• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
There is also a side marker light on the white street version as well...

Fingers crossed there is a less extreme version available as well...something like the 911 GT3 Touring please!
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
There's an SHW rotor beneath those wheels as well.

I believe you are looking at over a quarter of a million dollars for the full zoot GT3 street car. This isn't going to be easy to come by as some may have been thinking.
There's no way this car is 250k. Not the road car at least. The zo6 which is based on its own gt3 car starts at a about 100k. That's a flat plane crank mid-engine supercar. I'm guessing the road going version of this starts about about 70 grand. Maybe getting up to around 100k maxed out. That would place it firmly between the dark horse and the 2026 gt500 in pricing and performance.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
There's no way this car is 250k. Not the road car at least. The zo6 which is based on its own gt3 car starts at a about 100k. That's a flat plane crank mid-engine supercar. I'm guessing the road going version of this starts about about 70 grand. Maybe getting up to around 100k maxed out. That would place it firmly between the dark horse and the 2026 gt500 in pricing and performance.
All depends on how "GT3" they want to make the car. If they want carbon body panels, unique engine, roll cage, etc. It's going to be more than any GT500.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS

I believe you are looking at over a quarter of a million dollars for the full zoot GT3 street car. This isn't going to be easy to come by as some may have been thinking.
Not. A. Chance.

Dollars to donuts a street going version foregoes most, if not all, of that carbon fiber.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Still waiting for the dimensional details on how the are obtaining 5.4 liters from a Coyote based engine...
This is the big question because technically speaking with current bore spacing itā€™s impossible without a new block or they made the stroke longer than the 5.2 but then piston speed issues are back just like the good old 5.4 days lmfao

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
All depends on how "GT3" they want to make the car. If they want carbon body panels, unique engine, roll cage, etc. It's going to be more than any GT500.
I don't think it's going all out. It's mostly likely going to take some elements like the 5.4, and maybe a handful of the areo elements. Looking at all of the other gt3 homologation cars, that's how they do it.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Read this paragraph Dark Horse and the Future of Global Ford Motorsports
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...09/14/ford-introduces-mustang-dark-horse.html
Thanks. Got this from it:

"Ford is returning to factory-backed GT3 racing with an all-new Mustang GT3 IMSA race car that will also be available for customers, starting with 24 Hours of Daytona in 2024. Created by Ford Performance and Multimatic, the Ford Mustang GT3, powered by a 5.4-liter Coyote-based V8 engine, will deliver the full endurance racing potential of a Ford Mustang for customers globally.

A new Mustang GT4 available for customers will also debut in the 2023 season and will be available for global GT4 classes in IMSA, SRO and FIA GT."

But still doesn't give me any clarity on street vs. track only, even if it can be bought by average joe. Sorry not really versed on if GT4 and GT3 cars are usually available to be titled. I know Porsche has 911 GT3. Either way it's gonna be out of my budget!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Not. A. Chance.
That's what I thought. Word is Multimatic is involved in the street version as well. It just so happens that Ford GT production is ending, providing an opportunity to engage the assets in place with another project. This one is well beyond the last GT500 that Ford produced. There is word that it will use a Tremec DCT too.
Sorry not really versed on if GT4 and GT3 cars are usually available to be titled. I know Porsche has 911 GT3. Either way it's gonna be out of my budget!
When it comes to Ford, their GT4 Mustang cannot be titled and the race version of the GT3 will be no different. You're right about pricing, going to be significantly higher than what we are used to seeing in the Mustang world. Unsure of whether the car will be the result of homologation or not...

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '02 4Runner

I see where you are coming from. But isnt there also going to be a GT4 model? I think the s550 GT4 sold for around $250k? So if you are right, then i guess for the money you can either get a track only car or a street legal GT3 (assuming the s650 GT4 stays the sasme price). I guess i am saying i am surprised that ford will offer 2 cars at the same price point.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a44185000/ford-mustang-gt3-v-8/

In this article Mark Rushbrook, head of Ford Performance, talks about selling 30-50 GT3 cars easily. Since the GT3 car doesn't need to have a street legal counterpart I doubt that we'll see any 5.4L Mustangs any time soon.
Essentially there are two options for s street legal GT3 car as mentioned by Farley:

A street legal GT3 car. As mentioned in the text they might build some 30-50 or maybe 100 cars but they have zero in common with the regular Mustang. They would cost 250K and would therefore be almost unattainable for the vast majority. It wouldnā€™t earn Ford a lot of money and I doubt that these cars would be brand building eitherā€¦ At 250K there are a lot of GT3 cars that can be bought but owning a street legal version in and off itself isnā€™t special enough in my opinion. What made the old CLK GTR cars so special and valuable is the fact that Mercedes not just won a few races but simply dominated the entire league. I donā€™t see the Mustang doing thatā€¦
Again, nice PR stunt but apart from that I donā€™t knowā€¦

Option 2 is a Mustang with a bit GT3 stuff in it. That car would cost something around 80K I guessā€¦ Itā€™s mentioned in the text that all GT3 cars have around 500hp but are limited in one way or another. Itā€™s well explained in the article. I donā€™t think though that anyone would be interested in yet another 5.0 Mustang north of the Dark Horse that offers nothing essentially newā€¦
Anyhow, I donā€™t know how easily Ford could increase the displacement to 5.4Lā€¦ If that wouldnā€™t require too much effort (time and money wise) I can actually see them doing that essentially giving us a 5.4L GT350. Itā€™s also mentioned that they increase the displacement in order to increase the endurance of the vehicleā€¦

To sum it up, I would love to see an attainable 5.4L S650 Mustang.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
There's zero market for a street legal GT-series car. Turn key race cars are going to live in a trailer and at the track, and all of the unique chassis construction and technology would be out of place for street driving. What makes them expensive would price them out of any plausible market, and there's literally no point in compromising a turn-key race car to make it street legal anyway.

The closest thing you'll ever find is "[Name of brand's turnkey race car]-inspired." Take the 911 RS/R/CUP series cars. Not street legal, and no point in making them street legal. You can go buy a GT3/GT3 RS for half the price or less, and it'll have a full interior, basic amenities that would make you seem like less of a serial killer for tolerating driving one on a public road, and ultimately be a completely different car despite the conceptual and aesthetic similarities.

Whatever Ford makes, it'll be an obvious-in-hindsight model "inspired" by the GT3, if they even choose to do that. They could release a DH replacement that's lateral in the hierarchy, or wedge something in higher, and it might have jack-all to do with the GT3.

"Inspired" or "based" on the GT3 could be as simple as mirror basic aero principles and design elements, adapting a 5.4L displacement, or having some level of technology trickle down. But it'll have less to do with a GT3 and more to do with the basic S650.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.