• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rattle/buzzing behind screen

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi all,

I'm hearing an intermittent rattle/buzzing coming from the plastic backing of the screen.

It's not rpm related and happens at a few different speeds so i'm guessing it depends on type of road and likely temperature too.

If I put a finger behind the main cluster screen while it's buzzing, it stops.

Kinda annoying. I guess i can wedge a little piece of something behind there that will stop it and won't be seen.

Wondering if others have observed that.

I have the premium so it's one long backing in case this makes a difference.
Sponsored

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I think I know what you are talking about. I had it happen last night out of nowhere but I couldn’t pin it at all. I held the shroud to the sunglass holder and lights and it’d stop. I’ll report back with any findings.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I was thinking that sound comes from that little speaker behind the screens. It seemed that's where the "engine/exhaust" sound is being piped into the car. I'd really like to shut that noise down too. One web post suggested there's a microphone in the headliner at the rear, but I haven't even tried looking yet. Would be interested if anyone else can confirm what it is...

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
It’s definitely not a fake sound it’s like a loose interior panel type of noise but maybe idk

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't wait to hear what you find. I think it's the same noise I hear at different times. Buzzing or vibration.

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It doesn't feel loose when i play with it.

Problem is it doesnt always show up and always while the car is rolling so hard to play with.
I've heard it at 20-30mph and highway speeds.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't feel loose when i play with it.

Problem is it doesnt always show up and always while the car is rolling so hard to play with.
I've heard it at 20-30mph and highway speeds.

Found anything?

For the first time today, I heard the vibration I think you've described. It stopped as soon as I touched the panel. Very physical vibration...

I still hear another vibration sound from time to time that I suspect comes from a speaker up front. But can't say for sure.

OP
OP

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I drove another 400km today and it didnt do it.

Rubys650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650
Hi All,

I have just over 1k miles on my s650 and noticed the same rattle mentioned above. It started around 700miles and got progressively worse. Narrowed it down to the trim piece directly behind the screen. Putting a small piece of fabric between the screen and plastic (nearest the passenger side) fixed the issue, but looked ridiculous. This morning I pushed the panel down as hard as I could and have not heard a single rattle since. No pop or click when I pushed it down. Driven about 50-60 miles since doing so.

not sure if this is a fix, but it has fixed the annoyance till it’s time for the first service. Will report back if rattle returns.
Sponsored