• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
S650 Mustang Exit Warning For Road Users unveiled for 2024 Mustangs 1688747649982

ARRIVING ON 2024 MUSTANG: FORD EXIT WARNING FOR ROAD USERS

Ford is unveiling a new driver assistance feature called Exit Warning*, which will be available to customers this summer on all models of the all-new 2024 Ford Mustang to help safely share the road and protect vulnerable road users like cyclists, scooter riders and pedestrians.

If a vulnerable road user is approaching the Mustang, it warns the driver before they open their door. Here is how it works:

• When the Mustang is in park, using radar on the vehicleā€™s rear, Exit Warning will identify vulnerable road users traveling at least 4 miles per hour - roughly 1/3 the speed of an average cyclist.
  • If a vulnerable road user is approaching and could be impacted when opening the door, Exit Warning will use audio and visual alerts to notify the driver via Ford SYNC, on the Mustangā€™s instrument cluster and the side mirror.
  • The tech will even remain active for up to 3 minutes after the ignition is turned off, including audio and visual alerts in the cluster and touch screen.
With summer in full swing, itā€™s important for drivers to safely share the road with those who may be out commuting or enjoying the warm weather ā€“ according to NHTSA, cycling accidents are most common from June through September. This feature on the 2024 Mustang is one example of how Ford is thinking about the safety of road users.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...g-for-road-users-arrives-on-2024-mustang.html

VIDEO:

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Thatā€™s neat

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
that's a pretty cool feature
now to wait for the one person who hates any new feature to complain

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Lol I appreciate features but who opens their door that slowly? Good shots of Atlas blue in there

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Would never have guessed Ford to be the one to roll something like this out early on, think this feature is currently only on the German Big 3

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I used to Uber passengers around and they would always swing the door open with no regard, this is an under rated feature.

NotAMustangFanYet_011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not A Mustang
Why do those seats have 3 million white perforated holes in them? If that's what the standard seats look like, I am deeply disappointed.

Last edited:

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
that's a pretty cool feature
now to wait for the one person who hates any new feature to complain
I'll bite. I think my eyeballs almost got stuck in the top of my head rolling back upon seeing this wonderful feature. If it works for passing cars, then ok I suppose.

Last edited:

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Ok, Guess it's a great feature if you're too stupid or lazy & can't look before whipping the door open. Maybe it's just me but no damn way I'm opening the door without looking first!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Ok, Guess it's a great feature if you're too stupid or lazy & can't look before whipping the door open. Maybe it's just me but no damn way I'm opening the door without looking first!
It's not just you, and totally agree.
Anyone with half a brain and a modicum of situational awareness will recognize this tech is very clever, BUT it contributes to the dumbing down and people not being able to think for themselves.
I mean, come on, common f'ing sense to check the mirrors and look over your shoulder before opening the door.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
It's not just you, and totally agree.
Anyone with half a brain and a modicum of situational awareness will recognize this tech is very clever, BUT it contributes to the dumbing down and people not being able to think for themselves.
I mean, come on, common f'ing sense to check the mirrors and look over your shoulder before opening the door.
Common sense isnā€™t too common and it comes and goes I feel aswell. Sometimes youā€™re in a rush and ready to jump out, could end up saving you a few bucks in a lawsuit or another way people try to suck money from others or losing a door.
Sponsored