• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front inner wheel well issues

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
This will vary per dealership. Some dealerships are willing to listen to their customers and reach out to Ford Motor Company. Others, if you don't buy the vehicle because of said flaw, they'll just move on because someone else who doesn't know about it will buy the vehicle.
True. Brand new Mustangscost a mint, wait months for them and long T the problems already.
Sponsored

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So when my Mustang comes in should I bring a roll of tape with me to the dealer and do a quick fix before I drive it home? Might save some aggravation of all those pesky stones getting in there...
of course!

OP
OP
TUnica

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would need to bring a roll of duct tape when I was going to pick up our $70,000 Mustang GT convertible from the dealership yet this is the reality of the 2024 Mustang.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
This will vary per dealership. Some dealerships are willing to listen to their customers and reach out to Ford Motor Company. Others, if you don't buy the vehicle because of said flaw, they'll just move on because someone else who doesn't know about it will buy the vehicle.
Sad but true.
There is sufficient demand for these vehicles, so the dealers don't care.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Sad but true.
Rock, hard place, door wall, hand feed, gift horse.

although it would be curious if any stepped up and sold out hein in the name of tunica

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Rock, hard place, door wall, hand feed, gift horse.

although it would be curious if any stepped up and sold out hein in the name of tunica
Not sure what you are saying here, but I intend to buy Hein's kit as soon as I get a scheduled build date!

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Sad but true.
So true...and now that Ford has added that annoying "auto start stop" feature to the GT, so you can be silent like an EV at a stoplight, is absolutely absurd.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Not sure what you are saying here, but I intend to buy Hein's kit as soon as I get a scheduled build date!
What was the question?
How would ‘rock’ and a ‘hard place’ apply to a ‘dealer’?

possibly a proposed solution to what seems to be an ‘enhancement’ of an existing anomaly?

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
Finally have a kit available.

https://diyvan.com/products/2024-ford-mustang-fender-liner-hole-cover-panels-kit

Spent lots of hours tweaking 3D CAD model and running test parts to optimize the fit. Parts are printed on our in-house MarkForged industial quality 3D printer using their Onyx micro carbon fiber filled nylon . Print time for RH and LH parts is about 6 hours.

Do also admire all the innovative DIY solutions posted in this thread. And a big thank you to Tony for making us aware of this issue.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan

video showing our parts and installation process
This kit is extremely well made, a perfect fit. I got it today in the mail and installed them in about an hour, most of the time was spent waiting on the epoxy to cure. Thank you Hein, I really appreciate your attention to detail.
Sponsored