• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
You don’t want to use expanding foam because it will trap moisture.

one of the 7G members is manufacturing a fix for this -
Not sure if any of you are on Twiiter (err I mean X, lol) but if you are maybe tweet this thread and video at Ford's CEO Jim Farley? His twitter handle is: @jimfarley98

Farley is a car guy and if enough of us tweet this at him maybe him or at least someone at Ford will see it and take a closer look into this issue. It only takes a minute of your time so why not?
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Not sure if any of you are on Twiiter (err I mean X, lol) but if you are maybe tweet this thread and video at Ford's CEO Jim Farley? His twitter handle is: @jimfarley98

Farley is a car guy and if enough of us tweet this at him maybe him or at least someone at Ford will see it and take a closer look into this issue. It only takes a minute of your time so why not?
Too bad the Ford rep following this forum hasn't passed on the issue. I tried several months ago. He blew me off because I don't have my car yet.

BTW: I don't do X.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Too bad the Ford rep following this forum hasn't passed on the issue. I tried several months ago. He blew me off because I don't have my car yet.

BTW: I don't do X.
Don't feel bad, the rep will blow you off when you have your car too.

Consistency is job 1

Last edited:

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
The simple fix that Woobar devised is perfect. Got the template, will pick up some rubber sheets tomorrow and take care of the problem.

Last edited:

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Thats exactly what I’m going to do when I get mine out of storage.
yea finally taking the cover off ours tomorrow, been hibernating since Nov.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Too bad the Ford rep following this forum hasn't passed on the issue.
Send him your VIN and they'll look into it. :wink:

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Send him your VIN and they'll look into it. :wink:
Give him your vin and he will look into it. He’s the Ford rep and he needs to look into it? Where’s he been on holidays or a sleep maybe in a coma? Chances are he may be frightened from the upper brass who are quiet and have yet to admit the problem.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Give him your vin and he will look into it. He’s the Ford rep and he needs to look into it? Where’s he been on holidays or a sleep maybe in a coma? Chances are he may be frightened from the upper brass who are quiet and have yet to admit the problem.
The Ford rep. is merely there for PR. Every post I have seen from him is either congratulation to a buyer for his purchase OR, in the case of a problem, requesting the owner message him his VIN # and dealer and writing that he "would look into it". I have NOT seen any responses from owners regarding results.

As I don't have my car yet, he blew me off when I tried.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Ford will never see this as any kind of problem, and will not come out with a fix for something that they consider normal. I posted a pic of the assy line, its where the cars sit on the body jig. I work at a Ford dealer, and own three, but will be the first to tell anyone that they are a tough manufacturer to deal with. I can't get them to fix things that they have acknowledged are problems, let alone having them recognize this as an issue. Buy the inserts, make your own, or live with it, but beating you head against the wall trying to get them to "do something" is fruitless. I'm betting we all have better uses for our time. "Should" we have to deal with this? Maybe, maybe not, but you gotta ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
If he’s there for just PR he sure as hell doing a lousy job at that too. If he’s been asked about this problem would it not be in our interest for him to look into it as a PR? How about we send him thousands of VINS then and just maybe as a good PR he might do some real investigation.I may sound pixxed off but isn’t about time Ford did something Constructive ?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford will never see this as any kind of problem, and will not come out with a fix for something that they consider normal. I posted a pic of the assy line, its where the cars sit on the body jig. I work at a Ford dealer, and own three, but will be the first to tell anyone that they are a tough manufacturer to deal with. I can't get them to fix things that they have acknowledged are problems, let alone having them recognize this as an issue. Buy the inserts, make your own, or live with it, but beating you head against the wall trying to get them to "do something" is fruitless. I'm betting we all have better uses for our time. "Should" we have to deal with this? Maybe, maybe not, but you gotta ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze.
Thanks for the reality check.
I plan to fix the problem with the DIYVan solution as soon as my car comes in.
Sponsored