• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Manual transmissions are dying a slow death.
Hybrid technology and the desire for increased efficiency would only seem to hasten their demise.
Electric production vehicles that are out now don't have gears to shift. All of them are a single speed (single speed step down transmission in the case of a Tesla Model). So a manual transmission really isn't feasible. Even if it was feasible, an electric vehicle's torque curve would break most traditional transmissions. Hold on to your manual now, I'll give the manual about 10 more years before it's only in a select few supercars.
Sponsored

DrGrabster

UK Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E63 Estate. 5.5L biturbo V8 rwd
The Mustang 2021 will not be a plug in hybrid but like the Prius have a battery and motor. This gives great mpg and additional torque. It will have gears and all the rest of the usual Mustangery. I just hope it has a real V8 rather than "V8 power".

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
The Mustang 2021 will not be a plug in hybrid but like the Prius have a battery and motor. This gives great mpg and additional torque. It will have gears and all the rest of the usual Mustangery. I just hope it has a real V8 rather than "V8 power".
There will still be a normal v8 but the hybrid will not be a electric motor in combination with a gas v8

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
There will still be a normal v8 but the hybrid will not be a electric motor in combination with a gas v8
Its funny was chatting to a few neighbours and one asked me if he can hear the engine, so fired her up on the RS and carried on chatting, said about a hybrid Stang in 2021, and they said NO WAY, you might as well buy a Prius. They said you will lose the sound, what is the point
Now these are not really car people, but they were 100% def about the hybrid

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Its funny was chatting to a few neighbours and one asked me if he can hear the engine, so fired her up on the RS and carried on chatting, said about a hybrid Stang in 2021, and they said NO WAY, you might as well buy a Prius. They said you will lose the sound, what is the point
Now these are not really car people, but they were 100% def about the hybrid
A comparison of a performance car hybrid system to a prius is just as nonsensical as comparing the V8 Mustang to a Nissan Sentra with a CVT transmission.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I'm shocked at how many people here don't really understand what a hybrid is.

The quickest 0-60 vehicle on earth right now is a hybrid with a NATURALLY ASPIRATED V8.

Go figure.

ansibe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP, Recaros, Koni Yellow, 350r springs.
This is exciting news, thanks for posting.

I think this will be among the first structural uses of CF in production vehicles - e92 M3 roof, and the GT350r wheels. The Alfa 4C also uses structural CF, in a big way, but in very limited numbers. What else is there, outside Ferrari, koenigsegg, McLaren, and the like.

I think this would be a great addition to the S650, it would take a little weight off the nose. It might also show up on the F150, just because of the massive volume of trucks sold.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
The F150 uses a Magnesium radiator module. They might go to it. given the nature of mag pricing at times.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Wake me up when it gets here...
:D

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Manual transmissions are dying a slow death.
Hybrid technology and the desire for increased efficiency would only seem to hasten their demise.
This may be why I never sell my 2015 Mustang... :D