• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is anyone else disappointed with the GT Performance Pack??

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
It's a bargain for what you get. I mean if you want a Camaro, nobody is stopping anyone.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I had a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE, the "1LE" being the track pack. My Camaro's front tires were wider than anything on the GT PP!... Plus they are forged wheels!

I won't cancel my order, but I feel like what you get with the PP is kind of weak.

1686057961129.png
I thought the 1LE was more like the Dark Horse? If that is the case then I think both are very closely equipped. I dont know Camaro's though so I could be wrong.

phillymike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
A 2SS with the 1LE package is a monster and yes would be an even match for a DH HP or Mach 1 HP at about 10-15K less MSRP.

But you still have to drive the thing when you are not on the track...

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Am I crazy or is the PP $2k less than it was on the S550

At just under $5k, it's a B-grade deal

It would be a no-brainer if they included the magneride dampers, which it honestly should, given that it's the "performance" package

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I had a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE, the "1LE" being the track pack. My Camaro's front tires were wider than anything on the GT PP!... Plus they are forged wheels!

I won't cancel my order, but I feel like what you get with the PP is kind of weak.

1686057961129.png
Good luck seeing out of the Camaro.

And I have a personal beef wih GM. So for me, they were never an option.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I am disappointed with the wheel sizing. Easily fixed with aftermarket, but they want you to move on to the Dark Horse for proper sizing. Other than that it is what it is. As far as Magnaride, I would move on to the Ford Performance Track Kit if its available for the S650.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The main thing that disappoints me with the S650 is the Instrument Cluster.

I'm still struggling to get over how gaudy the two tablets look. They didn't even try to hide the value engineering.

That said, what else am I going to buy if not the S650? I don't want a Truck/SUV and foreign is not an option.

Last edited:

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I am disappointed with the wheel sizing. Easily fixed with aftermarket, but they want you to move on to the Dark Horse for proper sizing. Other than that it is what it is. As far as Magnaride, I would move on to the Ford Performance Track Kit if its available for the S650.
But, those wider wheels are only on the Dark Horse with the handling package. If you don't check that box, you get the same width tires and wheels as on the GT PP.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
But, those wider wheels are only on the Dark Horse with the handling package. If you don't check that box, you get the same width tires and wheels as on the GT PP.
That goes back to Ferd trying to make money. It didn't work with the M1, it won't work with the DH.
The GT PP and the DH base should come better equipped in the wheel/ tire department. For the people wanting the PP (don't laugh), I'm sure they would gladly pay another 1.5K for the package for a better setup.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
That goes back to Ferd trying to make money. It didn't work with the M1, it won't work with the DH.
The GT PP and the DH base should come better equipped in the wheel/ tire department. For the people wanting the PP (don't laugh), I'm sure they would gladly pay another 1.5K for the package for a better setup.
I agree that there should be a 285/305 option for the GT.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

I think the DH wheels are 9.5" wide front and 10" rear, like the out going Mach1. You are correct on the tire sizes though. Still way undersized for a car the size and weight of a Mustang.

S650 Mustang Is anyone else disappointed with the GT Performance Pack?? 1686073006305

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
To be fair, Ford did offer a similar package to the 1LE, the PP2 package at $6,500. Cost wise, a GT with the PP2 was comparable to an SS with 1LE. With that said, the 1LE with diff cooler and Tremec was overall a better value. I drove an ‘18 SS 1LE back to back with a Mustang GT PP1 when I was shopping. The Camaro was far better in performance and almost felt boring to me to drive. It was that good. The Mustang just felt more raw, not to mention the sound of the Coyote. I ended up ordering a Mustang with the PP2 package. Outside the diff cooler, it is on par with the SS 1LE (I personally don’t mind the MT82-D4 even coming from a Tremec in my GTO). Find yourself a good used 2018-2020 GT with the PP2 option if you don’t want the Camaro. If you are going to track the car on a regular basis, you can add a good diff cooler for less than $2K. The SS 1LE will be hard to beat for what you get at that price point though.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
Also, I would like to add that there are no dealers (that I'm aware of) who have offered a serious discount on Camaro orders. There is also no easy way of gaining access to something like X-plan. So in reality, the pricing delta is much greater than what it seems at first glance.

The recent generation of Camaro is an a great performing platform - it has been one of the best IMO, but they just don't sell well. I previously had a 2017 2SS 6 speed. I personally don't love the looks of the new ones. I was bored of the Mustang looks as well, frankly, until the redesign was released.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I hope GM offers a 6G Z28, I'm just waiting on an announcement, and I'll place an order.
I shudder at the price but the dry-sump LT2 or even better yet the C8/Z06 engine mated to the tremec and the Blackwing gen2 MR dampers would be just lovely.

Camaro has another year to live thankfully, I hope they decide to go out with a bang. Kinda like Mopar, which re-introduced the Hellcat with 6MT a week ago.
Sponsored