• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
And if Ford runs out the clock on MY24, it's a long wait to a big letdown huh?
Ford did say they cut short the last of the MY23 S550's so they could start on the MY24 S650's early. The MY24 production is supposed to be 18 months, APR23 to SEP24.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just don't understand the lack of planning. It's the equivalent of releasing the 350, but making 1 month of 350Rs then pausing for 6 months. They should've forecasted a number to get a couple of "warm months" of HP cars out, and pushed pirelli to meet that, knowing they would soon have the cold months where Ford wouldn't deliver cars with those tires anyway...

Just don't get it.
Yeah, Ford won't build a car because of a disposable part that ain't going to last 2 months anyway.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Yeah, Ford won't build a car because of a disposable part that ain't going to last 2 months anyway.
It's more about them not wanting to be liable for someone not being aware of, or not following the recommendations regarding those tires at lower temperatures. It's in the manual, and available per the tire OEM. I do not know if it's actually a production regulation.

If they wanted to, I'd think they could do some sort of regional phase-out as the average temps drop past normal operating temperatures based on historical data. Maybe not. IDK. Just a forum dweller.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's more about them not wanting to be liable for someone not being aware of, or not following the recommendations regarding those tires at lower temperatures. It's in the manual, and available per the tire OEM. I do not know if it's actually a production regulation.

If they wanted to, I'd think they could do some sort of regional phase-out as the average temps drop past normal operating temperatures based on historical data. Maybe not. IDK. Just a forum dweller.
Simple fix considering the small number of DH they are building. Get the dealers to contact the buyer and get them to sign a disclaimer specifically acknowledging the issues with the tires.

Alternatively, install All Season tires.

I would like to have the car and care less about a set of tires that Ford knows are going to be discarded almost immediately after the car is delivered.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
Note: "67P Dark Horse Handling Package will not be scheduled until April production"

Ford Scheduling Notes - 9.11.23-1.jpg
Ford Scheduling Notes - 9.11.23-2.jpg
Ford Scheduling Notes - 9.11.23-3.jpg
Ford Scheduling Notes - 9.11.23-4.jpg
Ford Scheduling Notes - 9.11.23-5.jpg
Fine with me I didn’t want my car in December January anyway and you know between now and spring will be more price increases and your price protected, so that extra 5000 option will pay off in the long run especially because less cars will be built with it.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fine with me I didn’t want my car in December January anyway and you know between now and spring will be more price increases and your price protected, so that extra 5000 option will pay off in the long run especially because less cars will be built with it.
Very true! Very unhappy with delay, but will likely wait it out for that very reason.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My production week just slid to the right. Now the week of 10/9. Anyone else in October move? I wonder if they're preparing for a strike?
Mine got moved from 10/2 to 10/9 also. Iam about done with it.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
My production week just slid to the right. Now the week of 10/9. Anyone else in October move? I wonder if they're preparing for a strike?
Yep— moved from 10/2 to 10/9. Atlas Blue GT Premium Convertible 401a package, active exhaust, auto.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
None of those are actually available cars, dealers put customer ordered cars onto their own and third party websites like that. There’s a blue ember DH 1.5 hours from me and when I called to confirm, he said it was a customer ordered car.
Yes, they are, quite a few of them are as I called about some of them before I got mine. I actually almost went to Ohio to get one and it was in this is it said it was. It is easy to tell by looking at how many pictures they have if they just have one picture and it’s the one that was like a factory picture or whatever then they don’t have it in there yet but the ones that they have quite a few pictures of they are at dealers. It is very easy to tell which ones are there and which ones are in transit

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I live in Texas, it gets cold, but there are days in January i could drive the car on the Trofeos. I'd take the car any time before next May/June on the HP tires, but not sure I have the choice.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse

I've heard it is also due to difficulty/dangerous for Ford Flatrock themselves to load these HP cars with summer only tires onto the transport vehicles for winter delivery. Hence not even warmer regions will get these HP cars built during those months.

But I absolutely agree it is so frustrating. Why can't they still build it to the exact specs, but put on an all season tire during those cold months and give the customers a voucher for the difference? Ugh...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse (ordered)
I don't think this is anything more than dealer BS, but my dealer told me this morning there might be a chance of still getting scheduled since their "allocations got put in before that [update about handling package scheduling] came out."

I don't really know what that means and I don't really believe there is any chance of getting scheduled at this point, but maybe there is a sliver of hope out there.

TXCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt. 2000 honda superblackbird.
There is an exception on the build and price page for the black painted roof in the NP option if your car is ordered as a black car, will the NP still hold up production or since the car is black already will they do package still?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I don't think this is anything more than dealer BS, but my dealer told me this morning there might be a chance of still getting scheduled since their "allocations got put in before that [update about handling package scheduling] came out."

I don't really know what that means and I don't really believe there is any chance of getting scheduled at this point, but maybe there is a sliver of hope out there.
My dealer said this may actually be a possibility as well. They got their allocation before this update came out. Ill report back what i hear.
Sponsored