• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Problems Already

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Unfortunately already having problems with my 24 GT. Got a message about low 12v charge state last week. Chocked it up to new battery sitting who knows how long and me mainly driving on short trips. Took it out for a long drive and put on a tender and all was well for a couple days. Drove it yesterday with now issues either. This morning I go to pull it out of the garage and itā€™s dead to the world. No lights left on or anything, keep them on auto.

I have it on the charger now and service is scheduled but pretty disappointing to say the least.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It's been well known for a long time that electronics have infant mortality. That means new parts are most likely to fail in the first 48 hours. After that, the longer they don't fail, the more likely they will last much longer. It could be a semiconductor that should turn the power off isn't and if so, it should be easy to find and replace.
While batteries are simple and shouldn't have much that can fail early, They can short out or the cell connectors can fail. It's the one problem of buying something new that nobody else has owned. Most of the time everything works for a long time but you might be the unfortunate one in a thousand that has a problem.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
The battery supposedly charged in about an hour from dead again this morning, no way. So now Iā€™m hopeful itā€™s just a bad battery. Weā€™ll see, I have service scheduled for Wednesday

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
First thing i did to mine when i got home is set it on a 2 amp charger. It took all night. It finished at 7am the next day.
Those cars sat for a while and got started a bunch of times which is hard on the battery and never ran long enough to recharge.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Been a few folks on here with early issues. Of course we don't ever hear about those with no issues, but I sure hope a pay raise helps increase quality at Flat Rock. Got my eye on a fox body if my car shows up and doesn't pass my inspection.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Unfortunately already having problems with my 24 GT. Got a message about low 12v charge state last week. Chocked it up to new battery sitting who knows how long and me mainly driving on short trips. Took it out for a long drive and put on a tender and all was well for a couple days. Drove it yesterday with now issues either. This morning I go to pull it out of the garage and itā€™s dead to the world. No lights left on or anything, keep them on auto.

I have it on the charger now and service is scheduled but pretty disappointing to say the least.
Did you have anything plugged in to your rearview mirror USB port? I noticed that port is usually hot all the time and will keep charging things even after the car has been off for hours.

OP
OP

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Nothing plugged in and checked that all lights were turning off when I locked it up. I have it on my 5 amp charger now. Even though itā€™s reporting charged Iā€™m going to let it sit overnight to see how it does tomorrow.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Been a few folks on here with early issues. Of course we don't ever hear about those with no issues, but I sure hope a pay raise helps increase quality at Flat Rock. Got my eye on a fox body if my car shows up and doesn't pass my inspection.
Yea I'm getting skeptical too. Depending on how many more people keep posting about issues, and especially if mine shows up with issues, I might just cancel and wait for the inevitable facebook post from a fella who cant afford the car trying to resell after 100 miles.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Fords BMS on late model cars has been crap. Especially ones that have been sitting on lotsā€¦ We bought an explorer ST almost a month ago. Immediately afterwards we noticed several features not working (proximity key, driver keypad, interior lighting, etc.) and were concerned. After some quick research we learned it was from a weak batteryā€¦ we hooked up my trickle charger overnight and then did the bms reset the next morning. 0 problems sinceā€¦.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
You did the obvious thing during the fault condition, right?
Used a DMM to measure the battery volts?????

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Battery sulfated?
These early builds have been sitting a long time, all the electronics in these produce plenty of draw, and then only very short drive cycles.

Had this happen on a different vehicle, I don't drive much, with a new battery. It was dead, jumped it, drove to charge it up, tested next day with MM, it had the cranking amps, though it was not holding a charge, sulfated.
Put it on a 5A trickle charger, ran it through a couple pulse cycles to desulfate, and a couple slow overnight charges. Battery is good as new now. If it's not going to be a daily driver or sit for winter a maintainer is a must for these newer cars. IMHO

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If it's not going to be a daily driver or sit for winter a maintainer is a must for these newer cars. IMHO
For those cars which are not a DD, wiring in a tender is a great and welcome first mod.

S650 Mustang Problems Already battery tender stages

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Some of these cars have been sat around a while awaiting delivery. a flay 12v battery is not a huge surprise, and once properly flat they are often toast.

ShawnStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Check where you leave your key. If in close proximity to car, it will run the battery down. Had to move my key from right inside the front door. Because the key senses when hey is near and turns some lights on. Happened to my wifeā€™s suburban and had to put a new battery in it. Just a thought.

shawnStang
Sponsored