• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rattle/buzzing behind screen

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Check out the TSB section of this forum - this is a known problem
Yes and no...

There IS a tsb about some rattle up there, but it has to do with something buzzing agains the windshield and it's way more involved.
This is the trim piece right behind the screens.
Sponsored

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi all,

I'm hearing an intermittent rattle/buzzing coming from the plastic backing of the screen.

It's not rpm related and happens at a few different speeds so i'm guessing it depends on type of road and likely temperature too.

If I put a finger behind the main cluster screen while it's buzzing, it stops.

Kinda annoying. I guess i can wedge a little piece of something behind there that will stop it and won't be seen.

Wondering if others have observed that.

I have the premium so it's one long backing in case this makes a difference.
I had this issue a handful of times and few good pushes on the dash/display seemed to make it stop, haven’t heard it in a while though.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Glad to see I'm not alone. I have the slight rattle/buzz coming from around the driver screen as well and it comes and goes.

As far as the front windshield being removed... Mine was removed because they had to replace the interior headliner in the vehicle. Sadly, they messed up re-installing it because my VIN number is now covered up by some type of pad/insulation that was not seated right when the windshield was mounted back in. It's been documented and just waiting to have the vehicle scheduled to have it taken care of along with some other minor issues with the vehicle. Aside from that, 4500+ miles and still enjoying the car nonetheless.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Personally, reading the TSB it appears that the windshield needs to be removed? No way I would do that.
I've lost count of the number of windshields I've had replaced in vehicles. Two dozen or more, easily. Never any issues.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
540 miles I have a slight rattle top left of the screen (premium). Mostly happens over sharp bumps in the road. I can get it to stop by holding light pressure on the back cover. Haven’t had time to play with it, maybe it will snap into place….
Hi there. This screen rattle concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
Hi all,

I'm hearing an intermittent rattle/buzzing coming from the plastic backing of the screen.

It's not rpm related and happens at a few different speeds so i'm guessing it depends on type of road and likely temperature too.

Kinda annoying. I guess i can wedge a little piece of something behind there that will stop it and won't be seen.

This seems to be a carryover problem from the S550, at least from my experience. Some of the S650 GTs I've test driven have it, others don't from what I could tell. If I ever pull the trigger on a GT I'll have to make sure my dealership takes a look at it before I make the purchase. I'll also make sure to take the advice that's been given here as well.

FrankAR15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS Fsport, Toyota 4Runner, Genesis coupe
Hi there. This screen rattle concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Mustang. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Message sent

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This seems to be a carryover problem from the S550, at least from my experience. Some of the S650 GTs I've test driven have it, others don't from what I could tell. If I ever pull the trigger on a GT I'll have to make sure my dealership takes a look at it before I make the purchase. I'll also make sure to take the advice that's been given here as well.
It's by no means a show-stopper. Also, mine showed up 1 month after delivery on specific roads in specific temperatures so don't worry about it.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
It's by no means a show-stopper. Also, mine showed up 1 month after delivery on specific roads in specific temperatures so don't worry about it.
Oh for sure. I still haven't had it fixed yet on my EcoBoost, and I've had it for almost five years. I would just prefer not to have it on a future GT is all. If it can be fixed before I buy one, that would be great is all I'm saying.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Hi all,

Mine too! Upper left corner of the display (next to the drivers window). Give it a very light pull and it stops.

setter4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible
I've noticed it too and the car had 300 miles on it. When the temperature is cool it is OK. As soon as the sun hits it and the plastic expands the rattling sound is ON

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I've noticed it too and the car had 300 miles on it. When the temperature is cool it is OK. As soon as the sun hits it and the plastic expands the rattling sound is ON
Hey there! I can take a closer look into your rattle/buzz concerns should you need further assistance. At your convenience, can you send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".