• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos)

Subman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 'Vert, DIB
Ugh. Looks like an Kia SUV front end tacked onto an S550. This will kill the car. I'm definitely keeping my 2016. The headlights do not match the grill, and it looks like they stuck a tube above the rear tires. Besides, what is with this giant grill - giant grills belong on pickup trucks, not sports cars.
Sponsored

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Just as a point for discussion, I think it is pretty interesting that Ford named the car Evos. The 2013 Evos Concept was a pretty clear preview of the S550 design. Every bodyline of the concept can be found on the final Mustang with just a few adjustments to make everything fit the proportions of the ponycar.

So if Ford decided to copy the Evos design for the Mustang again, I think the rendering could be as close as the 13 Evos was to the 15 Mustang.

2013 Evos:
1619168622194.png

2015 Mustang:
1619168693372.png
Interesting rendering Ace and quite high quality, but the Evos debuted in August 2011 for Frankfurt 2011 and was initiated in late 2010, right after J Mays chose Kemal Curic as S550 lead exterior designer in December 2010 and when the 2013 Fusion reached final design freeze in December 2010.

It definitely wasn’t 2013, because by that point the Fusion was already revealed (in production too) and so was the Mondeo. S550 design proposals were already going in that direction back in 2010-11, so Evos borrowed from that, as well as served as a preview of the next Mondeo/Fusion, which the USDM version debuted at NAIAS 4 months later in January 2012.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Reminds me of the Polestar One, quite an interesting and handsome vehicle.

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) 1620092902001

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
honestly, that looks like a Buick...maybe a Buick Riveria if they brought that back. IMO, it does not look like a Mustang. That said, the Probe didn't looks like a Mutang either, and they thought that would be ok...

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Good starting point from the concept, but not aggressive and way tame by comparison to what we will see, I'm sure of it.

Based on what we can see in the design language moving forward you can see based on the concept, the 'Progressive Energy in Strength' Sculpture, and the spy shots of other vehicles you can see how proportions and angles make all the difference to the same overall set of design cues.

This isn't anything new. Kinetic design carried through multiple vehicles and led to the 'it looks like a fusion' on the Mustang.
I don't see this design language any different and you'll see different executions of the same overall design theme.

Looking at the design sculpture its probably closer to that and you can see it has a more aggressive set of angles and isn't as smooth.
-The hood slopes/drops down and isn't as flat.
-The lights are broader towards the fender and move in with a flatter hockey stick line towards the grille
-The grille appears to come out a bit farther (from other angles) and has more depth towards the fenders

I think all of those combined make the front end more menacing.
Like a clenched/angry face ready to rip you apart.

Just like the 18 refresh (like it or hate it) the proportions do not come across on the screen and the angles pop out in the flesh.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Honestly the most exciting thing for me about this look is the hood going all the way to the nose, getting rid of this annoying hood/bumper line that's always driven me nuts.

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) s-l400

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
As always, thank you for sharing your excellent work! Hope it doesn't come that way, though. It looks modern, sure. But it also looks like the result of a Camaro and a S550 having a one night stand.
If this is what it looks like, I much prefer the s550 and will probably keep it

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
Finally worked out what came to my mind.
Cross between a Camaro and a kia stinger

Plus it s lost the majority of its mustangness.
And I'm going to assume the rear is going to look worse too

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not looking very aggressive like the S550 was.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange
With the reveal of the Ford Evos I got the feeling that the new Mustang will use a pretty similiar design language. A few hours in photoshop later I can present you my new Renderings for the upcoming Mustang.

I actually really like the outcome how single frame grille and the Evos-bodylines look on a 2-door fastback.

Now we only need a few prototypes on the streets to get a real glimpse what is doing with the S650

Mustang7_White_ModernMuscleCars.jpg
Mustang7_Red_ModernMuscleCars.jpg

Mustang7_Blue_ModernMuscleCars.jpg
Reminds me of a Charger too.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
Interesting look, great rendering job ACE! I do wish that the new design would move from what I would now call the outdated boring look that cars are getting. When I look at the Caddy and the BMW 850 I see little of the current Mustang and the Polestar 1. Car designer are trying to be retro or exotic car like futuristic and perhaps are now more copy cats and breathing their own exhaust.
For design to be amazing and timeless it can't look like any other car but must be unique and that is very hard to do, and yes Ford did it in 1964.5 with the Mustang. Can they do it again in 2022....maybe with EV platform that allows more design freedom??

S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) CAddy_BMW850

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
As a quick update, the new Fiesta will also share Fords new frontend like the Evos. I am pretty sure that the Mustang will share the grille design, so I am really exited to see close how my rendering will end up
S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) Ford-Fiesta_ST-2022-1600-01

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Always been a fan of the Fiesta, and I do like the new direction Ford is going in with their designs. The Puma is a good looking car also.

When I first saw this, I was like "ooh, I think I prefer the older front end". BUT I know for a fact this is a look that will grow on me - modern and aggressive. I'm keen to see how it gets Mustang-ised.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The new focus also comes with the new Evos design language.
S650 Mustang Rendering: 2023 Mustang (based on Ford Evos) 1634643576581

I am becoming more and more confident that the S650 Mustang will look somewhat like what I did for my renderings.
Sponsored