• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is Maintenance Plan worth it?

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Hello everyone,

Has anyone of you opted for the maintenance plan from Ford?

It basically covers oil changes, tire rotations, brake pads, wiper blades etc. The usual wear items that need constant replacing.

Do you think it is worth opting in for this?

Drop your opinions below, TIA!

S650 Mustang Is Maintenance Plan worth it? 1
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
How much does it cost on these new ponies? I checked Granger, but I don't see pricing on their site, like they do with the premium care stuff.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hello everyone,

Has anyone of you opted for the maintenance plan from Ford?

It basically covers oil changes, tire rotations, brake pads, wiper blades etc. The usual wear items that need constant replacing.

Do you think it is worth opting in for this?

Drop your opinions below, TIA!

1.jpg
IMO, I say no.

The reason I say this is because in the first 30,000 or even 60,000 miles, it's very unlikely your car will require any routine maintenance beyond fluid top offs and oil/filter changes, which are inexpensive.

Also, Ford dealers typically perform inspections of your components as a complimentary service when you come in for an oil change and will let you know if/when additional work is needed.

I ran the numbers and the Maintenance Plan becomes exponentially more expensive beyond 60,000 miles and/or 5 years.

That said, YMMV (no pun intended). If you will be driving the car a lot on long commutes or doing a ton of heavy racing, that will cause more wear/tear on your components and will require more frequent maintenance.

Last edited:

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
When considering this, don't forget to factor in the time value of money. Can you put some maintenance money away in a high-yield CD for 9 or 12 months? I went for the warranty, but I'd rather pay for maintenance as I go. If you go anywhere other than a Ford dealer, just make sure you keep your receipts from an ASE-certified mechanic shop.

I ran into issues with a GE warranty claim years ago when they hassled me over my DIY oil changes. They wanted to reject it flat out, claiming just because I bought the oil & filter didn't mean I poured it in correctly, or at all. If I didn't have my receipts, I would have lost my claim! I'll DIY after my warranty period ends...but I'll be a decade older then so who knows!

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
My dealer gave me free maintenance for life with purchase of my ‘24 GT, so that may tell you what it’s worth…

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My dealer gave me free maintenance for life with purchase of my ‘24 GT, so that may tell you what it’s worth…
Whaaat!? I’ve never heard that before. What all does that free maintenance include?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Short answer: No
Long answer: Maybe if they cover pads used up at the track. Still probably no though

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Per the fine print, that only includes Oil/Filter Changes and Tire Rotations. So not really as great of a deal as they advertise.

The Ford Maintenance Plan, to its credit, includes a lot more repairs.
Yup. It’s free for me though, so that’s 🤷

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the insights guys.

I did some numbers:

Depending on the frequency of visits and number of years covered, the plan varies. For an estimate, 7 Years / 75k miles / 5k interval, making 15 service visits, it will cost around $2000 CAD (I live in Canada) for the maintenance plan.

I'm going to use my Mustang as a daily driver but I wouldn't put any insane amount of miles on it. Assuming 1 oil change every 6 months and 1 tire rotation every 6 months; that's around ~$300-350 CAD each year ($150-$175 for (oil change + Tire Rotation) x 2 times/year). So if I calculate for 15 service visits over 7 years, it's going to be $2250-$2750 which would make it break even.

On top of that, we are getting the benefit of wiper blades replacement, break pads, shock absorbers, engine belts, spark plugs etc. By doing this numbers, I am thinking it will be worth it.

What do you guys think?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My dealer used to offer two years free maintenance when you bought new from them. I'd get the paperwork, and it would show the price of the LOF and labor. Now days, esp when these cars take 10qrts of oil, that is a $180 oil change.

They offered me a 3/36 oil change/rotate plan that would make the service be $40 each LOF and tire rotate.. I declined, but have 30 days to sign up. I just don't want to be confined to their schedule definition.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks for the insights guys.

I did some numbers:

Depending on the frequency of visits and number of years covered, the plan varies. For an estimate, 7 Years / 75k miles / 5k interval, making 15 service visits, it will cost around $2000 CAD (I live in Canada) for the maintenance plan.

I'm going to use my Mustang as a daily driver but I wouldn't put any insane amount of miles on it. Assuming 1 oil change every 6 months and 1 tire rotation every 6 months; that's around ~$300-350 CAD each year ($150-$175 for (oil change + Tire Rotation) x 2 times/year). So if I calculate for 15 service visits over 7 years, it's going to be $2250-$2750 which would make it break even.

On top of that, we are getting the benefit of wiper blades replacement, break pads, shock absorbers, engine belts, spark plugs etc. By doing this numbers, I am thinking it will be worth it.

What do you guys think?
Beyond wipers, what you have listed aren't items that are frequently needed enough to factor a benefit.