• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Price Increase. Pay or Walk.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So the price of the car I ordered has increased since my order and they also tacked on $415 for the spare tire which was no cost under the order.
This is an X-Plan order.

So what should I do?

BTW the car arrived at the dealer today.
Sponsored

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
An honest man's opinion. If you signed an agreement, have them stick to it. If you really want the car, don't fret over a small over charge.. If you are a principled person, walk away and give your business to some other dealer. This has a risk that you will not get the car you want,

Hope this help

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I don't see how they can change the terms of an agreement you signed. If it's only a little bit more it may be easier to take the car and be sure to fill out the survey and point out what the problem was. You could also look around to see what other dealers have in their inventories too.

Good luck.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
How much?
Is it related to the $1000 gas guzzler mixup??

EdMan63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse, 2023 Explorer ST
Orders normally have price protection. The dealer will eventually get that money back from Ford and should forward any difference to you. Not every does but that's how it should work.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Personally I wouldn't pay 1 cent more than the agreed upon price when you ordered. If they want to force the spare on you either they can eat the cost or they can remove the tire.

I'm telling you, these cars are sitting and sitting and sitting at dealerships unsold. They are not going to add another car to their lot that they can't sell over the cost of a spare. And the price protection should definitely prevent the other price hike. Tell them they cover it or you walk.

Even if they let you walk $10 says they call you in a week or two begging you to come back and take it at the original price.

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
How much was the price increase? What model did you order? I Z planned a GT Premium Convertible. Checking prices today I would see a $215 price increase. All in that base model. The price of the accessories didn't change. This was from a September 23 build. Look at the sticker and see if there is a change.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i said this on another person's similar thread, but if you ordered while the price was lower and it increased after your order was placed, you have price protection. the dealer should honor the original price and Ford will pay the dealer the difference. if they try to get you to pay the new price, walk. them trying to play you out of more money is super shady, and means they probably have some other questionable stuff going on too. i also recommend contacting Ford's customer support line and telling them about what happened if they do not honor the price protection.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The price of my color choice increased between my order and delivery. I asked and my dealer told me my price was protected.
Of course, i guess it depends if your dealer is honnest...
Sponsored