• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Help with X-plan invoice

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Can you take a look at the sample invoice they sent me today on my x-plan order? What is "Government Fees" and "Proc/Doc Fees?" And which is supposed to be limited to $275 by x-plan? First time with this and I'm not familiar with how this is done. The price is adjusted, but it doesn't look to me like the fees are properly adjusted.

This sample doesn't include my trade so all the bottom numbers will change. Thanks

S650 Mustang Help with X-plan invoice IMG_20240405_093406 (002)
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Gov't fee is prob a use tax of some sort. Here in NC we have the HUT.... Highway Use Tax. It is Lew of state sales tax on vehicles.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
You're better off asking the dealership what those are.

Government fees: Maybe this is registration and title (assume you're not transferring a plate)?

Processing/Doc fees: I thought they were capped at $100.

X Plan rules attached, as well as the AXZD Plans Pricing agreement that they should be providing you with and signing.

Attachments

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. I suspect the Govt fees are tags/title. Since I'm transferring tags this should drop some. I'll make sure to check to see if doc fees are under $100 as required.

I asked about the msrp rising since I ordered, which is shown above. I said msrp should be locked where it was when I ordered at $465 less.

Response "x plan stays the same regardless of change in base price"

I guess he's saying the x plan price is whatever it is? he can't change it?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Gov = the feds, docs= them. Not really that simple but basically. Tax title tags/registration but the rest is an add on

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Doc fee was charged $500 on my xplan but then dealer will send you a check for $400. Seems backwards way of doing it but that is how Ford has it setup. It took like 3 weeks to get the check so make sure you get it.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the responses. I'll make sure that $100 is done correctly, or refunded if needed.

Curious to hear your responses on this part? Is this true, they can't edit the x-plan price?

I asked about the msrp rising since I ordered, which is shown above. I said msrp should be locked where it was when I ordered at $465 less.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Appreciate the responses. I'll make sure that $100 is done correctly, or refunded if needed.

Curious to hear your responses on this part? Is this true, they can't edit the x-plan price?

I would have the dealer explain what the gov. fees are - don't make any assumptions.

In my sale, the doc fees were $595 because that was on the template and they "forgot" to alter it. They adjusted it before I purchased - I didn't have to wait for a refund.

X-Plans are calculated from invoice, not MSRP, so that might be what the dealer is expressing. If you have a signed order sheet with your exact price on it, you can insist on that being honored or walk. If this purchase is already made, then I guess it doesn't matter and your paying whatever you agreed to.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have the dealer explain what the gov. fees are - don't make any assumptions.

In my sale, the doc fees were $595 because that was on the template and they "forgot" to alter it. They adjusted it before I purchased - I didn't have to wait for a refund.

X-Plans are calculated from invoice, not MSRP, so that might be what the dealer is expressing. If you have a signed order sheet with your exact price on it, you can insist on that being honored or walk. If this purchase is already made, then I guess it doesn't matter and your paying whatever you agreed to.
OK thanks. Yes this was a signed dealer order. No deposit made. Ordered before the price increase 11/10/23

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to give an update on how this all went down a few days ago. I went to look at the car I ordered with x-plan. Car looked good and they showed me the sales agreement. AGAIN they "forgot" to adjust the doc fees, so I had them lower those from $499 to $100. Then I mentioned that the msrp had increased since I ordered and this is covered by Ford's price protection. They said they can't do anything about that because the x-plan price is auto generated based on the invoice amount of the car, which included the price increase. I then presented the plan price agreement and circled the section that specified the dealer is to reimburse me for any price increase after the order is put in. Thank you for that @roadpilot. Then they went back in their little office and came out and said they messed up because they didn't put the order in as an x-plan order. I said, as pleasantly as possible, that's not my problem and made it clear to them that I would walk if they didn't somehow give me that $465. After more discussions amongst themselves they added the $465 to the trade value and I was fine with that. In the end everything went fine. They said they rarely ever get x-plan orders and they weren't as familiar as they should be on how they are handled.

Moral of the story - be prepared and bring EVERYTHING with you to the dealership because they will rip you off if you don't. I would have lost nearly $900 if I wasn't prepared and didn't read all the numbers closely. Everytime they said they "couldn't" do something I showed the documentation of what they had to do and how they had to do it. Hope this helps some folks on here.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Do not believe a single word they were telling you, @samson. They knew *exactly* what they were trying to do to you.

Glad I could help you save some big cash! I do accept Visa, MC, cash, check, and Amazon gift cards - but not American Express! 😆 J/K

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Just to give an update on how this all went down a few days ago. I went to look at the car I ordered with x-plan. Car looked good and they showed me the sales agreement. AGAIN they "forgot" to adjust the doc fees, so I had them lower those from $499 to $100. Then I mentioned that the msrp had increased since I ordered and this is covered by Ford's price protection. They said they can't do anything about that because the x-plan price is auto generated based on the invoice amount of the car, which included the price increase. I then presented the plan price agreement and circled the section that specified the dealer is to reimburse me for any price increase after the order is put in. Thank you for that @roadpilot. Then they went back in their little office and came out and said they messed up because they didn't put the order in as an x-plan order. I said, as pleasantly as possible, that's not my problem and made it clear to them that I would walk if they didn't somehow give me that $465. After more discussions amongst themselves they added the $465 to the trade value and I was fine with that. In the end everything went fine. They said they rarely ever get x-plan orders and they weren't as familiar as they should be on how they are handled.

Moral of the story - be prepared and bring EVERYTHING with you to the dealership because they will rip you off if you don't. I would have lost nearly $900 if I wasn't prepared and didn't read all the numbers closely. Everytime they said they "couldn't" do something I showed the documentation of what they had to do and how they had to do it. Hope this helps some folks on here.
This is the kind of treatment that gives car dealers a bad name.

I had the same issue regarding the $465.00 price increase, but I asked for an additional $1,000.00 on my trade which was still $3,000.00 below KBB. I got it but wondered how much money I left on the table.

FrankAR15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS Fsport, Toyota 4Runner, Genesis coupe
I don’t understand the x-plan. Dealers are offering 4-6k below MSRP in my area.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t understand the x-plan. Dealers are offering 4-6k below MSRP in my area.
This was a special order rather than a car off the lot. Less likely to get a big discount on an ordered car.
Sponsored