• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
the US advertises HP, thats the total power that the engine can make
Europe uses break horsepower (known in the US as crank horsepower) thats the amount of power that is made accounting for frictional losses within the engine itself (something like 98-99% of HP)
WHP is a number people in the aftermarket like using as that accounts for all aspects of the driveline from the engine to the wheels.

so the numbers would look more like
HP: 460
BHP: 454
WHP: 420
Nah, this is not completely correct. Europe uses PS which is a slightly smaller value than American hp. So, the McLaren 720S is rated at 720 PS which equals 710 us hp. That said, the way they rate them differs. Most American manufacturers now use the SAE rating which is the power at the crank under certain atmospheric conditions with exhaust and accessories connected. However, German cars use some other unknown rating because most of them are severely underrated compared to the SAE standard. I speculate they rate them at something like 5000’ elevation at 95 deg F, for an extremely high density altitude, which is why in normal or good air (eg 60 deg F at sea level) they make so much more hp than we’d expect. The DA of the SAE number is somewhere around 2000’ DA.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Nah, this is not completely correct. Europe uses PS which is a slightly smaller value than American hp. So, the McLaren 720S is rated at 720 PS which equals 710 us hp. That said, the way they rate them differs. Most American manufacturers now use the SAE rating which is the power at the crank under certain atmospheric conditions with exhaust and accessories connected. However, German cars use some other unknown rating because most of them are severely underrated compared to the SAE standard. I speculate they rate them at something like 5000’ elevation at 95 deg F, for an extremely high density altitude, which is why in normal or good air (eg 60 deg F at sea level) they make so much more hp than we’d expect. The DA of the SAE number is somewhere around 2000’ DA.
i wouldnt be surprised if it was something law related so they can say "every engine will make this number" vs most US makes being like "this is the most HP this engine will make". I know Japan underrated almost every car they made for a while due to the gentlemen's agreement that limited their cars to 276hp.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
Does anyone have any insight as to the process in applying for an allocation? I've inquired on the Ford site, spoken to the owner of the dealer I buy all of my Fords from expressing my interest. They're going to inquire through their channels advocating for me etc. Just wondering what the qualifiers are outside of being a celeb, influencer, YouTuber w/ a large following etc.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (ordered)
Does anyone have any insight as to the process in applying for an allocation? I've inquired on the Ford site, spoken to the owner of the dealer I buy all of my Fords from expressing my interest. They're going to inquire through their channels advocating for me etc. Just wondering what the qualifiers are outside of being a celeb, influencer, YouTuber w/ a large following etc.
I’m wondering the same. I filled out the inquiry on the ford website as well, but it’s a little off putting that all these YouTube personalities are saying they were already aware of the car for months, and that they’ve already been receiving allocations. As if it weren’t already price exclusive, it’s clout exclusive before the launch. That kind of stuff comes out of the Ferrari and Porsche world, and i know the GT was like that, but for a mustang? I dunno..

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m wondering the same. I filled out the inquiry on the ford website as well, but it’s a little off putting that all these YouTube personalities are saying they were already aware of the car for months, and that they’ve already been receiving allocations. As if it weren’t already price exclusive, it’s clout exclusive before the launch. That kind of stuff comes out of the Ferrari and Porsche world, and i know the GT was like that, but for a mustang? I dunno..
This guy flashed a coin that he received at the reveal where he stated that it was for an allocation. He received #100 and a guy he was talking in the vid to received something like #171. So it's very safe to say that the first 200 are likely spoken for already.

S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 3.59.01 PM

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Lol is this thing really $300k?
Did you read the spec sheets on it? No doubt it's $300k. It's literally a race car you can run on the street legally. That's a bad bitch right there.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
By chance is the wing detachable and/or does the trunk lid clear. Granted pia to work around however what does the trunk lid grant access to?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By chance is the wing detachable and/or does the trunk lid clear. Granted pia to work around however what does the trunk lid grant access to?
Not sure about that but I've read conflicting info on a few possible options, one being that the wing is optional, another that carbon fiber bumpers are optional. Also read that the door skins are aluminum, standard. I also read that the shocks will be visible through the rear window.