• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality Issues?

Quality Issues?

• Total voters

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
Ok, I may have a stupid question to ask. I will be adjusting my hood today. I hope to reduce some fluttering too. But on the CJ Pony parts video he seems to mention that the hood was too low causing fluttering. Wouldn't fluttering be caused by it being to high and air getting under it? What am I missing here?

Watch at 2:00 for the comment.
Sponsored

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I usually shy from first year, got burnt on the "84 Corvette. I like the 24 too much to risk a chance of a change in 25 I don't like or the phase out of ICE... running out of time on that

No problems so far on mine, exceeded all expectations for me. Biggest concern is the screen, if it's a keeper I will get the Ford Premium warranty

Oh and not sure if the dealer prepped it or got lucky, panel gaps are near perfect on mine,
A lot of glare and reflections on this shot, though was one of the first things I checked,
panel.jpg
I took my grandson when I picked mine up. He was a detailer for quite a few years and really knew what to look for. It passed 99.9%

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Some on here posted about battery issues. I haven't had any battery issues at all, but my car shipped quick and only spent 3 weeks in transit. That said I sprang for a battery charger and if I haven't driven the car in a couple weeks I go ahead and throw it on the charger. IDK if it actually helps, but it makes me feel better having the battery topped up. Whenever I take her out of the stable we ride for an hour or more so getting the battery fully charged while driving is a non-issue. Haven't had any weird electrical gremlins or no start/no crank issues FWIW.

Awt2858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2019 Honda CBR650R
After 2.5 weeks of ownership the biggest issue I have is the paint on the driver door. There is what looks like oil or acid drip all over the actual paint. The clear coat itself is good. There was also a good bit of run under the front edge of the hood. The dealership has me scheduled at a local shop tomorrow to address that and estimates I’ll be without my Mustang for a week.
My window tint guy also highlighted an issue with the glass of the driver window. With tint on you can see scratches and swirls in the glass, which he says are most likely from water dripping over rust and landing on the car in transport.
While it’s not a defect, I was unpleasantly surprised that the leather seats have basically no bolstering for side support compared to the base model seats in my wife’s 2017 eb. Hers and the 2015 eb 201a I sold last spring had a good bit of bolstering that was adequate for track sessions while not being uncomfortable nor an obstacle as a daily.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
6GDwYSr.jpg

I don't notice any gaps on mine but there is a slight paint defect, the guy who it doing the PPF & ceramic noticed it, he said it was shrinkage.

There are the holes in the wheel well that can be an issue, I went and bought some plastic covers for those.

I do get weird sound sometimes when playing music from my phone, I also get it in my 2023 F 150 so I think it's the Sync 4 issue.

I am really enjoying this car and have zero regrets.
Wondering what plastic covers you bought for the holes in the front wheel wells? Do you happen to have any pics of the finished product?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Wondering what plastic covers you bought for the holes in the front wheel wells? Do you happen to have any pics of the finished product?
Here is the entire thread on the issue, there are several YT videos and several different repairs posted. It's cold up here so I haven't taken the wheel off to smooth out the repair yet. They will definitely keep the gravel and salt from building in the area behind the wheel well.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/front-inner-wheel-well-issues.158833/

https://diyvan.com/products/2024-ford-mustang-fender-liner-hole-cover-panels-kit

S650 Mustang Quality Issues? bKX9sqZ

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
The right side is always tight and the left side is hanging down.

Screenshot_20240222_190614_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240219_211607_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_163224_Instagram.jpg
@RaceRedder Kind of hard to make out given the angle of the pic. Any chance of highlighting the area?
I saw a video on how to adjust the hood & fender's..
It only takes a few minutes..
I do agree the Flat Rock Mustang Plant should be able to do this adjustment before they leave the building.

Deleted member 60890

So I’ve had my GT since January, and I read the no starting problems which may be the battery. I think I’m gonna go to Firestone and have the battery checked out and maybe possibly just buy a new diehard!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I did have a minor issue the other day with the center floor console lid. It wouldn't open for anything. No amount of banging or prying would get it to open, for a good 30-45 minutes.

After turning the car off, going back into Walmart then returning to the car 15 minutrs later, it opened up no problem.

It's where I keep my hand sanitizer, so it could have very well been user error as something got stuck in the latch & finally came loose.

Last edited:

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I did have a minor issue the other day with the center floor console lid. It wouldn't open for anything. No amount of banging or prying would get it to open, for a good 30-45 minutes.

After turning the car off, going back into Walmart then returning to the car 15 minutrs later, it opened up no problem.

It's where I keep my hand sanitizer, so it could have very well been user error as something got stuck in the latch & finally came loose.
Are you sure it wasn't locked? Mine self-locks in unless I start the engine.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That could have been the case (I can't remember if the engine was off), although I haven't had this issue before.

I'll find out next time I get in the car.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, I went out to see if the lid would open with the engine off a little while ago, and it did no problem.

So that wasn't the issue.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
See post here: https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/paint-issues.160223/post-3260517

I also had a slight tear in the headliner. Just got the vehicle back a few days ago. They replaced the entire headliner and fixed the paint issue on the rear driver side fender. However, will have to take it back in at a later time. The panel fitment across the vehicle needs to be revisisted. The infotainment center needs some updates to fix Apple CarPlay / Android Auto connection issues, as well as, the main driver's HUD needs to be fixed. My Trip 2 AVG MPG read out resets almost every time I turn the vehicle off for more than 30 minutes or so.
Sponsored