• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Remote Line Lock in the making

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
My friend is a great technician and knows a lot about coding software and changing hardware to make special costum things. He is now working on a way to create a feature that will make the Line Lock function work with the remote.

He already worked on this on the S550 but the test vehicle got sold before he could do the programming.

I'm going to ship my Dark Horse in a month to Haifa, and he will program and install the parts to make this feature work.

I don't know if my Dark Horse will be the first one with tgis aftermarket option but this is going to be a cool project.

Will start sharing pictures as soon as my car arrives at home.
Sponsored

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
Why though?

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
I'll play...

First....You shipping the car to Haifa, Israel or the company in Florida, lol? If Israel, wouldn't it be easier for him to get a passport and fly here for a short bit for testing....I'm assuming that if he is working on it already, he would already know what is possible within the code before even entertaining the venture.

Second...Why? For burnouts while you stand beside the car....? Sounds like a fast way to get arrested and/ or sued.....God willing you don't hurt anyone.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
gonna be brutally honest: this sounds like a stupid waste of time. hopefully this is just some one-off proof of concept, because releasing something like that to the public is ripe for legal issues. if doing a remote line lock and the brakes release causing property damage, personal injury, or death, more likely than not they're going to be held responsible. plus, doing a line lock requires the vehicle to be in drive, which sounds like the perfect chance for the car to drive off on it's own and cause damage

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Sounds like it could be an interesting concept although I’m not sure from the safety aspect but then again not ‘really’ much worse (other than the ‘rev’ portion which theoretically leads to traction loss - uh without a driver present?) than autonomous automobiles.

cracked the code?

Hopfully you get the car back - and in one piece.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I'll play...

First....You shipping the car to Haifa, Israel or the company in Florida, lol? If Israel, wouldn't it be easier for him to get a passport and fly here for a short bit for testing....I'm assuming that if he is working on it already, he would already know what is possible within the code before even entertaining the venture.

Second...Why? For burnouts while you stand beside the car....? Sounds like a fast way to get arrested and/ or sued.....God willing you don't hurt anyone.
Yes, to Haifa, IS.

Yes, in the US you will get arrested. In Israel we can do a lot of things that are not possible in the US. Thanks for that and we pray we can even do more in the future as soon as we will have a souvereign state without terrorists.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
gonna be brutally honest: this sounds like a stupid waste of time. hopefully this is just some one-off proof of concept, because releasing something like that to the public is ripe for legal issues. if doing a remote line lock and the brakes release causing property damage, personal injury, or death, more likely than not they're going to be held responsible. plus, doing a line lock requires the vehicle to be in drive, which sounds like the perfect chance for the car to drive off on it's own and cause damage
My friend is not relwasing it to the public. At least not for now. He is a good friend of mine. In Israel it is possible to do things like this. It's not like in the US with strict rules, thanks for that. And the testing is not on the public roads.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
My friend is not relwasing it to the public. At least not for now. He is a good friend of mine. In Israel it is possible to do things like this. It's not like in the US with strict rules, thanks for that. And the testing is not on the public roads.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not that technical. I will update every step on video.
That will be the first hurdle you have to overcome, the line lock is part of the ABS module but all it does is hold the solenoid closed, with no brake pressure it won't do anything at all. Someone has to depress the brake pedal in order to create the pressure needed to hold the car in place.

Seems like ya'll haven't gotten near as far as you think you have. But what do I know I'm just a software developer.

OP
OP

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
That will be the first hurdle you have to overcome, the line lock is part of the ABS module but all it does is hold the solenoid closed, with no brake pressure it won't do anything at all. Someone has to depress the brake pedal in order to create the pressure needed to hold the car in place.

Seems like ya'll haven't gotten near as far as you think you have. But what do I know I'm just a software developer.
I can't discuss with you the technical part at all. My friend is the one who is going to manage the line lock function to work on remote. How can you say that I haven't gotten near as far if you don't even know what the mechanic already knows?

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 1 of any software design it to outline your basic needs and identify the road blocks and that's a pretty glaring one.
Sponsored