• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Thanks for the reality check.
I plan to fix the problem with the DIYVan solution as soon as my car comes in.
That's the best plan, the holes are an easy fix and the car is a whole lot of fun to drive.
Sponsored

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Ford will never see this as any kind of problem, and will not come out with a fix for something that they consider normal. I posted a pic of the assy line, its where the cars sit on the body jig. I work at a Ford dealer, and own three, but will be the first to tell anyone that they are a tough manufacturer to deal with. I can't get them to fix things that they have acknowledged are problems, let alone having them recognize this as an issue. Buy the inserts, make your own, or live with it, but beating you head against the wall trying to get them to "do something" is fruitless. I'm betting we all have better uses for our time. "Should" we have to deal with this? Maybe, maybe not, but you gotta ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze.
Does your dealership tell all the customers buying a new mustang about the holes from manufacturing that could after years develop into rusting problems or do you fix the holes whether itā€™s just applying tape? If u donā€™t fix them you never tell them correct? Iā€™m not beating my head either, the whole point is you spend $60,000- $70,000 to fix some holes. Is it worth the squeeze or is it grabbing the bull by the horns depends on your perspective. I have owned 3 Mustangs. MY dealer as soon as it comes out of storage he will gladly fix them. I find it a courtesy to his customers. Case dismissed.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
I don't sell cars, so I don't know what they tell them. Two of the younger salespeople have S650's and when I pointed the holes out to them on their own cars, they just shrugged. I've not had any service customers ask about it yet, if they did, I'd tell them Ford considers it normal, but here is something you can do if you would like. You are right, case closed, but that won't end this thread...
I try to give advice here based on 45 years in dealership service depts, as always with advice, the reader can take it or leave it.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I don't sell cars, so I don't know what they tell them. Two of the younger salespeople have S650's and when I pointed the holes out to them on their own cars, they just shrugged. I've not had any service customers ask about it yet, if they did, I'd tell them Ford considers it normal, but here is something you can do if you would like. You are right, case closed, but that won't end this thread...
I try to give advice here based on 45 years in dealership service depts, as always with advice, the reader can take it or leave it.
My sales rep just did the same thing - Shrugged.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
My sales rep just did the same thing - Shrugged.
Itā€™s the subtle things that gets the attention, works best when they think itā€™s their idea.

Sometimes itā€™s the skuttlebutt of a dealer added value that all of a sudden grabs a name recognition - normally only works performance wise though. Somehow gotta show or let them conclude a resolution not only saves when it comes to the bottom line but also reflects the agility and willingness to consistently manufacture a product with verifiable function of quality.

Maybe put the liner on last and it wonā€™t need a relief?

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Itā€™s the subtle things that gets the attention, works best when they think itā€™s their idea.

Sometimes itā€™s the skuttlebutt of a dealer added value that all of a sudden grabs a name recognition - normally only works performance wise though. Somehow gotta show or let them conclude a resolution not only saves when it comes to the bottom line but also reflects the agility and willingness to consistently manufacture a product with verifiable function of quality.

Thanks, agreed.

C.A.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've worked on my cars for many years, but that's the problem: I'm getting up in years and have a difficult time getting down to and up from the floor lately. I've got the DIYvan patch kit for the wheel well holes and I will probably have to pay the local Ford dealer to install them for me. But before I do that, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has had a local dealer or someone else install the kit for them. It does seem interesting. My dealer won't even acknowledge the holes are there (He says "No one else has complained.") so I'll find out what he says when I ask him to repair them for me.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Just got back from the dealership. Looking for more information as to when my car will be built via their Vehicle Visibility Reporting System - now 3/27/24. I also wanted to speak to the service manager, but he had 3 people in his office. I spoke with a guy at the service desk who has an S650. He was NOT aware of the holes. I showed him an edited version of @TUnica's video from October. He too was surprised. I told him about the diyvan.com fix. I'll try calling the service manager and making an appointment.
BTW: My sales rep no longer works there. :crying:

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, there they are, ya gotta acknowledge them! Admitting is a problem is another thing. At the dealership level, I've never worked anywhere that would install any aftermarket parts unless it was factory approved, like Roush supercharger kits. Maybe a local independent shop? Any grandkids or kids of a suitable age?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, there they are, ya gotta acknowledge them! Admitting is a problem is another thing. At the dealership level, I've never worked anywhere that would install any aftermarket parts unless it was factory approved, like Roush supercharger kits. Maybe a local independent shop? Any grandkids or kids of a suitable age?
The diyvan kit even I can do.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kit is slick as hell!

C.A.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll ask a shade-tree mechanic friend to do the job, but first I think I'll contact the dealer to see what he'll say.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll ask a shade-tree mechanic friend to do the job, but first I think I'll contact the dealer to see what he'll say.
I would love to know what the dealer says. All I got was shrugs.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)