• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

C.A.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I HAVE A 24 GT CONVERTIBLE WITH LESS THAN 500 MILES AND PLAN ON INSTALLING THE HEIN'S KIT BUT FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE WHATEVER GRAVEL, ETC., HAS ALREADY ACCUMULATED BEHIND THE WHEEL WELLS. I'M UP IN YEARS AND WOULD HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME DOING THE JOB MYSELF SO I'M PLANNING ON TAKING THE CAR TO THE DEALER AND ASKING HIM TO DO IT. THE LOCAL FORD SERVICE DEPARTMENT TELLS ME THEY HAVE RECEIVED NO OTHER REPORTS OF THIS MATTTER AND I'M NOT SURE IF THEY WOULD KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE DEBRIS. I DON'T DRIVE THE CAR WHEN THE ROADS ARE WET OR WHEN IT'S BELOW FIFTY DEGREES SO I DON'T NEED AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE, BUT I WAS HOPING SOMEONE COULD POST A DEMONSTRATION ON HOW TO DO THE JOB.
Sponsored

Reactions: DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I HAVE A 24 GT CONVERTIBLE WITH LESS THAN 500 MILES AND PLAN ON INSTALLING THE HEIN'S KIT BUT FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE WHATEVER GRAVEL, ETC., HAS ALREADY ACCUMULATED BEHIND THE WHEEL WELLS. I'M UP IN YEARS AND WOULD HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME DOING THE JOB MYSELF SO I'M PLANNING ON TAKING THE CAR TO THE DEALER AND ASKING HIM TO DO IT. THE LOCAL FORD SERVICE DEPARTMENT TELLS ME THEY HAVE RECEIVED NO OTHER REPORTS OF THIS MATTTER AND I'M NOT SURE IF THEY WOULD KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE DEBRIS. I DON'T DRIVE THE CAR WHEN THE ROADS ARE WET OR WHEN IT'S BELOW FIFTY DEGREES SO I DON'T NEED AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE, BUT I WAS HOPING SOMEONE COULD POST A DEMONSTRATION ON HOW TO DO THE JOB.
I'm in the same situation agewise. When I pickup my car from the dealer, I plan to Duct Tape the holes until I can install Hein's kit.

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
I'm in the same situation agewise. When I pickup my car from the dealer, I plan to Duct Tape the holes until I can install Hein's kit.
I think I only have a few small pebbles in mine, I was able to get some out by just tapping the underside. I went ahead and covered mine up, and I will wait until I do the oil change and remove all of the lower panels, which is probably going to be the very best way to ultimately get them out

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
The second video I did shows where the stones get wedged in, if the dealer can’t figure it out based on that I would consider bringing it someplace else. Hein’s video will show them how to install. The inner wheel well as well as the protection that runs full length should be removed. The stones become wedged in two locations, the braces that are from the K member just behind the opening then between the fender and the chassis. Both of these locations are shown in the second video.

GT-24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized Grey,401A,Active Exhaust, Brembo,Auto
Hein created a video prior to selling the plugs, check out his website.
https://diyvan.com/products/2024-ford-mustang-fender-liner-hole-cover-panels-kit

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues bKX9sqZ

I had first thought I would remove the tire to install these but the tire needs to be in place in order to use the foam blocks to hold the part in place while the JB weld was curing. Because of this it was hard to get my hand in there to do a clean job, at some point I will remove the tire and put more JB weld over the edges to give it a better appearance.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
bKX9sqZ.jpg

I had first thought I would remove the tire to install these but the tire needs to be in place in order to use the foam blocks to hold the part in place while the JB weld was curing. Because of this it was hard to get my hand in there to do a clean job, at some point I will remove the tire and put more JB weld over the edges to give it a better appearance.
Thanks for the extraordinary advice and that’s the reason I want to hold it off till early spring to take the tires off and do a good fixture on it!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Thanks for the extraordinary advice and that’s the reason I want to hold it off till early spring to take the tires off and do a good fixture on it!
Rivets are definitely an option. Here is a photo of the panel installed and lightly coated with Rustoleum truck bed coating spray.

All the best,
Hein

Impact_fender_liner_panel_installed.png

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Could be double that price and it would still be worth it, honestly it’s a gift at it’s current price for something that already fits.

GTSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
All, I have posted this in some other threads regarding the 2024 mustang front inner wheel well openings. For those of you who are not aware, there is an opening directly behind each front wheel where stones, dirt, sand get tossed into. Once it goes in, there is no way for it to get out unless you clean it out. The stones will work their way between the outer plastic rocker molding and the pinch weld where they etch their way through the paint. The opening also exposes the K member as well as the body sheet metal. So as you drive your car, you are damaging a place that under these circumstances becomes VERY vulnerable to rust and corrosion. I have never seen such a poorly designed inner fender well? Ford as well as the dealers need to hear about this so hopefully they can get a new design for this half of the wheel well.

Here is a video put up on youtube. If you have seen it great, but if you have not and are not aware of this, please watch this or go look at your wheel well, you will see what I'm talking about. It is much easier to see on a lift, but I discovered this the first night just laying down looking under the car.

Either this winter or this spring I plan on making something to cover this. I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this.

Thank you

I looked at mine and the holes are there, found a few small pieces of gravel, asphalt etc. Terrible oversight by engineers who decided to leave the opening!!! I "fixed" this with an old foam garden knee pad I had lying around. Simply cut a rectangle about 4 x 8 inches and slid about Âľ of it into the opening towards the center, then pulled it towards the fender until it's centered in the opening. Frame held it in place, albeit loosely, hasn't moved or came out at after driving 70+ mph! Bonus is the gray color blends quite well with the rest of the well cover!
UPDATE: instead of cutting foam 8", I cut it about 15" and folded it half for a much tighter fit. Attached pics
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues 1000005689
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues 1000005688
S650 Mustang Front inner wheel well issues 1000005687

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I looked at mine and the holes are there, found a few small pieces of gravel, asphalt etc. Terrible oversight by engineers who decided to leave the opening!!! I "fixed" this with an old foam garden knee pad I had lying around. Simply cut a rectangle about 4 x 8 inches and slid about Âľ of it into the opening towards the center, then pulled it towards the fender until it's centered in the opening. Frame held it in place, albeit loosely, hasn't moved or came out at after driving 70+ mph! Bonus is the gray color blends quite well with the rest of the well cover!
Foam will hold water in there worse than leaving a hole!

GTSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Foam will hold water in there worse than leaving a hole!
Not if it's closed cell such as the foam is made of, besides it issue is debris not water. Also the foam is in front of frame not inside the frame.
Sponsored