• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion

OP
OP

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
LOL I honestly think you should wait and get a slightly used premium next year. Let the first owner that puts 10-20k miles on the car take a huge depreciation hit and then you swoop in and get a 1) great vehicle for a 2) decent price that 3) fits your budget and 4) gives you the options you want in addition to 5) giving the kids a place to sit. šŸ¤£ šŸ»
Might not be a bad idea haha
Sponsored

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
I have the 401A minus the active exhaust. I love, love, love the car! But I am fortunate enough to have a man who loves me & buys what I want. I did not special order the car. My car was refused by the person that ordered it and came from another dealership 500 miles away. My fiance' did want me the have the track pack option with 355 rear end. He has a 2021 Roush stage 3, so we like to have fast cars. I probably will never get to a track with it but I sometimes sneak to a back road to test it out. I will be getting the exhaust upgraded here soon because I miss hearing the 5.0 rumble! If you don't mind spending the extra $2900, go for it but it sounds like you would be satisfied with a 301A. But the extra $2900 is worth it to me. My previous car was a 2019 GT manual with a Roush supercharger and Pypes exhaust. I kinda miss the manual but my knees are getting older so the automatic is nice. Good luck on your search & enjoy your new car!

OP
OP

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
I have the 401A minus the active exhaust. I love, love, love the car! But I am fortunate enough to have a man who loves me & buys what I want. I did not special order the car. My car was refused by the person that ordered it and came from another dealership 500 miles away. My fiance' did want me the have the track pack option with 355 rear end. He has a 2021 Roush stage 3, so we like to have fast cars. I probably will never get to a track with it but I sometimes sneak to a back road to test it out. I will be getting the exhaust upgraded here soon because I miss hearing the 5.0 rumble! If you don't mind spending the extra $2900, go for it but it sounds like you would be satisfied with a 301A. But the extra $2900 is worth it to me. My previous car was a 2019 GT manual with a Roush supercharger and Pypes exhaust. I kinda miss the manual but my knees are getting older so the automatic is nice. Good luck on your search & enjoy your new car!
Thats awesome and I love the track pack look and vapor blue color! Great choice!!

Bob M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just went with the 400A package. The 401A didn't offer much that I would want. I plug my phone in when I need navigation (better than OEM). Spent the money on MagneRide suspension system. However, each to their own.

OP
OP

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
I just went with the 400A package. The 401A didn't offer much that I would want. I plug my phone in when I need navigation (better than OEM). Spent the money on MagneRide suspension system. However, each to their own.
Does the 400a not have wireless carplay? I thought it did...

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
because daddy
Which would you rather get as a used car the seller didnā€™t have any clue about?

If I can get it from the factory and I donā€™t need to deal with it via aftermarket it gains value to me.

OP
OP

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
Which would you rather get as a used car the seller didnā€™t have any clue about?

If I can get it from the factory and I donā€™t need to deal with it via aftermarket it gains value to me.
That's true there is definitely some value there but some packages come with things someone may not need and instead of a 3k package maybe they spend a significant amount less, say 1k, getting only what they need. Then they got 2k that can go toward something else that would be more enjoyable/valuable to them or the aftermarket version just may be better. As far as a used car is concerned, I do like having from new as I know exactly what is happening with the vehicle and in today's market I dont see a big enough discount to buy used.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
That's true there is definitely some value there but some packages come with things someone may not need and instead of a 3k package maybe they spend a significant amount less, say 1k, getting only what they need. Then they got 2k that can go toward something else that would be more enjoyable/valuable to them or the aftermarket version just may be better. As far as a used car is concerned, I do like having from new as I know exactly what is happening with the vehicle and in today's market I dont see a big enough discount to buy used.
Been there done that too old now to not load it up. Granted some packages include extra but as long as those extras actually provide value/performance/function it falls into the plus category and stuff that falls into the pure bling category are determine for inclusion only if extra funds allow.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
I think your frugality has already made up your mind. These are pretty easy options to make a decision ya or nay, so save your money and enjoy the 300 package.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
If it's a daily and you're not tracking or care about every tenth of a second then GT Base w/ 301A, 10-Speed, Brembo's, Active Valve Exhaust is the best bang for your buck on this vehicle imho. With DMG this spec comes out to 51,6XX and looks sharp in person.

S650 Mustang GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion 1702998245563

Vaporized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F150,1970 Mach1 428cj
I agree, I got lucky and bought a base GT off the lot with 301a, cloth power seats, auto,active exhaust, spoiler delete, block heater, polished aluminum 19ā€™s with all season Continentals. Had just the right amount of options I was looking for in a year round driver for the northeast . Just added a steel k member and strut tower brace to itā€¦ love the car !

S650 Mustang GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion IMG_3926

S650 Mustang GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion IMG_3937

Awt2858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2019 Honda CBR650R
It seems like your question has probably been answered now, but since Iā€™m a little late to the partyā€¦ past having it as a daily, what are your intentions for the car? I ordered my GT with PP, magneride and 401a.
My reasons:
PP because I plan on tracking it at least once or twice a year.
5.0 because the ā€˜15 2.3 I had was a blast to track but the power was a limiting factor, forcing me to allow bigger engines to pass me on the straight; also the heat sink at least partially due to the turbo forced me to spend most of a track session trying to manage temps by the afternoon.
401a because I most loved the look of the carmine red interior contrasting the vapor blue exterior and carmine was only available in 401a.
My main reason: I plan on this car being part of my ā€œforever garageā€ so I reasoned I might as well go all in on it if I plan on holding onto it indefinitely. It also helped that with dealers adding market adjustments to all cars on lots when I was shopping, this order (found a dealer who promised no market adjustment on an order) did not come out to a higher price than lower optioned vehicles that were arriving on lots within a 500 mi radius.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
It seems like your question has probably been answered now, but since Iā€™m a little late to the partyā€¦ past having it as a daily, what are your intentions for the car? I ordered my GT with PP, magneride and 401a.
My reasons:
PP because I plan on tracking it at least once or twice a year.
5.0 because the ā€˜15 2.3 I had was a blast to track but the power was a limiting factor, forcing me to allow bigger engines to pass me on the straight; also the heat sink at least partially due to the turbo forced me to spend most of a track session trying to manage temps by the afternoon.
401a because I most loved the look of the carmine red interior contrasting the vapor blue exterior and carmine was only available in 401a.
My main reason: I plan on this car being part of my ā€œforever garageā€ so I reasoned I might as well go all in on it if I plan on holding onto it indefinitely. It also helped that with dealers adding market adjustments to all cars on lots when I was shopping, this order (found a dealer who promised no market adjustment on an order) did not come out to a higher price than lower optioned vehicles that were arriving on lots within a 500 mi radius.
Same thoughts here on the 401A. I plan on keeping this car as long as it will run, especially since this is the final generation of the ICE Mustang. I'm not skimping on anything, even if the $$$ don't really work out on the 401A package.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
That is sadness!
really? You're $20 Amazon purchase away from a silly cable and pad shoved under the rubber mat in the console.

In S550 land the 300A was perfectly fine. In S650, you get a mechanical seat with 300A which is just nuts. So 301A to get motorized. I put no value in the Premium trims. The MyColor is the dumbest thing ever but 300A has all kinds of color and layout features so the veneer of "exclusivity" of 400A+ in that respect is rice paper thin.

The "leather" is pitiful. You want leather get Katzkin's good stuff. Plus you can get a NICE red or something other than circling the coffin Black.

Puddle lamps, just shoot me. What dumbass thought this was something to 'add' to a trim package?

All the factory wheels look like ass and are made poorly. And heavy.

If you have multiple drivers then the 'memory seat' is useful but that feature belongs in every trim that has motorized seats. But it's another pointless "FU" distinction dreamed up by the Marketing Team. Personally, just don't permit anyone else to drive your car. That way your settings don't ever need to change.

The 6-speaker audio is plenty fine. You can get VASTLY better results with the 9-speaker setup just massaging it with ForScan and some actually good speakers. Paying more for "factory" audio is just lighting Benjamins on fire. At least snort some cocain thru them first before applying the heat of rapid oxidation.
Sponsored

Last edited: