• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear Passenger Rattle

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Don't do it @jexsk. I learned the hard way. They don't do a thing but collect your personal information and then tell you to contact your dealer's service manager. They make it sound like they can do something to assist. Literally nothing. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had a similar issue the other day driving home from work. I absolutely hate rattles and unwanted noise. My car, a base vapor blue DH, was perfect for the first 500 miles. So good that I mentioned it to my wife. Later that day after work I thought I willed it into existence as the car suddenly had a very hard to pin down driver side rattle. After another 300 miles I was ready to tear the car apart. My wife actually looked on this forum and found something about the rocker pannel clips. I checked mine and that was not it but I noticed they were hollow so I started tapping on them. Sure enough I hit the right spot and heard the rattle. There was a fairly large rock inside that had got trapped. I was able to get it out and the rattle is gone. There is a large gap in the wheel well where it meets the rocker pannel. This may not be the exact location of your rattle but do to all of the trays under the car it may not hurt to start knocking on them and see if you find any foreign debris that has become traped. I would have sworn mine was in the driver a or b pillar or was trim related. Good luck in your hunt!

20231112_221734.jpg

20231112_221901.jpg
OMG, it's these aerodynamic "road debris air scoops" again! See another fun thread on this matter.