• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New DH or 2020 GT 350?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
You have to appreciate just how BAD the gt350 is.

no torque, painfully slow, revs ALL day long.
They look good but DH>MACH 1>GT>GT350>EcoBoost
Hard disagree

That being said, that deal is pure ass. My GT350 was 64k flat brand new, I would dare pay over tag for a copy that has almost 15k on the clock
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Not hating on the Dark Horse... I love all Mustangs... but the gen 2 Voodoo is MUCH less prone to burn oil or have issues then the first one. If you check the S550 forums.. you will see F150 Coyote motors also burn oil... in fact the Coyote in my Roush F150 burns more oil then my gen 2 voodoo as my car now has 13k miles on it and doesn't burn oil at all
.. as a former Coyote mustang owner.. 19 gt pp1.. I can speak intelligently about both cars... yes the 350 has much less tech but the noises the motor makes... you tend to forget all that stuff.. it's the reason you still see low mileage 2020 350Rs going for 100k plus... 19s going for 90k .. and Mach 1s with more tech pulling much less money.. the Coyote is an incredible motor... but the voodoo transforms the car... that being said if you want a drag race car... Coyote with a10 all day... if you want a car that illicit an incredible emotional response... the 350 is your car...
Oil burn not as prevalent but still plenty of 19+ GT350s with their own issues

I was plagued by the TSB for the intermittent stutters and cruise control failure and ultimately lemoned my GT350–problems started at 13k and let it go at 30k

noac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
That is high on the GT350
a guy here was selling his beautiful low mile 20 Heritage 350 for 72 I think.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
the Mach 1 already beat the 350R on a track (according to Car and Driver's tests), and the Dark Horse has more power and downforce than the M1, so it's almost promised to beat the 350R again
Yeah they trade blows depending on the circuit and comparison test, sometimes faster sometimes slower

Practically speaking, equally as capable, so a DH with additional power, negligible weight changes, and what I would suspect to be chassis improvements and better tires (Trofeo RSs that we still know nothing about) should consistently be faster everywhere

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Also should be noted the Mach 1 lap time was 3 years later after they had repaved the circuit .. different weather conditions...not saying it won't be close but I'd like to see same driver same day same track...if you just want the best magazine numbers buy a Tesla ...
Biggest compliment you can give the GT350 is that you literally could not care about the magazine numbers. If some stranger in a [insert faster car] started saying “my car beats yours by 0.3s to 60” or “my car posted a faster lap time than yours in the hands a Joe Professional” I’d probably roll my eyes and say “good for you”

It’s easily a contender for the GOAT FE/RWD drivers car under 100k

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
Biggest compliment you can give the GT350 is that you literally could not care about the magazine numbers. If some stranger in a [insert faster car] started saying “my car beats yours by 0.3s to 60” or “my car posted a faster lap time than yours in the hands a Joe Professional” I’d probably roll my eyes and say “good for you”

It’s easily a contender for the GOAT FE/RWD drivers car under 100k
The GT350 will remain as somewhat of an icon. I'm not certain I can say the same for the DH - I guess we will see.

I recall when Ford had reintroduced the special Boss 302 in the late 2000's. Who care about them now? Very few people. Hell, most probably aren't even aware that they existed at all lol.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I say go for what you want. If you want an older school car, less tech, not drive it as a main daily, high revs, engagement, sound, and name. The it's the Shelby.

If you want something new, unknown, with a warranty, more tech, better for long term daily, based off an engine that has been pretty reliable, then go for the DH.

Each has pros and cons. But I will say the flat plane engines are just gonna be least reliable due to vibrations of those engines. If you plan on boosting your car. It's probably best to go DH. Either way you are getting a good car. Just gotta hope you avoid the downsides.

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
The GT350 will remain as somewhat of an icon. I'm not certain I can say the same for the DH - I guess we will see.

I recall when Ford had reintroduced the special Boss 302 in the late 2000's. Who care about them now? Very few people. Hell, most probably aren't even aware that they existed at all lol.
If you’re referring to the 2012-2013 Boss 302, many people still care about them. Still to this day, one of the biggest bang for buck performance cars you can get. I still miss mine. The Roadrunner variant is a hell of a power plant.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
If you’re referring to the 2012-2013 Boss 302, many people still care about them. Still to this day, one of the biggest bang for buck performance cars you can get. I still miss mine. The Roadrunner variant is a hell of a power plant.
Yes. I remember when they were first released. One of my local dealers got one just like this in. I was obsessed at the time but I wouldn't look twice at one now.

S650 Mustang New DH or 2020 GT 350? 1687189940889

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue 301A, PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaro's
Not hating on the Dark Horse... I love all Mustangs... but the gen 2 Voodoo is MUCH less prone to burn oil or have issues then the first one. If you check the S550 forums.. you will see F150 Coyote motors also burn oil... in fact the Coyote in my Roush F150 burns more oil then my gen 2 voodoo as my car now has 13k miles on it and doesn't burn oil at all
.. as a former Coyote mustang owner.. 19 gt pp1.. I can speak intelligently about both cars... yes the 350 has much less tech but the noises the motor makes... you tend to forget all that stuff.. it's the reason you still see low mileage 2020 350Rs going for 100k plus... 19s going for 90k .. and Mach 1s with more tech pulling much less money.. the Coyote is an incredible motor... but the voodoo transforms the car... that being said if you want a drag race car... Coyote with a10 all day... if you want a car that illicit an incredible emotional response... the 350 is your car...
the Mach 1 already beat the 350R on a track (according to Car and Driver's tests), and the Dark Horse has more power and downforce than the M1, so it's almost promised to beat the 350R again
It's possible that the DH is faster, C/D's time was recorded in a 2016 R, wouldn't be surprised if the 2020 is faster than the Mach 1 based on the suspension upgrades. Personally I expect them all to perform similarly - it's about which one is more fun to drive balanced with maintenance and insurance costs.
I know several GT350 owners from the track (and personally) who don't have any issues with their cars. I almost chose a used 350 over the Mach 1 but since I had to finance some of it I couldn't justify it without another $10K to put down on it. Banks don't do as well on older cars. No matter how special or what the real market value is. So I paid $5K less for a brand new M1/HP with full warranty and better financing options. Plus my leftover track brake pads and my extra set of 18" wheels and tires for the track still fit the M1.

CallinBatonRouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Sierra

Hot take on the Boss. That car is an absolute blast and is super special. Sounds like the OP has their mind made up on the DH. I’d probably do the same, coming from a GT350. Love it but just too finicky.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yes. I remember when they were first released. One of my local dealers got one just like this in. I was obsessed at the time but I wouldn't look twice at one now.

1687189940889.png
This was my 2012 Yellow Blaze
S650 Mustang New DH or 2020 GT 350? 264788_2227151200176_3334729_n

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium