• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This is my first time ordering without the benefit of A Plan or Z Plan. Sounds like no one is negotiating any type of deals. Should I plan on paying MSRP for my GT Premium?
Besides Granger Ford, Chapman Ford of Horsham is the only other dealer (I know of) that's offering the '24 model below invoice without the A/X/Z plan discount.
Sponsored

MaryManual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Besides Granger Ford, Chapman Ford of Horsham is the only other dealer (I know of) that's offering the '24 model below invoice without the A/X/Z plan discount.
Another neophyte question: when negotiating below invoice, how much of a discount is reasonable? Iā€™m about to order a Rapid Red Premium GT, 6 speed, 401A pkg; Nite Pony pkg and thats it. List is 53,200.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Another neophyte question: when negotiating below invoice, how much of a discount is reasonable? Iā€™m about to order a Rapid Red Premium GT, 6 speed, 401A pkg; Nite Pony pkg and thats it. List is 53,200.
These days getting anything under MSRP could be considered a good deal. Anything under invoice is exceptional.

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
I will take advantage of any promo deals running at the time, but honestly if i get msrp with no ad ons and I can go down the street and get itā€¦ I will be ok.

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Two prices here first time I built the car and the price I signed for and the second is what it costs now on Ford website

F2628486-7E39-4486-B0E5-B43509DA3B35.jpeg

140D4DE4-D6A5-45E6-96A3-DB996D013222.jpeg
Do not use the configurator as a comparison as we know it always has errors. Also your first pic MSRP is a 600A, the second is a 700A (which we know is an error).

Rice0086

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Focus RS
Do not use the configurator as a comparison as we know it always has errors. Also your first pic MSRP is a 600A, the second is a 700A (which we know is an error).
correct the base price is 600A but 700A in built in to the options also I forgot about the gas guzzler tax in the first price as its not in the second price
first price $75155
Second price $78500
difference of $3345

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
correct the base price is 600A but 700A in built in to the options also I forgot about the gas guzzler tax in the first price as its not in the second price
first price $75155
Second price $78500
difference of $3345
You are still trying to make your argument using the configurator which is pointless. The prices have not gone up if you use the price sheets.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
You are still trying to make your argument using the configurator which is pointless. The prices have not gone up if you use the price sheets.
I equate us using the configurator to cats seeing a laser pointer. Guess who are the cats and guess who's handling the laser pointer....

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
In summary, in the overwhelming majority of sales: yes.

While Ford can offer Price Protection, are dealers required to support it? No.

If in a situation where you have an order in but the dealer will not support protection, ultimately, you can walk, with the dealer attempting to sell the car at the new, higher price. This could happen. I'm sure there are examples out there. But the salesperson has already done the heavy lifting and gotten the sale. You're just waiting for the car to arrive. It's like they have a lock on profit and commission, but would have to give that up while risking selling your spec to someone who wanted it (paint, trans, other options).

If the price increase is on the car and options, processes might have changed, but Ford used to advertise those increases ahead of time, like 30-60 days before; this would give any who'd yet to commit to an order incentive to do so. In those same statements, Ford would confirm it's Price Protection program: orders placed before the specified date were covered with those dealers which supported.

But if the changes are due to destination and delivery, taxes, etc., those are immediate and the buyer eats those.

Regarding Price Protection, each person needs to check with their individual dealer. The overwhelming majority of dealers support. But I can give two examples when they might not:

1. I'd previously read of some clients, a handful, involving invoice or below invoice deals. They placed an order for an incredibly good deal. But when price increases occurred, they were not afforded Price Protection. These buyers paid a new price which reflected the increases.

2. There have been some dealers which do not support Price Protection. You've placed an order for an MSRP build. Price increases later occur. You buy the car anyway. The dealer later applies for and receives Price Protection, and then pockets it. Fortunately, these examples are rare.

My build witnessed $4K of price increases while I was waiting, all of which were covered. When the window sticker was finally published, all those new $ increases were listed. All the documents had been updated. I confirmed with the dealer they would support Price Protection and they listed the specific dollar amount I'd receive, the adjustment.

Price Protection can work in one of two ways:

1. The car arrives. You're aware of the $ changes and the dealer has confirmed Price Protection. You buy the car at the original, agreed-to price and drive off. The dealer confirms the person who bought the car is the same who ordered it, and applies for Price Protection. At this moment, the dealer is at a $ loss. Ford processes the dealer request, and gifts the difference to the dealer, in about six weeks. From your perspective, the entire process has been transparent. Nothing has changed.

2. The car arrives. You're aware of the changes and the dealer has confirmed Price Protection. You pay the new price. Somewhere along the way, you and the dealer have come to an agreement, in writing: they will apply for Price Protection, with the $ ultimately coming to you. I'm aware of a handful of instances this has happened, but these are rare. Anyone in this position, to help facilitate you receiving your funds, withhold all surveys after the sale; this effectively withholds the salesperson's commission until you receive your check.
What happened to me was ordered GT yellow splash, only option was active exhaust listed on bill of sale signed by dealer and me. During 3 months till delivery I kept paying part of the price down
Delivery day arrived go pick up car and pay rest in full. I go with dealer to pick up the ownership, back to dealership to pick up car and he says you owe me $800+tax for the Yellow Paint. I said your kidding Iā€™ve been here now 4 times and now You say I owe you more money when I have a bill of sale paid in full. He wonā€™t give me the keys till I pay him. Out with credit card and away I go. I phone next day and talk to the father, his son is the sales person. Go through the whole spiel and he and I agree he sends me a check for $500. I am out 400. for their mistake. By this time I donā€™t care, Iā€™ve got my beautiful 6 speed Yellow Slash Mustang. Buyer be aware. PS I took off his back dealership plate holder.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
What happened to me was ordered GT yellow splash, only option was active exhaust listed on bill of sale signed by dealer and me. During 3 months till delivery I kept paying part of the price down
Delivery day arrived go pick up car and pay rest in full. I go with dealer to pick up the ownership, back to dealership to pick up car and he says you owe me $800+tax for the Yellow Paint. I said your kidding Iā€™ve been here now 4 times and now You say I owe you more money when I have a bill of sale paid in full. He wonā€™t give me the keys till I pay him. Out with credit card and away I go. I phone next day and talk to the father, his son is the sales person. Go through the whole spiel and he and I agree he sends me a check for $500. I am out 400. for their mistake. By this time I donā€™t care, Iā€™ve got my beautiful 6 speed Yellow Slash Mustang. Buyer be aware. PS I took off his back dealership plate holder.
Depending on when you ordered, you should have been price protected.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
When I picked up my 2024 my salesman told me to go look the car over and then come back in. I had been telling him about the panel gaps and paint chips where fenders meet plastic rear bumper cover. He looked it over prior but he knows I'm picky. I have a relationship buying from this dealer since 2004.

I came in and told him it has a huge defect on the trunk. He immediately knew what I meant and called the car jockey who drove the car up from the cleanup / pre-inspection lot and asked him if he added the dealer sticker to my trunk. YUP he did and my salesman told him to come up and removed it. He already KNEW, I advertise by word of mouth if my dealer does me solid. You pay me for advertisement if you sticker is on my car

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
What happened to me was ordered GT yellow splash
I haven't been tracking all the price changes which have occurred this MY. It reads like, at the time you placed the order, Yellow Splash was not a premium color. Currently at Ford's web site, Yellow Splash is a $995 USD option.

Unfortunately, it sounds like your dealer is one of the few which does not support Price Protection. They pocket the difference (or in your case, half) and do not pass it on to the Customer.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I haven't been tracking all the price changes which have occurred this MY. It reads like, at the time you placed the order, Yellow Splash was not a premium color. Currently at Ford's web site, Yellow Splash is a $995 USD option.

Unfortunately, it sounds like your dealer is one of the few which does not support Price Protection. They pocket the difference (or in your case, half) and do not pass it on to the Customer.
The $995.00 charge for Yellow Spash wasnā€™t added to the price list until August.

Edit: The paint color changed from metallic to metallic tri-coat and when from n/c to $995.00 šŸ¤”

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...r-guide-and-price-list-w-msrp-invoice.156646/

S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! IMG_3748
Sponsored

Last edited: