• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FastLap57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350 LARIAT 4x4
So some secretary driving a four banger nno-turbo hybrid Mustang pulls up and smokes my 2016 GT350, BULLSHIT. Pesonally I'm tired of the tree hugging Politically Correctness.....burn that fossil fuel.

S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020 my girls

S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020 SETH3
Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
All I'm saying is this... if its priced like all the other Hybrids on the market today... and it comes out costing the price of a GT premium...

that crap will straight up flop

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Business men in the real world would never spend the monies our Government pays for technology.
That's because so called business men in the real world (especially one tweeting blow hard) have no clue at all what it really takes to design (to crazy specifications & requirements), manufacture and support (over it's entire lifetime) something like Air Force 1.

As far as the S650 ... it will be interesting to see what it really turns out to be, but my gut feeling is that the weight will increase (especially if AWD) and the cost will certainly increase. Oh wait, maybe someone should threaten Ford with tweets that high taxes will be put on all hybrid vehicles unless they are under 3200 lbs, have 500 HP and do 0 to 60 in 2.3 seconds or better and costs less than $35K loaded with options. :D

Last edited:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
what's the chances of a hybrid Mustang 3.5 EB with a 3.0 second 0-60 for $30k ?

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
what's the chances of a hybrid Mustang 3.5 EB with a 3.0 second 0-60 for $30k ?
I like the way you think, but I doubt that's what Ford has in mind.:D

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
There Will hopefully be a shelby of some sort with a v8... . If not, there are always porsche bmw m and maybe second hand Ferraris available.. I am not to concerned, for now let's enjoy what we have...

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
How many modded teslas you seen? I havent seen one thats going faster than what it came fron the factory with. Its hardly going to be cheap nor ideal for performance. Lets not kid ourselves here. If i wanted a hyrbid id buy a prius and for as much money as a tesla cost there is a lot of other cars worth buying for performance. Is it neat, i suppose.
Yeah. What software for that thing will be supportable
30 years from now when I want to rebuild it? Good luck finding a
5.25 floppy drive (I still have my first new car, 86 Capri 5.0,
so yes some people do keep cars that long).

There is not too much on my 14 GT that I could not diagnose and fix
if I kept it that long (or mod the crap out of it and something blows up).

Maybe the younger types that grew up with only the new tech will find
the software/electronics to be as simple as us old guys feel about
mechanical stuff, but I still think a 30 year old hybrid that is trashed, but
restorable could take years to diagnose in many cases (maybe not).

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
If its 500+ hp and under $45K Ill bite.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Seriously...just because there will be a hybrid option doesn't mean it's going to somehow erase all the years of V8 powered Mustangs..including the V8 Mustang it'll be available beside.
Sadly, many here just want to convince themselves that the sky is falling :headbonk:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Technology moves forward. Nothing wrong with hybrid power. Lots of super cars are using the tech already. Hasn't seamed to slow them down. I'm old enough to remember when people were bitching about going from carbs to fuel injection. Now a lot of people want direct injection. :shrug:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If its 500+ hp and under $45K Ill bite.
If it also weighs less than 3800 lbs and sounds as good as the Voodoo and Coyote, maybe...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Technology moves forward. Nothing wrong with hybrid power. Lots of super cars are using the tech already. Hasn't seamed to slow them down. I'm old enough to remember when people were bitching about going from carbs to fuel injection. Now a lot of people want direct injection. :shrug:
There's nothing wrong with the concept of hybrid or EV technology.

But it should stand on its own merits and earn deserved recognition for its own name - and if it's any good, it will.

Trading on the reputation of one of the world's longest continuously running model names has greater risk of diluting that name than of improving perception of the EV/hybrid technologies. In the words of some guy named Shelby, "if the car is any good, the name won't matter, and if it isn't no name will save it".

It appears that Porsche understands this - no hybrid or EV 911's, Caymans, or Boxsters. Even Chevrolet does for their sporty/muscular models, at least so far.

Norm

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Just waiting for the day when i go to my local drag strip and see a mustang and camaro at the starting line getting ready to face off. Both hybrids with tiny little motors. American muscle at its finest huh? What a sad future.:doh:
Then buy classics like all the other old school guys?:lol:

You all act like it's the end of the V8 for EVERYTHING, past and new. It's not even stated that the V8 is going ANYWHERE. You will still have a V8 option, bet on it.
Sponsored