• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dirty Backside (Mustang GT with Performance Pack)?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
If it is ceramic coated, you can blow 98% of the water off the vehicle in half a minute. Only use the towel for any leftover beads in odd places. The blower is good for getting water out of cracks and crevices, too.
I guess I'll have to wait until after the 13th. Ceramic time.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I've had my GT for a months now and have noticed the back gets quite dusty/dirty whereas the rest of the vehicle stay clean (no rain). I am guessing the rear spoiler/wing is setting up eddy currents that pulls air up from the street.
Thoughts?

As the vehicle goes through the air it creats low pressure behind the car.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it is ceramic coated, you can blow 98% of the water off the vehicle in half a minute. Only use the towel for any leftover beads in odd places. The blower is good for getting water out of cracks and crevices, too.
I washed mine today. My battery powered leaf blower (530 CFM EGO) did a good job (on highest speed). Problem is the battery got overheated and the blower shutdown about 95% done. I expect it will do a faster job once I get Ceramic on the 13th.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
All vehicles get more dirty on the back side. Spoiler, no spoiler, truck, car etc…. It’s the aerodynamics of the automobile.
A truly "functional" spoiler will help reduce the turbulence off the trunk which will reduce the dirt/dust collection. Aside from that, it's gonna happen.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
You drive a cleaner life than I do! I'm up to 400 miles and about to give her another bath. I hate handling the trunk area (open/close) with all that dust/dirt. My Ceramic appointment is on the 13th of this month. After that I may not be as touchy.
I get our F150 washed once a week.
I pay by the month at my local car wash.
I can get it done as many times as I want.
Usually once a week unless it rains, snow or we get in the Colorado Mountains.
The Mustang GT will get the same.
It will Shine like a Diamond in a Goats Ass!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I washed mine today. My battery powered leaf blower (530 CFM EGO) did a good job (on highest speed). Problem is the battery got overheated and the blower shutdown about 95% done. I expect it will do a faster job once I get Ceramic on the 13th.
As did I.

First time using a foam cannon. I'm sure I'll learn how to tweak things to my liking the more I use it, but it did good.

Used my Dewalt DCBL722B 450 CFM blower. Still had plenty on the 5AH battery when I was done. If it would have run out, I have half a dozen backups ... :like:

Amazon guy delivered my detailing stool just before I got started. It went up ~$5 since I ordered it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097DGQTLP

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
because of the shape, when it rains, water never gets in there. It's scooped.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Yeah, and the rear panel below the spoiler holds water like a mofo.

MidLifeManifustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Convertible, 21 Explorer ST
I have big trees above my driveway and no garage (yet) so I’ve been using a leaf blower once or twice per day to blow the springtime tree garbage off my GT ‘vert.

I have PPF on the front clip and ceramic on the rest and it’s still going to need a proper wash at least weekly because of all the rain and dust in my neighborhood.

Thankful I didn’t opt for black because I’d be washing it daily or losing my mind.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A truly "functional" spoiler will help reduce the turbulence off the trunk which will reduce the dirt/dust collection. Aside from that, it's gonna happen.
That's what I thought. I remember an old Chevy Blazer I had back in the early 70s. It would pullup all kinds of crap from the road until I purchased a "deflector" from the dealer. Much better.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As did I.

First time using a foam cannon. I'm sure I'll learn how to tweak things to my liking the more I use it, but it did good.

Used my Dewalt DCBL722B 450 CFM blower. Still had plenty on the 5AH battery when I was done. If it would have run out, I have half a dozen backups ... :like:

Amazon guy delivered my detailing stool just before I got started. It went up ~$5 since I ordered it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097DGQTLP
That detailing stool looks great! My back gives my fit by the time I'm done washing and drying the sides.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I don't think most spoilers become functional until you reach higher speeds. I really don't think they make much difference at highway speeds.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think most spoilers become functional until you reach higher speeds. I really don't think they make much difference at highway speeds.
Probably correct.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
You'd be surprised how much downforce a proper spoiler/wing will provide at speeds of 65+. They're main benefit is reducing lift, therefore providing some functionality, albeit minimal till you reach speeds near 100+. And again, they're not at their best without a front splitter. Gotta keep the car balanced..aerodynamically.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I have the same problem. That rear panel with the GT emblem gets dirtier than any other part of the car. Some of it sticks and is hard to get off. I'm going to get PPF on the front part of the car eventually, and I may have them do that one panel at the back if they can work around the emblem.
Sponsored