• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's been two months and I haven't been contacted by anyone in regard to the GTD. Has anyone received any further information, been contacted etc?
Just tell them you want the extended warranty. They won’t stop calling. 😂😂

All seriousness, you are the only person on here expressing real interest or at least talking about it. Best of luck getting one.

I’m living vicariously through you until I find something better…..
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Was at the LA Auto Show today. Stopped by the GTD.

DANG that thing looks siiiick!

way better looking in person than in photos. Truly special.

no great photographer here, but took a few photos. Couldn’t get on the platform to see inside though.

IMG_0723.jpeg

IMG_0720.jpeg

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0717.jpeg
Excellent pictures! Props to Ford on getting the ponies aligned on the wheels. 😂♥

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Although this image makes it look like the trophy shelf is taller and wider than the car itself.
That wouldn't surprise me if that was the case or at least as wide as the car.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Although this image makes it look like the trophy shelf is taller and wider than the car itself.
just my poor photography. It was a rough angle, constantly maneuvering between people to try to get a shot - and trying to respectfully be quick about it so as to make room for others to take their photos whiteout photobombing. LOL

Reactions: Zig

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I wonder if they can make that hood as an aftermarket add on.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Can Ford command a premium compared to the Porsche?
no, not by a mile.
Copying the look of the IMSA GTD class Lexus with its giant bulge body panels is just #metoo.

Supposedly there are Vipers still new, sitting in some warehouse in Detroit. The problem with 160k back then (1993-2010) was it was REAL money. Now 200k is "nothing" but a flutter of butterfly wings.

I won't be surprised if Ford gets 300K with every option checked and sells every one.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
comparing it to a Viper is the wrong approach, this isnt a car thats going to be made for dealer lots, this is literally the Ford GT replacement, itll be made to order in extremely limited batches by Multimatic for the Ford GT crowd. I wouldnt be surprised if allocations sell out within the first month.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
comparing it to a Viper is the wrong approach, this isnt a car thats going to be made for dealer lots, this is literally the Ford GT replacement, itll be made to order in extremely limited batches by Multimatic for the Ford GT crowd. I wouldnt be surprised if allocations sell out within the first month.

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I've seen a report somewhere (sorry, I looked for it but can't find it) that Ford is considering expanding production because of high interest past the original 2000 they anticipated.

I've also seen upwards of $400,000 fully-optioned.

If they can get that volume more power to them, but man, that's a lot of really expensive cars.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen a report somewhere (sorry, I looked for it but can't find it) that Ford is considering expanding production because of high interest past the original 2000 they anticipated.

I've also seen upwards of $400,000 fully-optioned.

If they can get that volume more power to them, but man, that's a lot of really expensive cars.
yeah no doubt 400k is a lot, if Ford can prove true on their target of GT2RS performance however, i dont think people are going to stick their nose up at whats basically an upgraded GT3 car with a GT500 engine strapped in it. Especially when its got an iconic name on it as well.