• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Totally agree. It’s a shame that in the thousands of 24 year iconic Mustangs this BS had to happen. No problem with 88 or 74 I owned. Should of kept the 88 convertible for sure.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Just curious if the picture you posted is the actual brand of tape you used to fix the holes (duck tape brand)?

Someone else mentions using this tape which is water proof so might be worth the few extra bucks:

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-4612502-Waterproof-Patch-Black/dp/B07HSKRYQW?th=1
That's what I used before I put the plastic covers on, the material of the liners allowed some moisture to get behind part of the tape causing it to peel a bit. It did keep debris out though.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
That's what I used before I put the plastic covers on, the material of the liners allowed some moisture to get behind part of the tape causing it to peel a bit. It did keep debris out though.
OK thanks for the reply I will probably go with it as a temporary fix. Also did you have to clean out a bunch of debris before taping the holes? If so, I assume after you taped the holes you wouldn't need to clean anything out before installing the plastic covers. Also did you install the covers that the gentleman created that sell for around $90ish dollars? His name escapes me at the moment.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
OK thanks for the reply I will probably go with it as a temporary fix. Also did you have to clean out a bunch of debris before taping the holes? If so, I assume after you taped the holes you wouldn't need to clean anything out before installing the plastic covers. Also did you install the covers that the gentleman created that sell for around $90ish dollars? His name escapes me at the moment.
It was in winter so I didn't have may miles on it, I had to remove the liner to get a fastener, there were a few in there. I posted a picture earlier in the thread, because it was cold I didn't explore the holes before installing the plastic covers, I also didn't do the cleanest job so soon I will smooth out covers with more JB weld and take a peek in the holes for debris. If I find any I'll post it.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
if you are driving on clean roads and no gravel drives or roads then there shouldn’t be much In there, but I can tell you what ever rail yards our car went through in transport were gravel because ours was full of stones and they were not from our driveway. This picture was taken an hour after the car came directly from the dealer. It was the same amount on both sides
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues IMG_1393

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
if you are driving on clean roads and no gravel drives or roads then there shouldn’t be much In there, but I can tell you what ever rail yards our car went through in transport were gravel because ours was full of stones and they were not from our driveway. This picture was taken an hour after the car came directly from the dealer. It was the same amount on both sides
IMG_1393.jpeg
Thanks for pic.

Woobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I had a 20 mile trip home from the dealer after my car was delivered at the end of January. Now, they did cinder the roads earlier that day but there was no snow or icing on the trip home. Below is what I had to clean out from behind my wheel wells. At this time the car only had 42 total miles on the car.

I posted the fix I created and I am very happy with the results thus far and the low cost was a bonus. I will link my earlier post below if you're interested in taking a look and trying it yourself. Let me know if any of you have tried it or send me a direct message if you have any questions on it.

Previous post on my fix:
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/front-inner-wheel-well-issues.158833/post-3255902

This is what dropped out as I tapped the side plastic skirt.
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues IMG_1964

Driver side inside fender.
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues IMG_1990

Passenger side inside fender.
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues IMG_1979

My fix driver side.
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues IMG_2041

My fix passenger side.
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues IMG_2046

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm planning on addressing this. One thing I can say is that I had a tree limb fall on my 03 vert GT puncturing the top in 3 places. I used Flex Tape wide on both sides of the top and it's been there for 3 years with no problems or leaks or anything. Car has 200k miles on it so I didn't feel like spending thousands on a new top. I'm impressed. Just a thought.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
The DIYvan kit is well designed and made in the US by a small independent company. I think that a $50-70k car is worth more than duck tape.
My $.02 worth.

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
I can confirm that the design on the liners have not changed. I just picked up my Mustang which was a job 2 car on Saturday and the hole is still there unfortunately. I ordered the kit by DIYVan to cover the holes.