• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Performance package is it worth it

JoesProGTO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Pro Street 74 GTO, 2024 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
That’s why when my wife passed I bought a Mustang GT 2021 PP1 at 66, and now I’m 69 and feel like I’m 29. I’m lucky to have my health and enjoy driving it in the warm weather. I’m also retired (did it early at 62).
I 100% relate to you my friend!!! Very similar situation. Enjoy it!!!
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
YES! One last hurrah. I'm 78 and still pounding the skinny pedal. GT Premium Convertible, Iconic Silver with red interior,401A, PP, Magnaride, Active exhaust. The heated and cooled seats are really nice. I love the exhaust note. My biggest thrill and every time I get out of it I have a big smile on my face. Did I need it? Not really, but I love it and would do it all over again. Have fun.
Glad to hear us old farts are taking over....young whipper-snappers beware.........:rockon:

Last edited:

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
YES! One last hurrah. I'm 78 and still pounding the skinny pedal. GT Premium Convertible, Iconic Silver with red interior,401A, PP, Magnaride, Active exhaust. The heated and cooled seats are really nice. I love the exhaust note. My biggest thrill and every time I get out of it I have a big smile on my face. Did I need it? Not really, but I love it and would do it all over again. Have fun.
That’s how I feel too! When the weather is nice it’s a Mustang day and when it’s not then it’s a F-150 day.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Without PP do you get the same drive mods? I like the quicker and more firm shifts with the auto in sport and track.

Yes, same Drive Modes. And if you're lucky, with the AE (and in Sport or higher) you can get quite a few burbles on deceleration and if you tap the pedal while that's happening you can get a nice loud Pop!!!

Makes me grin every time, and not to forget the Pops on hard acceleration (1st to 2nd to 3rd), and not that I'm promoting you gun it either. :giggle::angel::wink::cwl:

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
As a person who has had a Mustang with and without the performance package I can say with 100% certainly you want the PP even if you're not tracking it. To me there is a noticeable difference between the 2. I don't track my car as it is a daily. Still got the PP and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Is this purely a financial decision?
  • Don't get it. Save the 5k+ and use it elsewhere.
  • Alternatively, get a base model Dark Horse instead. Comes with all the functional goodies from the GT for a few thousand less, if you can find one.
On the other hand, absolutely get it if:
  • You like the look. 5k from factory for a wing, wheels, and brakes will be worth it IMO.
  • You think you will regret it if you don't. You don't want to experience buyer's remorse on a car that will run you 50k.
  • You plan to drive it very spiritedly, or harder. No-brainer.
  • You live in an area with unpredictable drivers. In this case, also get Magneride. The stiffer brakes and suspension, and the wider tires will come in VERY handy in evading someone else's stupidity.
There are honestly more reasons to get it than there are not to, and again it's quite a solid package coming from factory.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
The PP is really worth it on the feel of the car on its own. It firms it up when even a PP car is still pretty soft. The Torsen rear end and the Brembos are the main selliing feature. If you like the spoiler of the PP than thats another. With the S550 there were other items that made it different such as larger radiator and oil coolers, I believe the GT gets the larger coolers and radiator off the bat with the S650.

I would get it...

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Is this purely a financial decision?
  • Don't get it. Save the 5k+ and use it elsewhere.
  • Alternatively, get a base model Dark Horse instead. Comes with all the functional goodies from the GT for a few thousand less, if you can find one.
On the other hand, absolutely get it if:
  • You like the look. 5k from factory for a wing, wheels, and brakes will be worth it IMO.
  • You think you will regret it if you don't. You don't want to experience buyer's remorse on a car that will run you 50k.
  • You plan to drive it very spiritedly, or harder. No-brainer.
  • You live in an area with unpredictable drivers. In this case, also get Magneride. The stiffer brakes and suspension, and the wider tires will come in VERY handy in evading someone else's stupidity.
There are honestly more reasons to get it than there are not to, and again it's quite a solid package coming from factory.
This is a really good point I didn't consider. The base Dark Horse essentially comes with all the Performance Package options + the Tremec manual transmission for (I believe) less cost than a GT with the PP added. That's a good approach.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tha
This is a really good point I didn't consider. The base Dark Horse essentially comes with all the Performance Package options + the Tremec manual transmission for (I believe) less cost than a GT with the PP added. That's a good approach.
GT With a PP is still quite a bit less expensive than a base DH. I ordered a SY GT, 400a, 6 MT, PP, red brembos and AE and the car stickers for $56k. A base DH is right at $60k.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Tha

GT With a PP is still quite a bit less expensive than a base DH. I ordered a SY GT, 400a, 6 MT, PP, red brembos and AE and the car stickers for $56k. A base DH is right at $60k.
Magneride is standard on the DH too right? So that's another $1,750

Lightningwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
It was a tough decision for me too, but I decided to skip the PP. I want to use that money for other things. (Ceramic coating, Window tinting, RTR wheels, maybe some lowering springs etc.)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magneride is standard on the DH too right? So that's another $1,750
You're still under. The other issue is getting a DH the way you want it. Such limited allocations.
Sponsored