• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Old Fogey here at 59, and I've always been a tech nerd, and orderd the 401a package on my 2018 just for the digital dash. That said, while these screens look great, I think some physical buttons make driving easier and safer when you can use muscle memory to just reach for a switch, dial or button.

I'm also not a fan of their "integration," or lack thereof. I think they'd be much cooler if they were somehow just built into the dash, rather than looking like these giant separate tablets tacked on.

And for my final "hey kids, get off my lawn!" comment, I'm still not sold on that texture in the dash - it just looks really cheap somehow.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The screens do look nice, and I'm no Luddite -- I like generally high tech interiors and modern features... but man I'm still really disappointed in Ford for dropping physical buttons for many of those functions, just when I thought the industry as a whole was starting to learn that was a mistake. It's even sillier if that row at the bottom of the main screen is static (as it appears to be). Those things should all just be buttons below the screen somewhere.

I'm glad it's at least a touch screen, though, as opposed to being controlled by some silly joystick or something.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
They better be responsive if they are the gateway to Skynet/The Matrix. And it's 2023, responsiveness should be mandatory. That said, I much rather have physical buttons alongside a touch-screen (specially physical buttons for the HVAC).

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I don't mind the all-digital displays a bit. My concerns are of styling and lack of integration. Multiple screens and features: great. But don't just 1) throw a second screen inside and 2) place it in an interior with throwback bits from the 80s. A more consistent interior theme and appearance, IMO, would have been more befitting of the car. That's just me though. People love and look forward to the new interior, and that's cool.

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
I'm glad it's at least a touch screen, though, as opposed to being controlled by some silly joystick or something.
You should check out the HVAC controller in the new Ferrari Purosangue. That is so seriously clumsy that you need to stop the car by the side of the road to change temperature setting.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Old fogeys can operate dashboard controls without looking at some silly ass display.

Also can walk & chew gum at the same time .......... what a putts
Just a chime in to correct spelling of “Putz”
:cwl:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I don't mind the all-digital displays a bit. My concerns are of styling and lack of integration. Multiple screens and features: great. But don't just 1) throw a second screen inside and 2) place it in an interior with throwback bits from the 80s. A more consistent interior theme and appearance, IMO, would have been more befitting of the car. That's just me though. People love and look forward to the new interior, and that's cool.
It looks like my desk with two monitors at work. I hate work. I love Mustang. Would never want Mustang to remind me of work. Case closed.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
37 here, and well...if you want 2011 back, then you have far lower standards than my own lol:

710oQjrgC3L.jpg
I see zero resemblance but almost a good one

Skip to 3:15

Last edited:

raceheart77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
52-year-old here,
Not a fan at all of these digital displays. Never liked the digital implementations that started in the 80's either.
Nothing beats Analog gauges, dials & toggle switches on a muscle/sports car.

In a few years when they integrate the screens in the dash, these earlier versions will look even more ridiculous.

The rest of the car is a home run.

wibled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2002 Thunderbird, 2021 Bronco Sp
Where the old fogeys at to complain about their lost physical gauge clusters?
I guess I qualify as an "old fogey", I'm 68 years old and I like the digital cluster!
Sponsored