Personally I like v1 better, as I also quite like the Equator front end.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The new focus also comes with the new Evos design language.
1634643576581.png

I am becoming more and more confident that the S650 Mustang will look somewhat like what I did for my renderings.
I think you nailed the front. Still not sure about your proportions - or overall appearance. For some reasons I still think it's odd although it checks a lot of boxes ;)

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
The front end will be a little lower than the fiesta and the headlights will be significantly more aggressive similar to the R8’s headlight design with the iconic Tribar LED’s going across instead of the one bar the R8 is sporting. The S650’s hood will expand to the grill like the sculpture.
S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) CCD33476-9BB4-4E7C-8434-518C7F05E13C
S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) FE960668-5D2C-48F4-A7B5-0614AFFB450D

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
An interesting test vehicle was spotted in the US. It looks like a Fusion/Mondeo type sedan with the new Evos style front end and quite remarkable tail lights as well.

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) juvy8s4b5ran

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) h25ybs9b5b9

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) 1knyenjb0tk

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) 33xyce7bhnkq

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) fsgye7abpzha

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I feel like a few months prior to the Mach E's release when we were hoping it wasn't going to be badged as a Mustang...........but those are definitely Mach E inspired tail lights.

I think we were all hoping a 4-door Mustang would be based on S550/S650, with RWD and a V8 This will be, at best, an AWD setup, but more likely FWD with a transverse engine.

:(

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
One thing I will say is that the headlamp design is very cool, so if S650 gets something similar (perhaps without the cutout at the edge) I'd be happy.

But, like Evos, this has the ugly......and I mean UGLY "fog" light under it in the bumper. Surely they could have designed something cooler?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Tbh I have no idea what this car is supposed to be. The Dutch car mag that has posted these pictures suspects it might be a facelift for the Chinese market version of the Mondeo, as that is the only market where they have not announced it to be end of life. The Mustang-esque tail lights are the remarkable element here, although it is hardly likely that this is the rumored future 4-door Mustang sedan.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
No comment on the tri-bar, but there are some trends going with the very minimal actual brake lighting on the corner brake lights, and i really dislike it. More of that light needs to be lit up when pressing the brakes. It doesn't have to be blinding, but that is tiny, and I have seen others like that as well.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No comment on the tri-bar, but there are some trends going with the very minimal actual brake lighting on the corner brake lights, and i really dislike it. More of that light needs to be lit up when pressing the brakes. It doesn't have to be blinding, but that is tiny, and I have seen others like that as well.
I totally agree. I would have thought there would be a minimum size for brake lights........obviously not.

I can't recall what I was following the other day (just some generic small SUV here in the UK) but when it braked, it had very small brake lights, just like this.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
An interesting test vehicle was spotted in the US. It looks like a Fusion/Mondeo type sedan with the new Evos style front end and quite remarkable tail lights as well.

juvy8s4b5ran.jpg

h25ybs9b5b9g.jpg

1knyenjb0tkp.jpg

33xyce7bhnkq.jpg

fsgye7abpzha.jpg
At least these lights look better in real life. The camo pictures from a week or two ago gave me a horrible impression... and maybe it's not a breaking but rather a daily driving light and since it's a prototype they disabled the tri-bars?😬 Very unlikely because it's most likely an automatic but hoping for the best might help😅

I'm almost 100% sure that the S650 rearlights will look very much like this and it might indeed work very well.

Looks like the S650 is taking shape 👍

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It's hard to see on under the camo, but you clearly see all the bodylines of the Evos on this Mondeo/Fusion here including the high "shoulder" on the rear sides.

The more we see of this car, the more obvious it becomes that will should pretty look exactly like a 4-door Mustang, just like the 2015 Mondeo/Fusion shared a lot of design elements.
But interestingly the exhaust pipes where the PEMS system is connected to are not in the bumper but under it, which usally carmakers only do for small engines and non-sporty cars. So I have my doubts that this is what the 4-door Mustang rumors are all about. They would add much more camo if that actually would be a real Mustang model.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
My big concern with this vehicle is the performance.

Look at the tires. Not something you would normally see on a performance car. Now, they could be 235/50-18s, like a GT would have, but they certainly are not bigger than that.

The twin exhaust would make it seem like it could be somewhat performance oriented, but it could just be a "for looks" system.

Any notes on what it sounded like? V8? V6? Turbo? I4?

It looks like they have jammed a standard bench in the back seat instead of going with other "grand coupe" concepts which have two rear passenger seats. That means a 5 seater instead of 4.

Anyone able to say if this is a RWD, FWD, or AWD vehicle? I have not seen anything to indicate anything in specific.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
My big concern with this vehicle is the performance.

Look at the tires. Not something you would normally see on a performance car. Now, they could be 235/50-18s, like a GT would have, but they certainly are not bigger than that.

The twin exhaust would make it seem like it could be somewhat performance oriented, but it could just be a "for looks" system.

Any notes on what it sounded like? V8? V6? Turbo? I4?

It looks like they have jammed a standard bench in the back seat instead of going with other "grand coupe" concepts which have two rear passenger seats. That means a 5 seater instead of 4.

Anyone able to say if this is a RWD, FWD, or AWD vehicle? I have not seen anything to indicate anything in specific.
If you are referring to the Mondeo/Fusion replacement that was posted by Ericc B on Friday then don’t worry. It’ll have 3-4 cylinder at best, paired with some sort of electrification, which is maybe optional.
Maybe there will be performance versions but these would most likely be called ST or RS rather than Mustangs ;)
Besides, they would be all electrified or have a four-banger, likely around 300+ (ST) or 400-450hp (RS) and AWD.
If there are performance derivatives of such a car then a 4-door Mustang would be somewhat redundant or unlikely.

Although the car was tested in the US I’m still not certain that it will be sold in the US at all. The sedan market is almost non-existence at this point. It’s most likely a car for the European/Asian market.

Something to speculate on: What if they use the Mondeo/Fusion to test S650 tech?
Sponsored