• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gen 4 coyote power curve simulated

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I used an automation “sim game” to replicate the power curves for the current gen 4 coyotes there is 3 photos down below
The first one is the gen 3 simulation to a key with VCT corrected
Second photo is gen 3 vs gen 4 with active exhaust
Third photo is gen 4 vs dark horse
Enjoy “PSA i had to change cam timing to push the power curve all the way too 7500rpm”

S650 Mustang Gen 4 coyote power curve simulated IMG_6584

S650 Mustang Gen 4 coyote power curve simulated IMG_6586

S650 Mustang Gen 4 coyote power curve simulated IMG_6590
Sponsored

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
oh hey, that's Automation
tons of fun to make weird and totally impractical cars in that and export them to Beam.NG

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
oh hey, that's Automation
tons of fun to make weird and totally impractical cars in that and export them to Beam.NG
I’m playing beam n g now lmfao but it’s a pain in the Arce to replicate engines to a tee

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
I’m playing beam n g now lmfao but it’s a pain in the Arce to replicate engines to a tee
oh definitely, it's even worse to try to do that in a program called Engine Simulator, mainly because it requires so much work to even make an engine. you need intake and exhaust flow samples, deck height, cylinder head chamber volume (?), intake runner cross section, piston dome, and so much more

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
oh definitely, it's even worse to try to do that in a program called Engine Simulator, mainly because it requires so much work to even make an engine. you need intake and exhaust flow samples, deck height, cylinder head chamber volume (?), intake runner cross section, piston dome, and so much more
Don’t even get me started in that program it’s a mess it’s really cool but it’s a one trick pony

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Don’t even get me started in that program it’s a mess it’s really cool but it’s a one trick pony
in fairness, it was made to be a one trick pony, but it can do that one trick better than just about any other pony and does it for anyone with a powerful enough PC and for free

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
in fairness, it was made to be a one trick pony, but it can do that one trick better than just about any other pony and does it for anyone with a powerful enough PC and for free
It’s a great simulator

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Cool stuff. Curious why you targeted 7500 rpm for DH peak HP. Was that mentioned somewhere?

Also i think 7250 is peak rpm for the 486 GT with active exhaust according to the tech specs in the other thread.

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Cool stuff. Curious why you targeted 7500 rpm for DH peak HP. Was that mentioned somewhere?

Also i think 7250 is peak rpm for the 486 GT with active exhaust according to the tech specs in the other thread.
1) it’s very very difficult to get it right on the money this game/sim is difficult to
Work with
2) this is more to show the potential differences in power curves between the two and I’d imagine the dark horse will favor high rpm kinda like the boss 302 did. Until we see camshaft specs it’s all conjecture

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Any guesses what the true HP and torque at the rear wheels with be?

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Would be interesting to see some completely different comparisons like a gen 4 coyote vs LT1 or DH vs LT4.

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Would be interesting to see some completely different comparisons like a gen 4 coyote vs LT1 or DH vs LT4.

That’s a moot point because you can do that now with real dyno sheets lol i can make them but pushrod engines have very boring dyno charts
Sponsored