• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is Maintenance Plan worth it?

MeMyselfandI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I did not take the maintenance plan but my dealer did mention you got a free key replacement with the plan. They said to just request a new fob with your first oil change. Not sure how much that costs but it would likely be at least a couple hundred dollar benefit.
Sponsored

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium Convertible
My buddy just had an oil change on his F150 at our Ford dealer. Next day noticed oil on the garage floor under his truck. He found the oil filter finger tight. He thought he dodged a bullet.

I am a do-it-yourself guy. I once bought the Mrs. a new Volvo that came with free maintenance. The dealer's mechanics were absolute butchers. For example, the first time they dropped the diaper to change the oil, they stripped 3 of the 5 diaper retaining bolts. Didn't helicoil them, just loosely stuffed the bolts back in and hoped they wouldn't fall out. Also caught them red-handed not performing maintenance work they said they did. Find an honest, competent, independent shop.

Last edited:

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
My dealer used to offer two years free maintenance when you bought new from them. I'd get the paperwork, and it would show the price of the LOF and labor. Now days, esp when these cars take 10qrts of oil, that is a $180 oil change.

They offered me a 3/36 oil change/rotate plan that would make the service be $40 each LOF and tire rotate.. I declined, but have 30 days to sign up. I just don't want to be confined to their schedule definition.
10 qts of 5w30 synthetic is $90 at my Ford dealer. It’s $75i think for blend.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Hello everyone,

Has anyone of you opted for the maintenance plan from Ford?

It basically covers oil changes, tire rotations, brake pads, wiper blades etc. The usual wear items that need constant replacing.

Do you think it is worth opting in for this?

Drop your opinions below, TIA!

1.jpg
I have the Maintenance plan and extended warning with my 2020 F150 Limited.
IT Covers at no extra charge for,
Oil Change, I believe 4 times a year. I do my oil every three months and rotate the tires. I don’t think you have to do 4 oil changes a year? My dealer doesn’t care when I use them. Because I have the 3.5 HO Ecoboost I changr the oil more frequently..
Also, at no charge to me is,
wiper blade, ALL air filters, brakes & I can’t remember what else.
I believe it is for 36 months?
Is it worth it.
It is for me.
I don’t know the price for the 2024 Mustang?
When mine comes in I will definitely check it out.

Last edited:

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
How much does it cost on these new ponies? I checked Granger, but I don't see pricing on their site, like they do with the premium care stuff.
These Ponies have a lot of new technology that can shoot Craps even after the 36,000/36 months warranty is over.
I known you can purchase the extra warranty at any time, but if you want it may cost more?

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Beyond wipers, what you have listed aren't items that are frequently needed enough to factor a benefit.
Engine and Cab air filters are included..
The Coyote has two air filters.
Sponsored