• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gear indicator on A10 automatic....

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
ive only been able to see the gear indicator while playing with the paddles.

i do think this is one of the many things that ford will add with a furture OTA update to the car.
I hope you’re right. It’s a small issue but it drives me nuts.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Page 114 allows you to configure the instrument cluster but as I have a Tremec. I may not have all the options available. I also suspect if it is configurable, it's probably hidden elsewhere in the configuration structure.
Yes, hopefully so.

Like I said earlier the configuration menus on these cars seem to be a bit of a black hole. At best, they aren’t intuitive.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I already read that section and there is no option to display the gear while in D even though the instrument cluster drawing shows the selector in D while showing gear indicator being 3rd gear. It only shows up when I select M.

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
Is this something that may even be configured through an OTA update??

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I've wondered the same thing because on my previous S550, my custom MyMode had a Sport+ setup and the Instrument Cluster showed the current gear regardless of Drive Mode ( and it was an option in the Menu selection). I've only found that in Manual, you can only get the Indicator to show (next to the Illuminated M in the status bar plus on the display).Plus there is a large enough space for the Indicator to go just as the Speedometer has its place on the right side of the display. And when it's in "Manual", they mean Manual. On my S550, when I was decelerating slowly it would drop to a lower gear to raise RPM's or when accelerating it grabbed a Lower Gear for acceleration. Somehow, this 24 doesn't do that (and I have pretty much floored it to get the drop for a lower Gear). Maybe I didn't wait long enough but I thought that was kinda weird but also, the Gear Selector does have an "M" instead of the "S" like the S550.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Update:
Today I decided to put the Transmission in Manual and come to a Stop Light. The speed dropped considerably and when the speeds dropped to 35mph (from 50mph), it slowly and "lightly" dropped the gears down and rather quickly but without any RPM increases. Strange to me but I guess Ford feels that if you're running in "M" then we/I the driver should be downshifting.

Last edited: