• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PP missing spoiler - Rebate/Refund from Ford?

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I am planning to pick up a S650 GT premium with a PP on it. The dealership says factory deleted the spoiler as it was out of stock when the car was scheduled to build. I asked them if I can get a refund/rebate from ford because I am paying full price for the PP as per the window sticker. They said they will have to check with Ford and cant assure that I would get anything back.

The window sticker says PP and spoiler delete.

Has anyone faced a similar scenario? What will be the best way to handle this?

@Ford Motor Company any comments?
Sponsored

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Youā€™re not missing a spoiler. Ford wasnā€™t out of stock of PP spoilers. You or whoever optioned you car when it got ordered added the spoiler delete option. You can get a PP and have the spoiler delete option

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Youā€™re not missing a spoiler. Ford wasnā€™t out of stock of PP spoilers. You or whoever optioned you car when it got ordered added the spoiler delete option. You can get a PP and have the spoiler delete option
That's a dealer ordered car. They stated that they optioned it with PP but factory put the spoiler delete option, they did not do it.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
That's a dealer ordered car. They stated that they optioned it with PP but factory put the spoiler delete option, they did not do it.
that's nonsense. Ford will not add options to vehicles on their own. i bet whoever is in charge of ordering new vehicles fat fingered it and accidentally added the spoiler delete, then blamed Ford after it was too late to change it. i can tell you right now that Ford has said nothing to dealers about performance pack wings having run out or being limited for the 2024s. you might want to look at another dealer, if they're willing to lie about that stuff, who knows what else they might try to lie about

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
that's nonsense. Ford will not add options to vehicles on their own. i bet whoever is in charge of ordering new vehicles fat fingered it and accidentally added the spoiler delete, then blamed Ford after it was too late to change it. i can tell you right now that Ford has said nothing to dealers about performance pack wings having run out or being limited for the 2024s. you might want to look at another dealer, if they're willing to lie about that stuff, who knows what else they might try to lie about
I figured that would be the case. Just wanted to see what others had to say on the forum.

Thank you for the insight!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
While we are on the topic..

PP spoiler on a Non PP Mustang... Cool or cringe?

The flat lip isn't doing it for me, and I am looking at the limited current options. The PP spoiler is one of them.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I figured that would be the case. Just wanted to see what others had to say on the forum.

Thank you for the insight!
I seem to think [gt] convertibles with the pp get the spoiler delete by default

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I think if the sticker states spoiler delete then the dealer is gonna tell you its your cost to add it....unless they want to make the deal and have you as a satisfied customer. My Ford dealer has done things for me on cars and I in return have been a loyal customer and sent them many customers throughout the years in return.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
While we are on the topic..

PP spoiler on a Non PP Mustang... Cool or cringe?

The flat lip isn't doing it for me, and I am looking at the limited current options. The PP spoiler is one of them.
IMO, itā€™s alright. It looks okay, not that great not that bad.

I had my original build with a spoiler delete too because I want to slap on an aftermarket one. Getting back a refund for the spoiler would be nice, it will atleast cover my costs for the aftermarket mod.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I think if the sticker states spoiler delete then the dealer is gonna tell you its your cost to add it....unless they want to make the deal and have you as a satisfied customer. My Ford dealer has done things for me on cars and I in return have been a loyal customer and sent them many customers throughout the years in return.
Everyone at the dealership is pretty sweet and helpful. They gave a great deal but I would be even happier if they compensated for the performance spoiler.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
The delete is an option and I can't see you getting any sort of discount. Why there is no discount when you select that is anyones guess. More profit for Ford is my guess.

Just like if you get the Night Pony on a convertible, you're already paying extra for the soft top, Ford saves time/materials on the roof painting, you get to pay the same price as a fastback that needs painting.

Is it fair, NO. Is it just how it is, yes. If we don't like it I guess we can go buy a Camaro or Challenger.... oh wait :giggle:

Ford does not usually change/add/remove options once a vehicle has been scheduled. What I have seen is Ford telling dealers, "Hey,if you don't add/remove a particular option it will not ever be scheduled for production".

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The delete is an option and I can't see you getting any sort of discount. Why there is no discount when you select that is anyones guess. More profit for Ford is my guess.

Just like if you get the Night Pony on a convertible, you're already paying extra for the soft top, Ford saves time/materials on the roof painting, you get to pay the same price as a fastback that needs painting.

Is it fair, NO. Is it just how it is, yes. If we don't like it I guess we can go buy a Camaro or Challenger.... oh wait :giggle:

Ford does not usually change/add/remove options once a vehicle has been scheduled. What I have seen is Ford telling dealers, "Hey,if you don't add/remove a particular option it will not ever be scheduled for production".
Yes, it is what it is and it sucks. But itā€™s fine I guess.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful Ā“15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Do you have, or can you ask for the sheet you signed with the detail of your order ?
If you didnā€™t have spoiler delete on it, your dealerā€™s gotta provide you with one.
At least that would be my demand šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Cool thing is on the S650 you can just swap the spoiler delete with the spoiler pretty easily.
And worst case scenario if you donā€™t like it down the road, you can still sell it.
But you paid for it, and were expecting it, donā€™t let it slide because theyā€™re nice there. Just my 0.02

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Do you have, or can you ask for the sheet you signed with the detail of your order ?
If you didnā€™t have spoiler delete on it, your dealerā€™s gotta provide you with one.
At least that would be my demand šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Cool thing is on the S650 you can just swap the spoiler delete with the spoiler pretty easily.
And worst case scenario if you donā€™t like it down the road, you can still sell it.
But you paid for it, and were expecting it, donā€™t let it slide because theyā€™re nice there. Just my 0.02
The thing is this is a dealer ordered car. Iā€™m too impatient to wait for my order so Iā€™m going to cancel that pick this up. The dealer said they had PP on but factory deleted the spoiler but I am 99% sure that was a wrong statement. They must have put in the spoiler delete option and were not aware of it.

Either way Iā€™m fine with it because I wanted to have my own aftermarket spoiler. Just would have been nice if they reimbursed for the spoiler since they are charging the full amount.
Sponsored