• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos)

Subman

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 'Vert, DIB
Ugh. Looks like an Kia SUV front end tacked onto an S550. This will kill the car. I'm definitely keeping my 2016. The headlights do not match the grill, and it looks like they stuck a tube above the rear tires. Besides, what is with this giant grill - giant grills belong on pickup trucks, not sports cars.

amk91

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Just as a point for discussion, I think it is pretty interesting that Ford named the car Evos. The 2013 Evos Concept was a pretty clear preview of the S550 design. Every bodyline of the concept can be found on the final Mustang with just a few adjustments to make everything fit the proportions of the ponycar.

So if Ford decided to copy the Evos design for the Mustang again, I think the rendering could be as close as the 13 Evos was to the 15 Mustang.

2013 Evos:
1619168622194.png

2015 Mustang:
1619168693372.png
Interesting rendering Ace and quite high quality, but the Evos debuted in August 2011 for Frankfurt 2011 and was initiated in late 2010, right after J Mays chose Kemal Curic as S550 lead exterior designer in December 2010 and when the 2013 Fusion reached final design freeze in December 2010.

It definitely wasn’t 2013, because by that point the Fusion was already revealed (in production too) and so was the Mondeo. S550 design proposals were already going in that direction back in 2010-11, so Evos borrowed from that, as well as served as a preview of the next Mondeo/Fusion, which the USDM version debuted at NAIAS 4 months later in January 2012.

spaz mk will

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Reminds me of the Polestar One, quite an interesting and handsome vehicle.

1620092902001.jpeg

Stonehauler

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
honestly, that looks like a Buick...maybe a Buick Riveria if they brought that back. IMO, it does not look like a Mustang. That said, the Probe didn't looks like a Mutang either, and they thought that would be ok...

Nexus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Good starting point from the concept, but not aggressive and way tame by comparison to what we will see, I'm sure of it.

Based on what we can see in the design language moving forward you can see based on the concept, the 'Progressive Energy in Strength' Sculpture, and the spy shots of other vehicles you can see how proportions and angles make all the difference to the same overall set of design cues.

This isn't anything new. Kinetic design carried through multiple vehicles and led to the 'it looks like a fusion' on the Mustang.
I don't see this design language any different and you'll see different executions of the same overall design theme.

Looking at the design sculpture its probably closer to that and you can see it has a more aggressive set of angles and isn't as smooth.
-The hood slopes/drops down and isn't as flat.
-The lights are broader towards the fender and move in with a flatter hockey stick line towards the grille
-The grille appears to come out a bit farther (from other angles) and has more depth towards the fenders

I think all of those combined make the front end more menacing.
Like a clenched/angry face ready to rip you apart.

Just like the 18 refresh (like it or hate it) the proportions do not come across on the screen and the angles pop out in the flesh.