• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
Trying to nail down my wants/needs for a new purchase. I'm a bang for the buck kinda person so even if i could afford a higher trim/package if it doesn't add that much value, its hard for me to justify to myself. This car is going to be a daily with no track usage. Probably going automatic since its a daily.

GT vs GT premium. The main diff I see is the leather seats (+cool), soft touch interiors, wheels, and 1 piece dash. At around a 4k price diff, its hard for me to justify.

• Leather seats - seeing the seats of the base GT in person, I think I would be perfectly happy with those, if not I could throw on some leather for a lot less. Seats are heated/cooled but I don't have that now so IDK what I'm missing haha

• Soft touch interiors - I like this but at 4k hardly justifiable.

• 1 piece dash - doesn't make a difference to me vs base dash once I saw them in person

• Wheels - I prefer the black 18 inch wheels on the base by like a lot. I would have to replace the ones on the premium with some black RTRs or something.

400a vs 401a - Am I missing something here? Whats worth 3k in this package? Slightly better seats and interior, puddle light...
Sponsored

Pacerdhs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 MUSTANG GT PP
You are buying a relatively expensive sports car. The premium features add a lot. This is a purchase for a vehicle to enjoy, collect and/or use daily. And you should not be buying this car if the issue is the cost of base v premium, as the mustang has relatively poor gas mileage.

Of course, there are other options to save money.
S650 Mustang GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion 1702516055495

S650 Mustang GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion 1702515754803

S650 Mustang GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion 1702516018333

Last edited:
OP
OP

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
You are buying a relatively expensive sports car. The premium features add a lot. This is a purchase for a vehicle to enjoy, collect and/or use daily. And you should not be buying this car if the issue is the cost of base v premium, as the mustang has relatively poor gas mileage.

Of course, there are other options to save money.
1702516055495.jpeg

1702515754803.jpeg

1702516018333.jpeg
I get you but its not about the money per se but I found it hard, personally, to just "throw money out the window" meaning that it needs to add some value proposition. The gas is of no concern to me as I'm paying the cost for the smiles it brings. There's value in that but after the base model GT does the increase in price make sense for the value proposition it brings. Just trying to hear some feedback from people who have them on what they find valuable.

Your comment about GT vs GT premium would be like me asking why you just didnt get the dark horse vs the GT PP, maybe you shouldnt even have looked at the car.

OP
OP

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
I would go with 301a, as it has some of the niceties such as better trimmed and heated seats, and more features.
Yeah, I was kinda leaning that way. Want active exhaust and 301a on a base probs and call it chill.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
If I were able to purchase one, that is the spec I would go for with. I would be on the edge with np and pp w/spoiler delete.

OP
OP

Machismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to purchase
If I were able to purchase one, that is the spec I would go for with. I would be on the edge with np and pp w/spoiler delete.
I like the np but black wheel is standard on the GT so it doesn't add a ton and if Im going to spend that probably just get some aftermarket wheels. can always black out the other stuff relatively cheaply if wanted.

pp - I love the wheels but its so hard to justify this if Im not tracking.

LT1SA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber GT/301A/19" wheels/active exh
I have the 301A with the automatic transmission, 19" silver wheels, and active exhaust. I love it. compared to my 2016 V6 this is a different world. The separate screens is a non issue. Once you're actually driving it, you don't even notice the gap, only the screens. As far as the seats, I live in south Texas, so leather seats get super hot in the summer and spring. The cloth seats are more comfortable for me, and the 301A package has the heated seats for colder temperatures. Only significant drawback is that the base GTs don't get the wireless charging pad, even with the 301A.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I have a base GT but had to have the 301a. It’s worth it. There wasn’t anything I needed to have from the premium GT packages.

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This sounds like a dumb answer, but it depends on what you want from the car. I bought mine to use as a daily driver and some fun stuff on the side.

I picked the premium 400a to get leather amd heated seats, added Copilot 360 package to get navigation and sound system, and 3.55 gear and active exhaust for fun. I did not opt for the performance pack, since it will be driven 90% on rural Illinois roads that aren't exactly smooth. Would I have liked it? Sure, but it's not any faster unless I'm on a road course and I was already at 53k without it.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Trying to nail down my wants/needs for a new purchase. I'm a bang for the buck kinda person so even if i could afford a higher trim/package if it doesn't add that much value, its hard for me to justify to myself. This car is going to be a daily with no track usage. Probably going automatic since its a daily.

GT vs GT premium. The main diff I see is the leather seats (+cool), soft touch interiors, wheels, and 1 piece dash. At around a 4k price diff, its hard for me to justify.

• Leather seats - seeing the seats of the base GT in person, I think I would be perfectly happy with those, if not I could throw on some leather for a lot less. Seats are heated/cooled but I don't have that now so IDK what I'm missing haha

• Soft touch interiors - I like this but at 4k hardly justifiable.

• 1 piece dash - doesn't make a difference to me vs base dash once I saw them in person

• Wheels - I prefer the black 18 inch wheels on the base by like a lot. I would have to replace the ones on the premium with some black RTRs or something.

400a vs 401a - Am I missing something here? Whats worth 3k in this package? Slightly better seats and interior, puddle light...
First off, the 401A package is $2900.00 - at least that was what mine was listed at. Second, there's a lot more in the list.

S650 Mustang GT vs GT Premium, 400a vs 401a, where's the best value? Comparison and discussion 401A

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
First off, the 401A package is $2900.00 - at least that was what mine was listed at. Second, there's a lot more in the list.

401A.jpg
The whole package is $2900, but you can option only the CoPilot 360+ package in for $1295. That still gets you navigation and sound system, but you won't get the lighted door sills, security package, color accents, or memory seats.
Sponsored