• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Quality is not job One at Flatrock

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Good to hear you have no fitment or paint issues. I have a GT on order that's slated to be built at the end of this month. Crossing my fingers that I too get a good built with no issues. This will be the first new car I have purchased in a long, long time so wondering if you have any sort of check list of things you looked for upon taking delivery? I want to go over it with a fine tooth comb when it comes in buy I want to make a list of what to look at and what to look for. Any help in that regard would be greatly appreciated.
Check all panel gaps and make sure they are even. Make sure the corners of bumpers are even with hood on each side. That is a huge issue. Also check drivers side headlight and make sure there is not a gap between headlight and bumper. That is another big issue that I’ve noticed only on drivers side. Check the paint really good all over the car. Check close up and then also check looking from different angles.
Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See signature
Slightly off topic, but I ordered a 2022 Mustang GT and when it arrived, I turned it down. The center leather panel in the passenger seat was sewn in crooked, the plastic flashing was still sticking out on the seam of the door handle and felt like a knife when you grabbed it, and the rear carpet had a streak of glue stuck to it. Just minor examples of what looked like a Friday afternoon rush-job assembly. It was so disappointing because it blew the excitement of waiting for delivery. I bit the bullet and bought a 2023 BMW M4 manual. The car is a HOOT and the build quality is insanely, flawlessly good. That being said... boy do I miss having a coyote V8 in front of me.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I'm picking up my Dark Horse on Monday, but I enjoyed a conjugal visit with it yesterday.

While I'll go over it in much greater detail then, I did a cursory check and all the gaps look great, the paint looked great, and nothing jumped out at me.

It was built just within the last few weeks (window sticker says 2/22/2024, but the door tag shows 3/2024.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
There is a forum sourced customer review recommended list around here somewhere

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
That is good to hear. Many of the initial issues seem to have subsided now and they seemingly have quality under control. I’m sure some of the other early issues and residual effects stemmed from vehicles sitting for months prior to delivery (mine sat for 3.5 months).

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I only put down a $500 deposit. If the car is as faulty in person as I read hear, I will refuse the car and eat the $500. Kinda sad that I have been waiting for 3 months probably for nothing.
dealer CAN fix some things. Or order replacement parts to re-fit if it's that bad. Your deposit is also refundable even if the car is flawless.

Weather is warm. Ride the 'strom more. :) See, there is upside to this.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I hope the deposit is refundable. I did not sign any documents saying "non refundable.

I really do not trust dealerships. So many examples of poor work ethics. Just today I went with friend to a dealer service department to get his oil changed. After leaving, I wanted to check the oil level and make sure nothing was missed. A softball size oil spill on the radiator shroud. No attemp to wipe it up.
Nobody seems to care about doing a good job.
Again, my $.02 worth.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I hope the deposit is refundable. I did not sign any documents saying "non refundable.

I really do not trust dealerships. So many examples of poor work ethics. Just today I went with friend to a dealer service department to get his oil changed. After leaving, I wanted to check the oil level and make sure nothing was missed. A softball size oil spill on the radiator shroud. No attemp to wipe it up.
Nobody seems to care about doing a good job.
Again, my $.02 worth.
Get ready for the places doing oil changes to leave off 1/2 the fasteners and bolts holding the diaper pan on the 2024's because they know that the majority of customers they do business with have no clue. Taking pride in workmanship is hard to find these days no matter the trade.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I always do my own oil changes. The $40-50 is worth my piece of mind and I know it done right. Plus, I get explore the bottom of the car and engine. Therapy for me.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I always do my own oil changes. The $40-50 is worth my piece of mind and I know it done right. Plus, I get explore the bottom of the car and engine. Therapy for me.
Me too.
I don't like anyone else touching my cars unless absolutely necessary, like under warranty.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I'm going to video my oil changes. I have a 10 year warranty and I don't want any issues. My dealer seems good but with the extra effert doing the oil change things might not be the way I would do things.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
There is a forum sourced customer review recommended list around here somewhere
Wow I'll have to see if I can find that list around here. If you or anyone else locates it please let us know.

Reactions: DCS

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
well if it makes anyone here feel better just know that Ford cant even build the racecars right, parts flying off the cars left right and center at Sebring this weekend.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 GT Vert, 21 Bronco Badlands, 24 Dark Horse
I just picked up an Early Dark Horse that had been sitting on the showroom floor. It was built on 7/10/23 and is Chassis R0199 all the gaps on it look fine.
Sponsored