• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
"Verdict: A drastic improvement on previous Mustang GTs that has us eagerly anticipating the hotter versions to come."

Motortrend about to start a knife fight in the comments lol

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
The guy testing the cars said he owned a hellcat at one time. He could have been a Challenger salesman. He seemed to find fault with everything about the Mustang and drooled all over the Challenger. Totally biased from the get-go.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The guy testing the cars said he owned a hellcat at one time. He could have been a Challenger salesman. He seemed to find fault with everything about the Mustang and drooled all over the Challenger. Totally biased from the get-go.
Everything sounded objective to me, yet there were inconsistent remarks that sound at odds with prior majority evals.

Called the steering fast, when the majority of press opinions have called it a hair better than slow.

Also figured it would’ve been a no-brainer clarification that the difference in 0-60 entirely comes down to the transmissions, not the gearboxes. Very little mention that the 1/4 was identical with a much higher trap in the 650, and the explanation for the 0-60 delta was about the peaky powerband, when it’s really down to that powerband being mated to the MT82D4 and its Grand Canyon-sized gears.

I didn’t realize that everything meaningful that could be adjusted is entirely locked to the drive modes though. My GT could adjust steering independent of throttle and traction, and my GT350 could adjust steering, throttle, suspension, and exhaust independently. Can anyone confirm that? If so, massive mistake that Ford should fix for ‘25 and remedy for ‘24s via an OTA update.

More good feedback about how much more buttoned down the GT is versus the 550 though. That was a major annoyance for me.

5.0S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Odd they put 6spd vs the 8spd and yet the performance was mostly the same. "the challenger is only good in the straight line" Runs the same as the manual gt in straight line and worse at everything else. "I'm having a hard time picking a winner" weird review.

ShaBoingBoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Garbage comparison. Why put an auto against a manual? Why say the challenger is faster when the cars have the same 1/4 mile but the mustang has the faster et?

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Way to compare a manual to an auto Motor Trend and not even mention the automatic Mustang would smoke that thing on the track and a straight line and then go forward with posting this garbage video without mention that it isn't apples to apples.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, that was a weird review. And it's almost like the reviewer had seen other reviews of the '24 and just wanted to say something different.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I hate his reviews. He always strikes me as a whiny bitch. Sorry...also his voice sounds like Remi in Ratatouille

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything sounded objective to me, yet there were inconsistent remarks that sound at odds with prior majority evals.

Called the steering fast, when the majority of press opinions have called it a hair better than slow.

Also figured it would’ve been a no-brainer clarification that the difference in 0-60 entirely comes down to the transmissions, not the gearboxes. Very little mention that the 1/4 was identical with a much higher trap in the 650, and the explanation for the 0-60 delta was about the peaky powerband, when it’s really down to that powerband being mated to the MT82D4 and its Grand Canyon-sized gears.

I didn’t realize that everything meaningful that could be adjusted is entirely locked to the drive modes though. My GT could adjust steering independent of throttle and traction, and my GT350 could adjust steering, throttle, suspension, and exhaust independently. Can anyone confirm that? If so, massive mistake that Ford should fix for ‘25 and remedy for ‘24s via an OTA update.

More good feedback about how much more buttoned down the GT is versus the 550 though. That was a major annoyance for me.
So, are you including his take on the styling and the interior?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
He's calling the Challenger being quicker as a point in it's favor based on 0.3-s different 0-60 times? When it has an auto and the 'Stang has a stick?

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
The steering is faster for sure. What I've seen repeatedly in the reviews is that the steering is vague, but never that it's slow. I find the steering somewhat vague for sure, but predictable. And, noticeably faster.

I was surprised by this when I got my car as well. If you learn the controls, there is a little flexibility, but nothing like in the S550. Most modes don't let you change anything but the dash layout. Mine is M6, so throttle response is highly configurable. 😉 And I agree that they should update the configurability of the car.

Last edited:

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He's calling the Challenger being quicker as a point in it's favor based on 0.3-s different 0-60 times? When it has an auto and the 'Stang has a stick?
Plus, how would the 1/4 mile time improve with the auto.
Sponsored