• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
LOL I honestly think you should wait and get a slightly used premium next year. Let the first owner that puts 10-20k miles on the car take a huge depreciation hit and then you swoop in and get a 1) great vehicle for a 2) decent price that 3) fits your budget and 4) gives you the options you want in addition to 5) giving the kids a place to sit. 🤣 🍻
The only problem is,
used Mustangs are difficult to find.
When you find one they usually want as much money as a new one?
Sponsored

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
I got 401a on mine. I got mine pretty much loaded up with every option except Magneride. I told my dealership I just wanted a GT Premium with PP1 and active valve exhaust. He ended up finding one trading for it with another dealer because it had every option I'd have gotten if I custom ordered one - namely 401a, A10, rapid red, red interior, PP1, Nite Pony, and active valve.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I have a base GT but had to have the 301a. It’s worth it. There wasn’t anything I needed to have from the premium GT packages.
First off, the 401A package is $2900.00 - at least that was what mine was listed at. Second, there's a lot more in the list.

401A.jpg
The 401A is only $900.00 more than the 400A.
For the difference in price you will receive more option.
For me they are worth the price.
If you spend 45 to 50 thousand for a vehicle 🚗. Nine hundred dollars really isn’t that much more if you think about it?

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
The 401A is only $900.00 more than the 400A.
For the difference in price you will receive more option.
For me they are worth the price.
If you spend 45 to 50 thousand for a vehicle 🚗. Nine hundred dollars really isn’t that much more if you think about it?
The problem is. For every option, it isn't that much. But adding everything up is much.

Many people start thinking about a 30k ecoboost as their budget. Than they want to put some options on it.

"Active exhaust? Yeah, why not. Just a thousand extra.
Automatic transmission? Cool, just a thousand extra
Premium trim? Hmm it comes with so many nice features. It's worth the couple thousand extra. Especially when the car is 30k."

After adding all these options you come to 39k

And then the story starts all over.

"Hmmm.. 39k for a fully loaded ecoboost.. but adding 3k more and you have a GT".

Than you the whole story with adding options start all over on yhe GT and you will end up with a GT of 55K

And it all started with a car you supposed to spend 30k on.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
The average new car price is about $50k. Buying a 30K car today is like buying a basic Civic years ago. Your $55k loaded GT is a bargain compared to the "average new car". And a hell of a lot more fun.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
The problem is. For every option, it isn't that much. But adding everything up is much.

Many people start thinking about a 30k ecoboost as their budget. Than they want to put some options on it.

"Active exhaust? Yeah, why not. Just a thousand extra.
Automatic transmission? Cool, just a thousand extra
Premium trim? Hmm it comes with so many nice features. It's worth the couple thousand extra. Especially when the car is 30k."

After adding all these options you come to 39k

And then the story starts all over.

"Hmmm.. 39k for a fully loaded ecoboost.. but adding 3k more and you have a GT".

Than you the whole story with adding options start all over on yhe GT and you will end up with a GT of 55K

And it all started with a car you supposed to spend 30k on.
What you said is very true
I built many many Ecoboost and GT Mustangs on the Ford Build a Mustang web site.
After all the builds & monthly payments I decided to order a 2024 GT, today, with the Auto Transmission and th 401A package. Nothing else.
I was going to get the Ecoboost but like you mentioned above.. For a few thousand more I got the GT.
I know it’s crazy but the dealer said I could always change my mind.
You made a very good point..

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Horned- toad. The name fits your attitude perfectly.
Just saying.
401A for me. Still waiting. Being built this week.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
The average new car price is about $50k. Buying a 30K car today is like buying a basic Civic years ago. Your $55k loaded GT is a bargain compared to the "average new car". And a hell of a lot more fun.
55k is a bargain for a V8 car with a lot of horses. But not many people have 55k hidden in their old socks.

On the the American continent, financing is something that is very normal. Paying 800 to 1000 a month for a vehicle. That's why people say "55k is not much". And the problem is, you pay 1k a month on financing and you still can't drive the car. You need insurance that is on average 200 a month, and after that you still can't drive the car. You need gas and what I read here on the forums is that they hibernate their cars when it's raining, when it's windy, when it's fall and the leaves drop from the trees and also when it's too hot. So actually they end up parking their financed car inside their garage just to look at it and drive 6k miles a year. Why? Because they have the car on crazy finance and they are afraid to make miles on it because the car will depreciate when driving it.

I live in the US but I just can't handle their logic

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I have a base GT with zero options aside from 6mt and spoiler delete. Compared with the s550 300a's it is like a luxury car - zero regrets.

The S550 300a car got power seats both driver and passenger. Not anymore.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
55k is a bargain for a V8 car with a lot of horses. But not many people have 55k hidden in their old socks.

On the the American continent, financing is something that is very normal. Paying 800 to 1000 a month for a vehicle. That's why people say "55k is not much". And the problem is, you pay 1k a month on financing and you still can't drive the car. You need insurance that is on average 200 a month, and after that you still can't drive the car. You need gas and what I read here on the forums is that they hibernate their cars when it's raining, when it's windy, when it's fall and the leaves drop from the trees and also when it's too hot. So actually they end up parking their financed car inside their garage just to look at it and drive 6k miles a year. Why? Because they have the car on crazy finance and they are afraid to make miles on it because the car will depreciate when driving it.

I live in the US but I just can't handle their logic

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Very Interesting.
You forgot, don’t want to drive the Beast in the Snow.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
55k is a bargain for a V8 car with a lot of horses.
nah 35-40K for a 450+HP V8 is a bargain. 55K for it's still just a Mustang, is a rip off. :)

That said I spent 55K for a barely opened Mach1. And it sits outside in the rain and snow. And I drive it 1000 miles/month if perhaps more.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
nah 35-40K for a 450+HP V8 is a bargain. 55K for it's still just a Mustang, is a rip off. :)

That said I spent 55K for a barely opened Mach1. And it sits outside in the rain and snow. And I drive it 1000 miles/month if perhaps more.
Let me know what other V8 with 450+ hp is in the market.
Sponsored