• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
It is funny how many of the "looks" comments I've been reading on nearly every site this car is on.

Remember folks...you may not like it, but, Function-Over-Form. This is KEY in racing.

EDIT: This kind of reminds me of what happened in 2016 with the Ford GT and the 3.5 Ecoboost. "Why not a V8?" "I don't want a truck engine!". Yeah, well...it won it's class at LeMans. So there's that, LOL.
I remember everyone, myself included, having a fit about how ugly the McLaren Senna was. That argument hasn't exactly aged well.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i was never big into the looks of the standard P1, but i really liked what they did with the P1 GTR
S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP 1692400761965

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yes, it’s a proper race car. But does it have dual touch screens? /s
I bet they shaved off another 5 sec below 7min by giving the driver extra buttons, instead of asking him to remove his glove and slide his finger on the touch screen to adjust his nitro mix.
Do you realize they make touch screen gloves?

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Someone could have assumed that it would not be compatible with fire-resistant gloves.

Anyway, mine was a (/s)arcastic comment. Please ignore me on this one.
Touché and ditto 🙃

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
My 2cents. Ford owns the market in 2025 and to bring a street car like this to market with no Dodge or Chevy competing is an opportunity Ford won’t pass up. As the Dodge Demon was over the top in 2018 at 100k I think Ford prices this at about 125k and rules the muscle enthusiast car market.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I'm stunned so many people don't like how this looks, I think it's gorgeous. I think it's far more balanced visually than something like the 2020 gt 500. The gt 500 had basically all the additional aggression in the front end, the bigger grille w/black bumper, the larger intakes, the hood vent, the rest of the car was very similar to other s550's. This has the aggressive front, sides and rear. It feels like a more cohesive design to me.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It is funny how many of the "looks" comments I've been reading on nearly every site this car is on.

Remember folks...you may not like it, but, Function-Over-Form. This is KEY in racing.

EDIT: This kind of reminds me of what happened in 2016 with the Ford GT and the 3.5 Ecoboost. "Why not a V8?" "I don't want a truck engine!". Yeah, well...it won it's class at LeMans. So there's that, LOL.
I saw countless comments like that, the irony in people bashing the 3.5 gt's for having a truck engine but loving the '05 Ford gt was hilarious.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty SOLD
I'm stunned so many people don't like how this looks, I think it's gorgeous. I think it's far more balanced visually than something like the 2020 gt 500. The gt 500 had basically all the additional aggression in the front end, the bigger grille w/black bumper, the larger intakes, the hood vent, the rest of the car was very similar to other s550's. This has the aggressive front, sides and rear. It feels like a more cohesive design to me.
The gt500 with the CFTP is a much cleaner and better looking car than this imo. I think the gt350R and the mach one are the best looking mustangs since 1970. All of this discussion is pretty pointless though because this car is completely impossible to buy for almost everyone.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
the GT500 is the ultimate drivers Mustang. the GTD is the ultimate track monster Mustang, much like the Ford GT, they definitely made this with the track in mind and road driving as a secondary consideration. the simple fact they are using vents over the front tires which only exist for the purpose of allowing air thats flowing around the tire to escape allowing much better grip and downforce overall, kind of drives home that point

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Man, this GTD looks like a Mustang that is optical tuned by a 18-year old kid and his friends with pocketmoney as their budget.

I thought the front of the Dark Horse was the worst, but this is the ugliest Mustang so far.

Those fenders. The spoiler. The sidescoops, the rims, my god.

I will take the base Mustang GT all time anytime over this piece of metal.

In my country we call this Sjonnie tuning. You can almost translate it to farmboy tuning 😂😂😂
Sponsored