• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
I got my inserts yesterday , and will be installing this weekend. These are very nice pieces, and include all you need to do the job. My hat is off to the vendor for stepping up to do this.
Sponsored

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Ford hasn't given any explanation on the issue as of yet ,is that correct?šŸ¤”

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I know some of you used tape to cover these holes (at least temporarily). I'm curious how that tape is holding up and what brand and type of tape you used? I have a GT on order that's supposed to get built at the end of March and I'm honestly thinking I'm going to bring some tape with me to the dealer when I pick it up. I really don't feel like cleaning out a bunch of rocks before I figure out what my 'fix' is going to be. It'll probably end up being about May before I get my car so maybe we'll have some more information or clarification on these mysterious holes...

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford will give no explanation, its on every car and they will consider it normal, like it or not. Best we can do is what we've been doing.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
I know some of you used tape to cover these holes (at least temporarily). I'm curious how that tape is holding up and what brand and type of tape you used? I have a GT on order that's supposed to get built at the end of March and I'm honestly thinking I'm going to bring some tape with me to the dealer when I pick it up. I really don't feel like cleaning out a bunch of rocks before I figure out what my 'fix' is going to be. It'll probably end up being about May before I get my car so maybe we'll have some more information or clarification on these mysterious holes...
I used Gorilla Tape about a month ago. We experienced rain, snow, construction roads in the area where i live (Alexandria, VA)...and is still holding fine, no sign of tear or loose tape.

Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Tape 4" x 10' Black

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
Have they corrected this issue with the job 2 cars being produced now? Seen someone in here post saying they heard that.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I used Gorilla Tape about a month ago. We experienced rain, snow, construction roads in the area where i live (Alexandria, VA)...and is still holding fine, no sign of tear or loose tape.

Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Tape 4" x 10' Black
Thanks for the reply on the tape. I'm probably over thinking this but I assume you literally just taped over the holes and made it look as 'pretty' as possible? I assume you didn't need to remove the wheels or anything to tape it? Do you happen to have any pics of the finished product?

I'm seriously thinking I'm going to bring a roll of this tape to the dealership with me when I pick up my car and tape it up in the parking lot before I drive off. Also do you have any plans for a more permanent fix for the holes?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Thanks for the reply on the tape. I'm probably over thinking this but I assume you literally just taped over the holes and made it look as 'pretty' as possible? I assume you didn't need to remove the wheels or anything to tape it? Do you happen to have any pics of the finished product?

I'm seriously thinking I'm going to bring a roll of this tape to the dealership with me when I pick up my car and tape it up in the parking lot before I drive off. Also do you have any plans for a more permanent fix for the holes?
I plan the same thing at the dealership and then installing Hein's fix.

Woobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Here was the earlier post of my $6.00 wheel well fix in case anyone is interested. Feel free to contact me if you have any question on it.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Y'all are tweaking. $100 to cover a hole that isn't a problem to begin with šŸ˜‚ just put some tape over it if you're concerned, I promise nobody will ever look or care about your wheel well.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Y'all are tweaking. $100 to cover a hole that isn't a problem to begin with šŸ˜‚ just put some tape over it if you're concerned, I promise nobody will ever look or care about your wheel well.
Based on @TUnica video and findings, I respectfully disagree.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Based on @TUnica video and findings, I respectfully disagree.
EDIT: nvm I see.

Still, $100 to do what tape or some plastic and JB weld would do is a bit egregious

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Reactions: DCS

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure where I heard that Job 2 cars would be different, but we've gotten several here at our dealership and they are the same as the earlier ones.

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Respectfully that completely depends on how long you own the car for. Iā€™m assuming based on your comet that you have not been in there to see how well the stones become wedged and imbedded, not to mention the brace and chassis being stripped down. If you donā€™t care about your under chassis and are going to sell the car in a couple of years great, but some people like to keep the cars as well as have something a little more than tape on their new $70k purchase.
Sponsored