• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Did Not Start, Threw Every Code At Me

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I've looked over the forums and have seen this has happened to some other folks.

Car is a '24 GT Premium with Performance Pack, manual trans. At the time it had 3/4 tank of gas, and as far as I could tell, the battery was fine.

Today I parked my car to run errands. It sat about two hours. When I came back, the electronics and the dash turned on normally, but when I pushed in the clutch and pressed the Start button the engine would not start. It didn't even try to turn it over. Instead, I got a ton of error codes thrown at me: "Full Accessory Power active," "Service AdvanceTrac," "Blind Spot System fault," "Cross-Traffic System fault," "Lane Keeping System Off," "Pre-Collision Assist not available." I pressed Start again to turn the dash off and then tried starting it up again. Same thing. This happened 6 or 7 times before I finally left the car, walked away, then came back to it. It STILL would not start. So I called Service at my dealership. They said they would either send a tow truck or that I needed to call roadside assistance. I called roadside. They dispatched a tow truck to come get me. (Mind you, the car was on a one-way road downtown facing a parking meter, so that would have been interesting to watch.) I then get out of the car, walk away, come back, and try again. This time it started up just fine. No codes, no nothing. I drove it home fine.

This was scary. The last thing you want a car to do is leave you stranded... especially somewhere very inconvenient and possibly unsafe. I ended up calling Service back at the dealership, and they asked me to bring it in tomorrow. (One week turnaround time. :sadface: )

I know others have had this issue, but some of the threads I read were inconclusive. If you've had this happen, what was the ultimate fix, if anything?

I am including a video clip of what happened.

Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i had that happen to me once a few months ago, the fix was to just disconnect and reconnect the battery, system started right up and havent seen it since.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Sounds like a computer glitch or a short somewhere. If replacing the battery terminal fixed it then maybe they were misplaced or mildly corroded from sitting too long.

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6
I've looked over the forums and have seen this has happened to some other folks.

Car is a '24 GT Premium with Performance Pack, manual trans. At the time it had 3/4 tank of gas, and as far as I could tell, the battery was fine.

Today I parked my car to run errands. It sat about two hours. When I came back, the electronics and the dash turned on normally, but when I pushed in the clutch and pressed the Start button the engine would not start. It didn't even try to turn it over. Instead, I got a ton of error codes thrown at me: "Full Accessory Power active," "Service AdvanceTrac," "Blind Spot System fault," "Cross-Traffic System fault," "Lane Keeping System Off," "Pre-Collision Assist not available." I pressed Start again to turn the dash off and then tried starting it up again. Same thing. This happened 6 or 7 times before I finally left the car, walked away, then came back to it. It STILL would not start. So I called Service at my dealership. They said they would either send a tow truck or that I needed to call roadside assistance. I called roadside. They dispatched a tow truck to come get me. (Mind you, the car was on a one-way road downtown facing a parking meter, so that would have been interesting to watch.) I then get out of the car, walk away, come back, and try again. This time it started up just fine. No codes, no nothing. I drove it home fine.

This was scary. The last thing you want a car to do is leave you stranded... especially somewhere very inconvenient and possibly unsafe. I ended up calling Service back at the dealership, and they asked me to bring it in tomorrow. (One week turnaround time. :sadface: )

I know others have had this issue, but some of the threads I read were inconclusive. If you've had this happen, what was the ultimate fix, if anything?

This is exactly what just happened to me. The dealership reprogrammed the ABS Module to fix it

S650 Mustang GT Did Not Start, Threw Every Code At Me IMG_4211

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is exactly what just happened to me. The dealership reprogrammed the ABS Module to fix it
Thank you! I was reading over your thread earlier. My dealer suggested it might be ABS module related. I considered not taking it in and just chancing it happening again, but it's not worth getting stuck somewhere and then having to have it towed. I'd rather have peace of mind. (And maybe they can look at some of those interior rattles while they're at it.)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
i had that happen to me once a few months ago, the fix was to just disconnect and reconnect the battery, system started right up and havent seen it since.
The keep a socket in a pocket fix. Hopefully the ota resolves otherwise:

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!
… … …

• Haha
Reactions: DCS

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/tsbs-ssms-and-recalls-for-the-24-mustang.157809/

Link will point you towards all the current recalls, Special Service Messages (SSM) and Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) for the S650.

It's not always the same thing, but fortunately, the fixes are often quick and painless. Thus far we've seen battery resets, battery replacements, ABS reprogramming/re-flashing and Gateway Module (GWM) replacements.

Last edited:

JaxCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT (Performance)
As odd as it may sound, the ABS module requires updating. There is a notification from Ford regarding this. Your dealer should be aware of it.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/tsbs-ssms-and-recalls-for-the-24-mustang.157809/

Link will point you towards all the current recalls, Special Service Messages (SSM) and Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) for the S650.

It's not always the same thing, but fortunately, the fixes are often quick and painless. Thus far we've seen battery resets, battery replacements, ABS reprogramming/re-flashing and Gateway Module (GWM) replacements.
Thank you for the summary. I feel like this topic should be pinned given how many threads there are. Such a weird issue to have. Sounds like a simple fix, but I lament the idea of them having the car for a week.

As odd as it may sound, the ABS module requires updating. There is a notification from Ford regarding this. Your dealer should be aware of it.
Thank you! The dealer mentioned that to me as a possibility. I wish we could fix this on our own instead of having to be without the car for so long.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
So what changed on February 8th 2024? What is the fix? Just a ABS module reprogram? Thought there was a battery issue related to this?

S650 Mustang GT Did Not Start, Threw Every Code At Me IMG_4211

JaxCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT (Performance)
Thank you for the summary. I feel like this topic should be pinned given how many threads there are. Such a weird issue to have. Sounds like a simple fix, but I lament the idea of them having the car for a week.

Thank you! The dealer mentioned that to me as a possibility. I wish we could fix this on our own instead of having to be without the car for so long.
Once they found that was the problem, it only took 1-1/2 days to actually finish the update. Good luck!!

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once they found that was the problem, it only took 1-1/2 days to actually finish the update. Good luck!!
Thanks! They told me they are backed up and they wouldn't look at it until next Wednesday or Thursday. *sigh*

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
I just had this happen to me this past Sunday. Saturday night the car drove fine. Woke up Sunday morning and was going to leave for church with the Mrs. and the car wouldn't start. Got every error on my screen... Took the Mrs. car to church and after church we went to lunch. When we came home about 3 hours later, I tried my car and she started right up. No errors... nothing. Like nothing had happened. It's been fine since. One thing to note is that when it happened, I got all kinds of errors on my screen and the MyFord app did not report a single issue. The vehicle status was a green check mark.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just had this happen to me this past Sunday. Saturday night the car drove fine. Woke up Sunday morning and was going to leave for church with the Mrs. and the car wouldn't start. Got every error on my screen... Took the Mrs. car to church and after church we went to lunch. When we came home about 3 hours later, I tried my car and she started right up. No errors... nothing. Like nothing had happened. It's been fine since. One thing to note is that when it happened, I got all kinds of errors on my screen and the MyFord app did not report a single issue. The vehicle status was a green check mark.
Thank you for sharing. It was the same issue here, with nothing showing up on the app. The car has been at the dealer since Friday. I don’t think they’ve even looked at it yet, but when I dropped it off they said probably it’s the ABS module needing to be updated.
Sponsored