• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I was thinking that since the next Gen car is only one year old, and the sides will probably be similar(s550 to s650), that they'd just refresh the front/rear facias.

Who knows.
their advertising this as an “all new” platform (like they did with Fox 4 in 1994) It’s not (also as in 1994), but that’s what they’re pushing. The idea that it’s really an s550 that has been modified is kind of a stealth move by Ford. They’d rather that not be so obvious.

for that reason, outside of the way too similar front fascia, I’m expecting a distinctly different look on all body panels (except the front unfortunately). I think they’ll really have to visually differentiate.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So.......will we see any more leaks before the 14th September? Ford have, so far, done a pretty amazing job of keeping S650 under wraps, with just the two images being leaked so far.

In one sense, I hope we don't see anything until the 14th, despite how much I'm looking forward to seeing her!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So.......will we see any more leaks before the 14th September? Ford have, so far, done a pretty amazing job of keeping S650 under wraps, with just the two images being leaked so far.

In one sense, I hope we don't see anything until the 14th, despite how much I'm looking forward to seeing her!
I’d expect just a little something. Perhaps a camo shot minus the padding and false shapes.

I do feel that Ford was pushed ahead of schedule on announcement. When the photos were leaked, that really did some marketing timeline damage.

so the campaign may suffer a bit. Right now, I’d hate to be the team doing crunch time getting everything prepared for the reveal.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I wondering if the reveal will include power and weight numbers or will they play games like Nissan with the Z

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray

Pretty sure we will see leaks once journalists can film their handson NDA videos and they have to bring the cars to the auto show

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Pretty sure we will see leaks once journalists can film their handson NDA videos and they have to bring the cars to the auto show
Yeah, we will most certainly see some pics around the 10th of September...

However, I'm curious as to why they don't test drive the car with less camo. They certainly do somewhere but obviously not in public like the Germans do. I thought we would see a period of test drive vehicles with just a wrap and no further cameo but I doubt that will happen now given the reveal in around four weeks...

Then again BMW revealed the new 7 series and still had some camoed cars driving around for some time...

Presenting the car now and starting to sell it in March 23 doesn't make much sense to me and maybe they just reveal the exterior and interior and keep everything else under closure... I certainly wouldn't buy an S550 in October if I knew the new one is around the block...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Final HP/Torque numbers will almost definitely NOT be revealed in September. That'll be announced much closer to the on-sale date.

Velocity5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Silverado 1500, Nissan Frontier,
Lets all just hope for a lighter vehicle which most likely won't happen......... That and another iteration of the 350 NA MT 6 speed.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
Final HP/Torque numbers will almost definitely NOT be revealed in September. That'll be announced much closer to the on-sale date.
Yes Ford usually hold back and Drip-Feed the HP & Torque figures to closer to the Sales Launch - however we do have this to savor - " it will approach 500 horsepower in at least one configuration." 2024 Ford Mustang V8 To Approach 500 Horsepower: Exclusive (fordauthority.com)

Also : (6) 2024 S650 Mustang V8 to Approach 500 Horsepower | Mustang7G - 2023+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DONT be surprised if they carry over the engines and in a few years. They get replaced with something newer/next gen
Ford has done this before
Or a major Upgrade on the GT Coyote V8.

So will the GT be upgraded to the Mach1 (or more), and Mach1 to near 500Hp?

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
For those with more experience...I've not witnessed a release/reveal before. Will Ford or the Detroit Auto Show Live Stream the unveiling? I'd like to see it as it happens. I'd like to listen in on what's said after the veil is lifted.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those with more experience...I've not witnessed a release/reveal before. Will Ford or the Detroit Auto Show Live Stream the unveiling? I'd like to see it as it happens. I'd like to listen in on what's said after the veil is lifted.
I think they usually do a Livestream, also on Youtube, but don't hold your breath on Hp Figures or Specs.
Sponsored