• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
A GTD is famous in Europe as a Volkswagen Golf with a 2.0 diesel engine making 200hp, called a Golf GTD and is the diesel equivalent of the gasoline Golf GTI.
Exactly. And I find it utterly flabbergasting that noone at Ford Europe who was in the loop for this project warned their US colleagues about the fact that they had chosen a stupid name with a large DIESEL connotation. Seriously, every media outlet all over Europe that reports about this car today feels the need to mention that 'no it does not have a diesel engine'. And 50% of the comments below these articles is people wondering what kind of diesel engine it has.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a seriously cool car but GTD is about the stupidest name they could have chosen.

S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP ge5342908640339983432
Sponsored

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Exactly. And I find it utterly flabbergasting that noone at Ford Europe who was in the loop for this project warned their US colleagues about the fact that they had chosen a stupid name with a large DIESEL connotation. Seriously, every media outlet all over Europe that reports about this car today feels the need to mention that 'no it does not have a diesel engine'. And 50% of the comments below these articles is people wondering what kind of diesel engine it has.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a seriously cool car but GTD is about the stupidest name they could have chosen.

ge5342908640339983432.jpg
I 100% agree. I think they did it because it was the closest thing to gt3 besides GTE, which was taken already

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I thought of Diesel when I first heard about it as well, having owned a GTI and a GTD Golf/Rabbit.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
I 100% agree. I think they did it because it was the closest thing to gt3 besides GTE, which was taken already
GTD is GT Daytona the class in IMSA that is going to be replaced with GT3 in 2024. It also has connection with the Shelby Daytona from the past. Also it kind of make sense to name the Halo car that probably will be the last V8 Mustang Halo Car to a category that is going away. I really think we are seeing the pinnacle of what a Mustang can be.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
C8 ZR1 will spank this thing at half the price.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
C8 ZR1 will spank this thing at half the price.
Not sure I'm aware of what the C8 ZR1 is. Is that a future product? The Z06 is probably going to be marginally faster than the GTD, though. Or at least very near to it. And a lot cheaper.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
Yes, itā€™s a proper race car. But does it have dual touch screens? /s
I bet they shaved off another 5 sec below 7min by giving the driver extra buttons, instead of asking him to remove his glove and slide his finger on the touch screen to adjust his nitro mix.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
For those who are already dreaming about a body kit to mimic this thing on a bread and butter GT, don't forget that 777 Performance already teased these renders last year November after Ford Perfomance dropped the infamous video that showed all the different S650 race versions, including the GT3:

S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP 777GT3_1

S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP 777GT3_2

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Not sure I'm aware of what the C8 ZR1 is. Is that a future product? The Z06 is probably going to be marginally faster than the GTD, though. Or at least very near to it. And a lot cheaper.
Considering the C8 Z06 is faster than an 911 GT3 RS around Willow Springs I could say you don't even have to wait for ZR1.

Could someone be kind enough to create iPhone wallpapers for the GTD ?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I really hope the next GT500 will sound similiar. What a beast

Finface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Red Eye, 2002 WRX Wagon
Running out right now to buy some Mega-Millions lottery tickets!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
GTD was never going to be about building an "everyman's" halo Mustang. It was about building a car to homologate the GT3 racer.
Apparently this is not the case. Larry Holt of Multimatic was quoted saying this in a new article on the Road & Track website today:

ā€œThereā€™s going to be confusionā€¦ People will think that the GT3 race car is homologated off this road car [the GTD]. But that canā€™t be. The race car has been homologated off the gen-seven Mustang. And then we made a road car off the race car [the new GTD]. Thatā€™s pretty uniqueā€¦ Here we actually did a race car, and then have done a road car.ā€

ā€œ[The GTD] is way more sophisticated than the [GT3] race car. I mean, I donā€™t think anybody would not say that. You canā€™t have active aero on the race car. We have active aero on this. You canā€™t have active suspension on the race car. We have active suspension on this. So it takes a look at that race car and takes it way further, technologically.ā€

Source:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a44845577/2025-ford-mustang-gtd-is-not-a-homologation-special

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
I think the frustrating thing is Ford's latest strategy is fuck competition, we'll do whatever we want and charge whatever we want. That's a good strategy in a vacuum, but in the real world, most of us are saying "Yeah, this is a badass car, but unless they depreciate massively, I'll never be able to afford one".

Meanwhile, the c8 can be had for like 70 grand, 120 or so for a 670 hp mid engine supercar. It gives you hope because 70 grand is a lot of money, but it's also in that bracket of "If I save up here and there, I could maybe buy this one day". This is a bitchin' car, but it's also kinda depressing to see multimillionaire Jim Farley with multimillionaire Bill Ford talking about how great this car you'll never be able to afford is.

I don't understand how Ford can justify a business case to do a ground up 300k supercar they'll only sell in a few thousand units. But can't seem to put together a business case for a mid-engine mustang priced like a c8. If Ford made a 80 grand mid-engine 500 hp car, it would blow everyone's hair back, truly elevating the mustang while also staying true to the mustangs roots of offering great performance for a reasonable price. But instead, they're basically like, hey fuck you if you aren't super wealthy.
AGREE with everything you said. Besides that it looks more like someone just added a body kit to a mustang. Unless your a super die-hard loyalist (also rich), I canā€™t see someone taking this over a Porsche gt3 rs which is around 240k or a Z06 with the track package which is less before the markups. Notice how they revealed it at Barret Jackson not a normal convention like the recent reveals.
Sponsored