• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is anyone else disappointed with the GT Performance Pack??

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
Good luck seeing out of the Camaro.

And I have a personal beef wih GM. So for me, they were never an option.
totally have to agree, also I think the Mustang has a much better balanced look to it. The Camaro looks like someone rolled it and the roof was flattened down a bit.
Sponsored

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
I was a GM diehard.
The Corvette and the Camaro have always been more about looks than being able to see out of them but, the new generation of Camaro just looks like something stepped on it. I never liked the look of that body.

I did however take the 6.2 out of a wrecked one and deposited it in my 68 C10, so they do make great donor cars.

The mustang design is more appealing to me than any GM car and I love the 70s GM cars.

I did not think the performance pack was worth the bill, it seems to be centered around the drift brake. I am actually kind of shocked Ford would encourage such a thing. I see a lot of broken and wrecked GT PP in the future.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The flattened , visibilty comments are old news.
but still a valid observation. I was nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs whenever I wanted to change lanes to the right... At least with 2SS/ZL1 you get the side sensors.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The main thing that disappoints me with the S650 is the Instrument Cluster.

I'm still struggling to get over how gaudy the two tablets look. They didn't even try to hide the value engineering.

That said, what else am I going to buy if not the S650? I don't want a Truck/SUV and foreign is not an option.
There are several options if you don't mind buying a 4 or 6 cylinder car. Quite frankly almost all other options are either faster, cheaper, have superior built quality or something of everything.

The Camaro is most likely still faster, if not it's at least a hell lot cheaper.
The new BMW M2 is faster, like way faster and has a much better built quality. It doesn't offer a V8 though and is slitghly more expensive. Besides, it's much smaller.
There are other options but at the end of the day it comes down to what you want. A somewhat modern car with a V8... Mustang is your only option. A track tool? M2 is probably the go to choice.
I would like the Mustang to be a bargain V8 that is somewhat decent fast. Unfortunately it isn't a bargain anymore in the EU and it's also not decent fast over here.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I was a GM diehard.
The Corvette and the Camaro have always been more about looks than being able to see out of them but, the new generation of Camaro just looks like something stepped on it. I never liked the look of that body.

I did however take the 6.2 out of a wrecked one and deposited it in my 68 C10, so they do make great donor cars.

The mustang design is more appealing to me than any GM car and I love the 70s GM cars.

I did not think the performance pack was worth the bill, it seems to be centered around the drift brake. I am actually kind of shocked Ford would encourage such a thing. I see a lot of broken and wrecked GT PP in the future.
Wrecked Mustangs is what Ford wants. Buying a new one!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Supras and M2s could be considered competitors if they didnā€™t sound like fart cans

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
There are several options if you don't mind buying a 4 or 6 cylinder car. Quite frankly almost all other options are either faster, cheaper, have superior built quality or something of everything.

The Camaro is most likely still faster, if not it's at least a hell lot cheaper.
The new BMW M2 is faster, like way faster and has a much better built quality. It doesn't offer a V8 though and is slitghly more expensive. Besides, it's much smaller.
There are other options but at the end of the day it comes down to what you want. A somewhat modern car with a V8... Mustang is your only option. A track tool? M2 is probably the go to choice.
I would like the Mustang to be a bargain V8 that is somewhat decent fast. Unfortunately it isn't a bargain anymore in the EU and it's also not decent fast over here.
I have a bone to pick with GM, so I'm boycotting them.

I know there are foreign options, but I really want to Buy American.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The base Performance Package is more or less a setup similiar to a base Camaro. If you want a track ready upgrade like 1LE you have to go for a Dark Horse. They introduced a Performance Package 2 with Gen 6 refresh which was quite similiar to 1LE, but they moved the package to a standalone model with the Mach 1 and now Dark Horse.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
To be frank I could see it both ways. I would still end up getting it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Camaro is ok, but I by far prefer the Coyote engine over the engine in the Camaro. I realize the 7G Mustang has direct injection, but at least Ford didn't cheap out and do direct injection only. I'd like a little longevity, please.

And then there's cylinder deactivation - great technology, let's glaze the cylinder walls by operating the pistons with no load on them. That is just lovely for keeping a good ring seal, making power and preventing future engine problems.

Now, I do often only keep cars for a couple years, so I could potentially buy anyway and not worry about those things I see as major flaws. However I also don't like how the pushrod engines make power. The DOHC Ford engines are a lot more fun in my opinion.

I really wanted to buy a Camaro because I've owned too many Mustangs, but I just couldn't do it. Just the engine by itself makes it a non-starter for me. And there are a lot of other things I dislike - I'm already getting too verbose here so I won't go into them.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You purchased a 6th Gen Camaro and never complained about the massacred Alpha platform that required 10 sets of subframe connectors but are worried about performance now?

If Chevy would have restored the Aloha platform back to ATS standards, you may never had to buy a Mustang. šŸ¤£

The weakest link was the neutered Alpha platform GM decided outfit with everything from the Corvette parts bin. Then push that on enthusiast for a premium over the Mustang.

Ever wonder why Chevy sudden shut up about all the Camaros details once it was released in 2016? Strange they always tried to hide the bare Camaro structureā€¦ itā€™s almost as if they were concerned enthusiast may notice the entire structure between the B and C pillar were completely removed. šŸ˜‚

The Camaro required thicker rubber because it was riding on a limp structureā€¦ Letā€™s do the twist!!!

I had a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE, the "1LE" being the track pack. My Camaro's front tires were wider than anything on the GT PP!... Plus they are forged wheels!

I won't cancel my order, but I feel like what you get with the PP is kind of weak.

1686057961129.png

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
You purchased a 6th Gen Camaro and never complained about the massacred Alpha platform that required 10 sets of subframe connectors but are worried about performance now?

If Chevy would have restored the Aloha platform back to ATS standards, you may never had to buy a Mustang. šŸ¤£

The weakest link was the neutered Alpha platform GM decided outfit with everything from the Corvette parts bin. Then push that on enthusiast for a premium over the Mustang.

Ever wonder why Chevy sudden shut up about all the Camaros details once it was released in 2016? Strange they always tried to hide the bare Camaro structureā€¦ itā€™s almost as if they were concerned enthusiast may notice the entire structure between the B and C pillar were completely removed. šŸ˜‚

The Camaro required thicker rubber because it was riding on a limp structureā€¦ Letā€™s do the twist!!!
Yet it was still a superior platform over the S550 and that's not MY opinion but some of the people who track these cars quite often. "Neutered" or not, the Camaro is/was a better handler.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
There's nothing to be disappointed with. The Performance pack is bad to the bone. I had the opportunity of spending some time with one for a few days and it's awesome. The car drives so nice and the brakes are comparable to the 2020+ Shelby GT500.

I'll have tons of content rolling out once I get the nod that it's ok to post.
Sponsored